Sign in to follow this  
ravishingone

Mekhi Becton, T- Louisville

Mechai will definitely be high on Licht s draft board.  He has always favored his higher ceiling prospects who might have lower floors.  

Considering they  had interest in Cody Ford last season and he drafted D Smith. physical speciman at tackle seems pretty important to Licht.

BA doesn't seem to expect any linemen to come in pro ready. So taking a guy with all the physical gifts (x2) would make a lot of sense.

Would be really disappointed if this is who we came away with out of the OT group. His pass blocking is below average, and he has terrible leverage in that aspect of his game. His straight line speed in impressive, however, his lateral movement isn't very good. He still has trouble mirroring more agile pass rushers. I also am worried about how he will carry his weight for the rest of his career. I know he doesn't have very much bad weight on him now, but I think it would be very easy for him to get out of shape if he ever got complacent. Overall, just too many red flags to his game in my opinion. Im much higher on the big 3 OT, and I am still very high on Josh Jones, who is the best pure pass blocker in the class in my opinion. You have to remember that we are going to be throwing the ball a ton this year. 

I am also really liking the idea of taking an OT in round 2 or 3 in this draft. Ezra Cleveland, Matt Peart, Jack Driscoll all guys I like in round 2 or later. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

Would be really disappointed if this is who we came away with out of the OT group. His pass blocking is below average, and he has terrible leverage in that aspect of his game. His straight line speed in impressive, however, his lateral movement isn't very good. He still has trouble mirroring more agile pass rushers. I also am worried about how he will carry his weight for the rest of his career. I know he doesn't have very much bad weight on him now, but I think it would be very easy for him to get out of shape if he ever got complacent. Overall, just too many red flags to his game in my opinion. Im much higher on the big 3 OT, and I am still very high on Josh Jones, who is the best pure pass blocker in the class in my opinion. You have to remember that we are going to be throwing the ball a ton this year. 

I am also really liking the idea of taking an OT in round 2 or 3 in this draft. Ezra Cleveland, Matt Peart, Jack Driscoll all guys I like in round 2 or later. 

I agree, Becton is the one 1st round OT I'd actually like to avoid. He scares me. He's the typical highest ceiling guy, but lowest floor type. Gonna take a lot of good coaching to untap his full potential. When I was a Rams fan, we always took these guys over the 'sure thing' OTs due to that P word...potential. These guys (refering Jason Smith and Greg Robinson) didn't pan out...

My current 1st round tackle ratings:

1. Tristan Wirfs

2. Andrew Thomas

3. Jedrick Wills

4. Josh Jones

I agree with the 2nd and 3rd rounders being options too. This is a good class. I would throw Lucas Niang into that day 2 group of OTs as well...

Edited by kgarrett12486

Posted (edited)

According to Ledyard, get ready Bucs fans

Edited by ravishingone

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

According to Ledyard, get ready Bucs fans

im ready. He may not be starter day 1 but in due time with his skill set will be a stud. Bucs new oline coaching staff turned Cappa from a third round bust in waiting to a solid guard. 

Bucs took D White at 5 who is extremely raw i cannot see them passing up becton at 14.

Edited by indifference