GDT Week 3: (2-0) Denver @ (1-1) Buffalo

Trentwannabe

Image result for denver broncos suck VS. Image result for buffalo bills logo

Quick Stats:

September has been very friendly to the Broncos. Not losing in the 9th month since 2014.
Denver hasn't played in Buffalo since 2011 (Infamous Teblow game) which the Bills won 40-14.
Broncos RB CJ Anderson is 2nd in the league in rushing.
Bills defense is 5th in rushing defense and 2nd overall. 
Denver is 3rd in rush defense and 4th overall. 

Fun Facts:
Tyrod Taylor almost signed with Denver in 2015 rather than the Bills.
Bills OC Rick Dennison played for the Broncos and coached there from 1995-2009 and again in 2015 through last season. 
The Bills also interviewed current Broncos HC Vance Joseph for their HC position before hiring Sean McDermott
The 2011 draft netted the Broncos LB Von Miller with the 2nd overall pick. The Bills took Marcel Dareus 3rd overall. 

5 Previous Games:
2014: Buffalo 17 @ Denver 24
2011: Denver 14 @ Buffalo 40
2008: Buffalo 30 @ Denver 23
2007: Denver 15 @ Buffalo 14
2005: Denver 28 @ Buffalo 17 

Analysis:

The Bills are in the middle of a 3 week stretch where they are playing 3 of the last 4 Super Bowl teams. The Bills offense was beyond horrendous last week in Carolina which directly lead to their loss. Denver shocked many when they dominated the Cowboys at home in all phases of the game. Trevor Seimen looked like more than just a stop gap starter, but rather a top 10 quarterback who can lead his team to the promise land. The Denver defense does not appear to be missing Wade Phillips as they've continued pressuring the QB and making it a no fly zone for opposing QB's. 

Buffalo's defense has seen a resurgence under Sean McDermott and Leslie Frazier, registering 7 sacks in two games and allowing just 15 points.. The Bills offense however, is as stale as its been in years. The WR's lack separation and speed, Taylor lacks anticipation and trust and the OL hasn't completely gotten the running game going for McCoy. Buffalo will need to turn things around in a hurry if they hope to move the ball against a stingy Bronco D.

Conclusion: 

Even though the Bills are at home and for now it appears their defense is headed back towards its 2014 form, the Broncos are a legitimate SB contending team who don't lose these games very often. I think Buffalo sticks with them for a bit, but a late interception and Bronco TD seals the road win. Broncos 23 Bills 13.

29 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Image result for denver broncos suck VS. Image result for buffalo bills logo

Quick Stats:

September has been very friendly to the Broncos. Not losing in the 9th month since 2014.
Denver hasn't played in Buffalo since 2011 (Infamous Teblow game) which the Bills won 40-14.
Broncos RB CJ Anderson is 2nd in the league in rushing.
Bills defense is 5th in rushing defense and 2nd overall. 
Denver is 3rd in rush defense and 4th overall. 

Fun Facts:
Tyrod Taylor almost signed with Denver in 2015 rather than the Bills.
Bills OC Rick Dennison played for the Broncos and coached there from 1995-2009 and again in 2015 through last season. 
The Bills also interviewed current Broncos HC Vance Joseph for their HC position before hiring Sean McDermott
The 2011 draft netted the Broncos LB Von Miller with the 2nd overall pick. The Bills took Marcel Dareus 3rd overall. 

5 Previous Games:
2014: Buffalo 17 @ Denver 24
2011: Denver 14 @ Buffalo 40
2008: Buffalo 30 @ Denver 23
2007: Denver 15 @ Buffalo 14
2005: Denver 28 @ Buffalo 17 

Analysis:

The Bills are in the middle of a 3 week stretch where they are playing 3 of the last 4 Super Bowl teams. The Bills offense was beyond horrendous last week in Carolina which directly lead to their loss. Denver shocked many when they dominated the Cowboys at home in all phases of the game. Trevor Seimen looked like more than just a stop gap starter, but rather a top 10 quarterback who can lead his team to the promise land. The Denver defense does not appear to be missing Wade Phillips as they've continued pressuring the QB and making it a no fly zone for opposing QB's. 

Buffalo's defense has seen a resurgence under Sean McDermott and Leslie Frazier, registering 7 sacks in two games and allowing just 15 points.. The Bills offense however, is as stale as its been in years. The WR's lack separation and speed, Taylor lacks anticipation and trust and the OL hasn't completely gotten the running game going for McCoy. Buffalo will need to turn things around in a hurry if they hope to move the ball against a stingy Bronco D.

Conclusion: 

Even though the Bills are at home and for now it appears their defense is headed back towards its 2014 form, the Broncos are a legitimate SB contending team who don't lose these games very often. I think Buffalo sticks with them for a bit, but a late interception and Bronco TD seals the road win. Broncos 23 Bills 13.

I think it will be a bit closer, I am not yet ready to anoint Sieman as a franchise QB, so Denver may struggle on offense just like we will. Broncos 17-14.

May we finally find a true franchise QB in the 2018 draft!!!

Denver is very disciplined defending the run. They also are getting some big-play success out of their TE's...all 3 of them! That's a formula that should be successful against our Bills. Only plus I see is that they have to come east. Still, I just don't think that will be enough to neutralize the first two things.

Denver 27

Buffalo 13

10 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Definetly not afraid of Denver. They have looked good but we have destroyed Vance Jospeh defense in the past. But our offense has to get better. If we struggle again then it is time for a change.

What can we change??? We are stuck with Taylor at QB and he is a career backup starting for us, because we have nothing better???

6 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

What can we change??? We are stuck with Taylor at QB and he is a career backup starting for us, because we have nothing better???

Id put Peterman in at QB because if we are going to suck offensively then we might as well see what we have with him. Maybe try and trade Dareus cause he isnt helping us with all his injuries this year. And definetly try to tweak the offensive playbook, like add more pick plays to get the WRs some seperation for instance.

19 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Definetly not afraid of Denver. They have looked good but we have destroyed Vance Jospeh defense in the past. But our offense has to get better. If we struggle again then it is time for a change.

Joseph didn't have this defense when we had success and we have more weapons in the offense. Apples and Oranges.

With a likely loss today and next week in Atlanta, I see the Bengals game as the final straw for Tyrod. Going into the bye week would be a perfect time to make major changes like at QB IMO.

49 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Joseph didn't have this defense when we had success and we have more weapons in the offense. Apples and Oranges.

With a likely loss today and next week in Atlanta, I see the Bengals game as the final straw for Tyrod. Going into the bye week would be a perfect time to make major changes like at QB IMO.

While it is a whole new DC and new players.... its still Joseph. He is inept. His talent on defense is carrying him. But lets not pretend Dolphins didnt have talent out there. They did. Obviously not as much as the Broncos. But Joseph took a talented good defense and made them look like a peewee football defense. With that being said i still expect a loss just how good their secondary is and how bad our passing game is but they are far from a scary team in my eyes.

25 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

While it is a whole new DC and new players.... its still Joseph. He is inept. His talent on defense is carrying him. But lets not pretend Dolphins didnt have talent out there. They did. Obviously not as much as the Broncos. But Joseph took a talented good defense and made them look like a peewee football defense. With that being said i still expect a loss just how good their secondary is and how bad our passing game is but they are far from a scary team in my eyes.

I think they are underrated. You mentioned the secondary, but they are absolutely shutting down the run, too. Anderson is consistently getting fed the ball, giving Siemian PA pass opportunities, which certainly is making him look better than he was last season. With Dareus out, we likely will give up a few more yards on the ground than we have been. Collectively, their group of TE's are getting the 3rd most targets on the team...which we obviously struggle defending. No Glenn today, too, so...ugh. If this game was in Denver, I'd bet they'd roll us for at least 32 points! As it is, I'm totally expecting a 10-14 point loss at home. 

2 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Had to change the channel for that anthem. So disappointed in the team. Want to see a player hold a flag above his head and protest the protesters

I am not a mod so this can't be an official warning, but keep that stuff off of here. It is against forums rules. 

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

I am not a mod so this can't be an official warning, but keep that stuff off of here. It is against forums rules. 

At this point it unfortnately goes hand and hand with football. Havent seen one football preshow not talking about it. Hard to talk about whats going on before the game when thats all its being talked about. 

Our offense sucks so freaking much.... ughhh

Archived