NFC South

rocky_rams

Is quietly looking a very solid division. I think ATL will be at the bottom but Panthers and Bucs have improved. The saints will still be good as well

NFC south can compete with NFC West as best division in the league 

Edited by rocky_rams

Panthers have lost a ton of talent on that defense...

lost key pieces in all levels of the defense (kuechly, Bradberry, Addison) and they didn't do much to replace it.  No pass rush they lost all the pass rush they still have Brian Burns but I doubt he can do it himself.   Going to be interesting to see what happens.

3 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Atlanta bottom? Below a Carolina team heading into the season with a first time head coach and Bridgewater as their starter?

I think so. I think Dan Quinn gets fired next season 

Edited by rocky_rams

I actually think the Saints and Falcons will have the advantage because of the stability at QB/HC. We dont know how the coronavirus will effect camps and even preseason. The Bucs will have a new QB in Brady trying to get on the same page with Arians and his offense with new players. Bridgewater will have to try to get on the same page with OC Brady and the new coach Rhule has to get adjusted to the NFL period. We wont see that with the Falcons because of Ryan already knows OC Koetter and HC Quinn and the players outside of Gurley and Hurst. The Saints wont have that problem because Brees already knows Payton and the players.

I think we will see this across the league where those who already have that familiarity will have an early advantage than those who need camps and preseason to get adjusted but might not have it due to the coronavirus situation. So thats why I think the Bucs can be in playoff and division contention but it might take half the season for them to really get things going and by then we dont know how far a team like the Saints might be head in the division or how far back the Bucs might be in the playoff race with teams like the Packers, Vikings, Rams, Niners, Seahawks, Eagles, and even the Cards who again all will come into the season with experience in QB and HC and not have too many major adjustments. 

I do think the NFC South will definitely be interesting. It wont be better than the NFC West but it will be close especially by season end. Sucks the NFC West and the NFC South played each other this past season because it wouldve been very interesting if they played each other this upcoming season. 

Edited by stl4life07

1 hour ago, rocky_rams said:

I think so. I think Dan Quinn gets fired next season 

The Panthers are looking liek a 2-14 team. 

The Falcons may be still a 7-9 or 8-8 team based on the current roster. But the draft hasn't happened yet.

The Saints are probably an 11-5 team.

The Buccs are probably a 10-6 team.

But there's no way the Falcons are worse than the Panthers.

The Panthers might have a pretty exciting offense but the defense is too depleted. I fully expect a losing season.

Saints are due for a downfall. It just takes too much effort and for things to go your way to make a deep run 4 years in a row. 

I would give the Buccaneers a solid shot at winning the division or taking wild card and later beating  the division winner. With Brady they’ll get the clutch performances needed to win against the Falcons or the Saints. 

19 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Not saying they won't end up being better, but how have the Panthers improved? At least on paper?

Well for one, they improved at QB. I know their defense is depleted but in such an offensive driven league, I think they do better than most expect 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Not saying they won't end up being better, but how have the Panthers improved? At least on paper?

Well for one, they improved at QB. I know their defense is depleted but in such an offensive driven league, I think they do better than most expect 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RabidPanther89 said:

The Panthers might have a pretty exciting offense but the defense is too depleted. I fully expect a losing season.

Saints are due for a downfall. It just takes too much effort and for things to go your way to make a deep run 4 years in a row. 

I would give the Buccaneers a solid shot at winning the division or taking wild card and later beating  the division winner. With Brady they’ll get the clutch performances needed to win against the Falcons or the Saints. 

I mean it's possible for the Saints to have a down year, but as far as things "going your way" we did lose our starting QB for half a season last year, and had our star RB dinged up for most of the season with a high ankle sprain. I'd be surprised if we had to deal with that again this season.

Likely see the Panthers as the worst team, but I wouldn't say it's outrageous to say the Falcons could be. They were looking pretty awful last year, and they haven't made any huge changes this offseason. Obviously the Bucs and Saints will be the 1-2 punch this next season.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

I guess I'm judging that against a healthy Cam Newton though. Is that still an improvement when you look at it that way?