FFMD II '20 - Green Bay Packers Front Office

ny92mike

Welcome to FFMD 2020

Attention Moderators:  We are requesting that you priority pin this thread. @Packerraymond

ffmd2mock.png

FFMD II '20 - Official Workbook

FFMD II '20 - League Discussion Thread / Guidelines

CLICK HERE TO BE DIRECTED

giphy.gif

FFMD WANTS YOU....

The sign up process officially begins on Wed, March 25th but if you're feeling froggy feel free to sign up now.  Providing we have an adequate number of members signed up, we'll end the GM hunt on March 31st.  If you are interested in contributing to the successful relaunch of FFMD, we encourage you to join by submitting your request for either General Manager, Creative Writer and Draft Analyst by heading to the signup thread in the GM Mock Draft forum.

Schedule of Events - Eastern Time Zone

• General Manager (GM) & Creative Writer (CW) Sign Up Open - Wed, March 25th @ 10:00 AM

• GM & CW Sign Up Close - Tues, March 31st @ 12:00 PM (noon)

• GM Announcement - Tues, March 31st @ 8:00 PM

• NFL Team Rosters Locked & Cap Finalized - Thur, April 1st

• NFL Draft Begins - Fri, April 3rd @ 9:00 AM

FFMD is a forum-wide GM mock draft designed to give the members of the site a fun way to pass the time during the dry spells of the offseason taking place April 1st and takes us to just a few days of the irl NFL draft.  There were two versions of this mock, however we will only be operating version 2. FFMD II, consists of a full 7 round mock draft with the ability to trade picks and/or players without the stress of a salary cap or the confusion of a free agency.  Current free agents, not signed by another team by Apr. 1st are relocated back to the original team.

To encourage membership at the GM level our plan is to reduce the typical workload previously required of the general manager.  We will be doing the following which in theory will provide you with more time to communicate with your group and not having to worry about keeping track or collecting information.  We hope that these changes will encourage you to join the FFMD experience.

• The “League Office” will post the initial discussion thread aka team war room within each team sub forum.  This provides everyone regardless of their level of interest looking at it with all the information they’ll need to participate in a structured format.  We’ll ask that each moderator assigned to their team forum pin this war room thread so that it remains at the top of the thread.

• This war room post will be titled FFMD II ‘20 - [Team Name] Front Office.

• It will contain links to the primary discussion thread housed in the GM Mock Draft sub forum.

• Guidelines

• Important dates (schedule)

• League workbook (described below) 

• A single google doc workbook is used to keep track of everything FFMD, which will house the following information.  

• Draft board / Draft Order

• Used to list and track available and selected draftees.

• This has been used in both tcmd, bdl and other GM mocks for several years with great success.

• Team Roster sheets for all 32 teams designed to display and track every transaction.  Both tcmd and bdl have used something very similar in the past and this will be a much more simplified version of those workbooks.

• Roster data is collected by us.

• Important information is displayed and updated automatically.

• In the past, only the GM and a coGM were the only ones permitted to seek trades from other members.  Now any member of your group is allowed to seek out trade inquiries that can be delivered to your war room for debate and vote on.  

As the GM your responsibilities are a bit more involved than other members within your front office therefore your final vote in which players are selected during the draft and finalizing trades does carry a little more weight, after all you are the General Manager.  So for example, if you have a couple different options for an upcoming pick and the war room is split on which player to take as the GM it’s your responsibility to make the final decision. 

General Managers or an elected member within your front office are required to post each transaction you make within the League Office thread.  We will update the workbook based on the data posted.

General Manager Best Practices

• Be a leader not a dictator.

• Listen to the feedback & suggestions from all participating members of your front office.

• Keep your war room thread informed

• Create discussions early on items such as “team needs” so that everyone within your group is on the same page.

• Stay on top of the action by starting the discussion early enough that your front office has the necessary time to discuss various options.

• Give your front office more control to scout for potential trades.

@EaglesPeteC - Commish

@ny92mike - League Office Lead

@Counselor - FFMD Board

@Packerraymond - FFMD Board

@MikeT14 - FFMD Board

@mountainpd - FFMD Board

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

So does anyone have an opinion about the possibility of trading Aaron Jones for 2.13 and 4.11 (Tampa Bay)?

I would look for more than that.

TCMD, Jones returned Hicks, pick 43 and pick 132 ( or picks close to that)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

So does anyone have an opinion about the possibility of trading Aaron Jones for picks 2.13 (45) and 4.11 (117) from Tampa Bay?

I just don't like it.  Jones has gotten better over time.  And he's a special kind of back.  I'm inclined to keep him this year, then tag and try to trade next year.  Even if it means less value.

We have just so few impact guys on offense that I hate getting rid of one.  As much as RB's are "plug and play", I guess I don't feel like there won't be a pretty significant drop off.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I just don't like it.  Jones has gotten better over time.  And he's a special kind of back.  I'm inclined to keep him this year, then tag and try to trade next year.  Even if it means less value.

We have just so few impact guys on offense that I hate getting rid of one.  As much as RB's are "plug and play", I guess I don't feel like there won't be a pretty significant drop off.  

Think I agree even tho that's a significant haul for a RB. We want Jones on this roster next year.

Think Josh Jackson should be on the block. I'd entertain offers for Lazard and MVS too