2000s Comedy - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

14 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Timestamps?  So let me get this straight, you want me to do over 5 times the work load that you would do and for what?  That maybe you do what was asked by maybe you don't?  I honestly do not believe you or anyone else can list 20 really funny moments from that film, that is why I asked.  

I do not care about the damn timestamp, just give me a general context of where it was in the film.  What were they doing.  Scenes only if you want.  I could maybe count 5 or so, that is the point.  Hell name 5, what is the funniest point in the entire film?  I have no idea, because it was not that damn funny in my opinion.  Clever, entertaining I guess but again take the amazing southern Gospel music out of it and you have very little worth note in the film long term, regardless if one likes it as a comedy or not.  

Since you seemed to miss the point, telling someone to list the 20 funniest parts of a movie is ludicrous dude.  I really shouldn't have to tell you that.

What I will say is there are bumbling, ridiculous characters galore, it' dripping with dry humor (the scene where they whisper to each other in the theater is one hilarious moment), and lastly, this isn't a competition for the funniest movie, it's the best comedy.  It's a comedy, and as you point out, the music is fantastic, tons of the characters are memorable, and it's a unique take on a classic story.  It's a great movie.

If you want something that's pure jokes, just nominate a stand up special.

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

when that guy tries to warn the other guys.

thats pretty good bit

I thought the best bit was his daughters and that interchange and when his wife came up to him in the store and he starting to get into a fight with that dude she was with.  Funny moments are funny moments but it should not be that hard to point out.  Some funny parts when they were recording the song at the studio, some funny parts when John Goodman came into play and that back and forth.  But I would not call any of them this historically hilarious interaction.  Cute southern charm is great, but again take the music out the movie was nothing great.

Just now, Daniel said:

Since you seemed to miss the point, telling someone to list the 20 funniest parts of a movie is ludicrous dude.  I really shouldn't have to tell you that.

What I will say is there are bumbling, ridiculous characters galore, it' dripping with dry humor (the scene where they whisper to each other in the theater is one hilarious moment), and lastly, this isn't a competition for the funniest movie, it's the best comedy.  It's a comedy, and as you point out, the music is fantastic, tons of the characters are memorable, and it's a unique take on a classic story.  It's a great movie.

If you want something that's pure jokes, just nominate a stand up special.

Ludicrous maybe, but if I wanted to I could do that easily for the movies I nominated especially Step Brothers and Napoleon Dynamite, but yes it would take quite awhile.  Sure, but the best thing to come from that movie was more recognition for The Peasall Sisters, Dan Tyminski and Alison Krauss.  Same thing with Blues Brothers, if a movie is leaning that heavy on the music then it is not really a comedy and more a musical.

PS this is the best song the Peasall Sisters have done though, not the ones in the movie.  Anderson Family Bluegrass/ aka Paige Anderson & The Fearless Kin is pretty close to that group if not better though arguably.  

9 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

each of the clips in this playlist should satisfy the 20+ figure. If not, then the humor type isnt for you. However, that DOES NOT disqualify it as humor. No one person gets to decide that. 

True, but you can find a similar clip show for almost any film.   Or just freaking watch it.  But yeah if people are rolling on the ground laughing at this movie and these clips, whatever I guess, go ahead.  

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

Well, as for your picks,  i dont find Superbad or Little Miss Sunshine to be hilarious either

Superbad is not funny?  Um ok.   It only made Jonah Hill's career almost, which is pretty damn solid comedy wise, was his absolute breakout film and best film arguably.

And if one does not find that final dance scene in Little Miss Sunshine funny, I don't know what to tell you other than, sorry.  Paul Dano's character busting a move is the best with his facial expression and Greg Kinnear is freaking classic throughout.    If that is not funny, I mean what the hell.  But no Some Like It Hot is the best comedy all time, horse****.  

Like what you like I suppose, and it all does not really matter anyway.

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

dont remember him saying it was a bad movie

Saying a comedy is not funny is kind of saying it is a bad movie is it not?  No let us play semantics instead.  

45 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Saying a comedy is not funny is kind of saying it is a bad movie is it not?  No let us play semantics instead.  

not always.

for instance, i dont think school of rock is that funny, but i like that movie.