FFMD II '20 - Green Bay Packers Front Office

ny92mike

2 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Have a trade offer from the 49ers:  WR Dante Pettis for Josh Jackson.  I know nothing about Pettis so I was hoping someone who might know about him could give me an idea of whether or not this would be a good trade.  If Josh Jackson is unlikely to make the team, then I wouldn't be against the trade since Pettis would be expendable if he doesn't show anything.  If we think Jackson might be able to contribute, then I don't see any reason to make the trade unless we think Pettis might be able to contribute more.  Again, I know nothing about Pettis, so looking for opinions.

I'm not all that interested, personally, but I thought I would at least throw it out there to see what people thought.

Pettis is a route runner type wide receiver; smaller, more quick than fast. Was a great punt returner in college. Was pretty good his rookie season, showed some legit flashes here and there, then got himself into the doghouse in his second season during training camp, and Shanny basically never let him out once Bourne became a reliable target. Needs a change of scenery for sure. In this case, I just assumed that he would have a higher chance of contributing to you guys than Jackson would, and likewise Jackson would have a better chance at contributing to the niners than Pettis would. 

Have a trade offer from the 49ers:  WR Dante Pettis for Josh Jackson.  I know nothing about Pettis so I was hoping someone who might know about him could give me an idea of whether or not this would be a good trade.  If Josh Jackson is unlikely to make the team, then I wouldn't be against the trade since Pettis would be expendable if he doesn't show anything.  If we think Jackson might be able to contribute, then I don't see any reason to make the trade unless we think Pettis might be able to contribute more.  Again, I know nothing about Pettis, so looking for opinions.

I'm not all that interested, personally, but I thought I would at least throw it out there to see what people thought.

I’d pass 

A bust for a bust.