One month till draft

Gibster16226

After seeing what we signed in free agency , it appears that we really dont have a glaring need , with that being said,  it would not surprise me if we grab a running back at pick 49 ,  there are like 6 really good ones in this years draft and I could see at least one if not more are sitting there at 49 !!   Connor is  hurt all the time , benny,  verdict is still  out on him and Samuel's more a 3rd down back , so another great runner isnt gonna hurt in case connor goes down again!!😀

Edited by Gibster16226

35 minutes ago, Gibster16226 said:

After seeing what we signed in free agency , it appears that we really dont have a glaring need , with that being said,  it would not surprise me if we grab a running back at pick 49 ,  there are like 6 really good ones in this years draft and I could see at least one if not more are sitting there at 49 !!   Connor is  hurt all the time , benny,  verdict is still  out on him and Samuel's more a 3rd down back , so another great runner isnt gonna hurt in case connor goes down again!!😀

I would argue that S is our biggest need right now.  We are one snap away from Dangerfield or Allen being on the backend.  Very scary.

I have been pounding the table for a RB at 49 for weeks now. Swift, Taylor, Akers, CEH, and Dobbins could potentially all still be on the board (not all of them, but each one has a realistic chance at being there). I’m starting to think Taylor and maybe Dobbins both go ahead of Swift causing him to drop a little.

I am warming up to the thought of taking Antoine Winfield Jr if he’s there. Our safety situation will be interesting next year and Winfield is very versatile and would allow us to move Minkah and Edmunds around more and give us much needed depth. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Edmunds be more of a SS/ILB hybrid next year. Edmunds could Barron’s replacement.

I’m also a fan of drafting a stud OG/C to sure up our O-Line for the future. Cushenberry and Ruiz are my two favorites.

So my thoughts are it will he RB, IOL, or Safety at 49. Wouldn’t be shocked with a receiver either but I’m personally ok with our receivers after signing Ebron. My prediction is that this draft will he used to sure up the trenches and running game. 

My personal wish list:
1. Deandre Swift

2. Jonathan Taylor

3. Winfield Jr.

4. Cushenberry 

5. Akers/Dobbins

Edited by bigben07MVP
  • Like 1

You make a fair and realistic point. This was discussed at great length in a previous thread or two. With how the offseason has fallen, this could be a very realistic possibility for the Steelers. To your point, if one of the following players are there and some other players come off the boards, you would have to strongly consider drafting one of these guys:

D'Andre Swift                           

Jonathan Taylor                       

JK Dobbins                             

AJ Dillion

Cam Aikers

Clyde Edwards-Helaire

I am expecting us to sign a safety at any point here to make my arguements moot, but S has to be addressed at this point.

There are only 4 guys that make sense... McKinney, Delpit (both gone), Winfield and Davis.

I think you also have to think about ILB's Queen or Murray if they fall.

I'd love Swift as a UGA fan, and Taylor would be a game changer for us.

My top 5 TODAY would be (at #49):

1) Antoine Winfield

2) De'Andre Swift

3) Jonathan Taylor

4) Ashtyn Davis

5) BPA non position of need/trade down