2000s Comedy - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

Step Brothers
Napolean Dynamite 
Superbad
Anchorman 
Little Miss Sunshine  

Anyone that does not have Napoleon Dynamite on the list needs to watch that movie again, it is one of the most rare comedy movies ever made and there probably will never be another one like it.  The Budget was only $400,000!    No sex, guns or swearing and it was still wildly popular, that is not easy to pull off, and Step Brothers is a freaking classic, the first 30 minutes of that is hilarious.

Honorable mention:

Mean Girls
Burn After Reading  
Death at a Funeral 2007  
The Promotion  
Tropic Thunder  
The Hangover  
Zoolander  

31 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Anyone that does not have Napoleon Dynamite on the list needs to watch that movie again, it is one of the most rare comedy movies ever made and there probably will never be another one like it.  The Budget was only $400,000!    No sex, guns or swearing and it was still wildly popular, that is not easy to pull off, and Step Brothers is a freaking classic, the first 30 minutes of that is hilarious.

2 movies I just didn't get or just don't like are Napoleon Dynamite and Borat.  I'll take 10 lashes with a belt before watching those again.

• Like 1

Just now, THE DUKE said:

2 movies I just didn't get or just don't like are Napoleon Dynamite and Borat.  I'll take 10 lashes with a belt before watching those again.

School or Rock is a great movie no doubt about it, quality film from your list.  I do not see how O' Brother, Where Art Thou? is so hilarious.   So you are saying Napoleon Dynamite is not as funny as O' Brother, Where Art Thou?   

What, historically amazing Southern Gospel music is funny?  That is the entire driving force of the film, you take the amazing Southern songs out of it and the movie takes a huge dump and would not nearly be as memorable.   Sure there are funny parts but to call it a lough out lough comedy, I do not see that at all.  Counting the number of times I laughed in that film, it does not stack up to others where the jokes are far more consistent and the entire premise far more comedic.  

Clearly some do not like slapstick lowbrow comedy and are too educated or consider themselves too sophisticated to laugh at it?  Whatever, I think it is great and Napoleon is easily one of the most original comedy movie characters of all time.  Multiple characters in the film are funny not just one or two.  When has there been a film so simple, so technically clean of profanity, sex and drugs yet be still funny?  That alone puts it up there for me, being rare and out of the ordinary in budget, cast and story.  

5 hours ago, Daniel said:

The Royal Tennenbaums

Tropic Thunder

Idiocracy

In Bruges

O Brother Where Art Thou?

Close, but no cigar for 40 Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up, Superbad, Anchorman, Team America and Shaun of the Dead.  This one was really hard to narrow down to 5.  SOTD and Team America were my last two out.  Three of the others are among my favorite movies of all time, TT was the hardest I've laughed at a movie in this decade, and Idiocracy just becomes more and more topical, and everything Mike Judge does is classic.

So, I'm about to be one of those guys.  I completely forgot Pixar.  I guess my official noms are now:

The Royal Tennenbaums

Tropic Thunder

In Bruges

Up

Sorry Idiocracy.  There can be only five.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

So, I'm about to be one of those guys.  I completely forgot Pixar.  I guess my official noms are now:

The Royal Tennenbaums

Tropic Thunder

In Bruges

Up

Sorry Idiocracy.  There can be only five.

Anyone can answer but since you were the most recent one to list it...

Out of curiosity, what are the top 20 funniest moments in O' Brother, Where Art Thou?, ready, set go.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Anyone can answer but since you were the most recent one to list it...

Out of curiosity, what are the top 20 funniest moments in O' Brother, Where Art Thou?, ready, set go.  

Are you trolling?

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Are you trolling?

It is a serious question, three people have nominated it already I believe and honestly I cannot think of maybe 5 funny moments in that film much less 20+, so curious if someone can enlighten me on all the great comedy moments in that film.

Because doing the same thing for Step Brothers or Napoleon Dynamite would be like a joke, because it would be so simple to do especially if one watched all of it and wrote down the good parts, easily 20+ and beyond.  Same with Tommy Boy, Dumb and Dumber etc.  

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

It is a serious question, three people have nominated it already I believe and honestly I cannot think of maybe 5 funny moments in that film much less 20+, so curious if someone can enlighten me on all the great comedy moments in that film.

Because doing the same thing for Step Brothers or Napoleon Dynamite would be like a joke, because it would be so simple to do especially if one watched all of it and wrote down the good parts, easily 20+ and beyond.  Same with Tommy Boy, Dumb and Dumber etc.  

Tell you what, you list only the 15 funniest moments (because I'm nice) from each of the five movies you nominated over it, with linear notes and timestamps please, and I'll give you the 20.

Edited by Daniel

Just now, Daniel said:

Tell you what, you list only the 15 funniest moments (because I'm nice) from each of the five movies you nominated over it, with linear notes and timestamps please, and I'll give you the 20.

Timestamps?  So let me get this straight, you want me to do over 5 times the work load that you would do and for what?  That maybe you do what was asked by maybe you don't?  I honestly do not believe you or anyone else can list 20 really funny moments from that film, that is why I asked.  

I do not care about the damn timestamp, just give me a general context of where it was in the film.  What were they doing.  Scenes only if you want.  I could maybe count 5 or so, that is the point.  Hell name 5, what is the funniest point in the entire film?  I have no idea, because it was not that damn funny in my opinion.  Clever, entertaining I guess but again take the amazing southern Gospel music out of it and you have very little worth note in the film long term, regardless if one likes it as a comedy or not.