Sign in to follow this  
Bobby816

Get to know Bobby816

Being the MOD I'll just start by stating a few things about myself and you guys can ask away from there.

I was born and raise on Long Island and moved to Texas at 13 years old bc my Dad's job brought us here. I now work at the same place my Dad works at and have been here for 16 years now working for the US Government.

Oddly my wife (been married 6+ years) is also from NY (Saratoga Springs) and she moved down here after she finished college to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader, which she did for a few years and then stopped to get a real job. We met through mutual friends and hit it off from there. She works at a big financial company down here now.

We have 2 kids a 19 month old girl and a 3 week old boy. So my life is pretty busy these days.

I became a Jets fan from my Grandfather. My Dad is actually a Raiders fan for some reason.

I played pretty much every sport growing up traveling all over the US for different tournaments. Ultimately by the time I was 16 I decided to just stick with football and baseball hoping I could have a future in hopefully one of the two. Football and Baseball are on a whole other level down here in Texas. And the high school I went to (Southlake Carroll) is a well known powerhouse in all sports. So it was an eye opener when I moved here. I was a starting LB and backup QB (starting QB was WAY better than me and was a top QB in the nation, still one of my good buddies). But Baseball was really where I was good (I was a switch hitting catcher). Which ultimately got me a scholarship to play baseball at several schools. I decided to stay in Texas and had a bunch of friends that were going to the school and went to Texas Tech (I wish I went a different route looking back). From then on I spent most my time injured all doing non baseball activities. I've torn my ACL twice playing football and shattered my wrist in this time (car accident). But still had fun playing baseball for the few years there. This ultimately led to me not playing baseball anymore, which coincidentally was when my Dad wanted me try and get hired at his work, now that he knew my dream of baseball was done. So I did.

My 1st name isn't Bobby. I didn't choose to put my real name awhile back as my username so "Bobby" is actually for the Waterboy... Hahaha!!! The 8 and 16 are my favorite numbers.

So your wife must be a babe.

I was a catcher too, best position!

Any pro athletes from your high school?

9 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

So your wife must be a babe.

I was a catcher too, best position!

Any pro athletes from your high school?

I really loved playing catcher. My coach didn't move me there until my sophomore year to make varsity. A was a SS before then and loved the move to catcher. Always in the action.

There's a few that you guys might know... Chase Daniel, Scott Chandler, Garrett Hartley, Kris Brown, Greg McElroy. The current QB there is going to be the best to ever come out of there. I believe he's already the top recruit of the 2022 class. Remember the name Quinn Ewers... as a sophomore he threw for 4,00yds 45 TDs and rushed for 570yds and 9 TDs last season.

Being from Texas, how many Jets game do you get to a year?

Given that you have a wife and kids do you use your Sunday’s to “escape” by watching the games with friends at a bar or man cave, watch with your family, etc? 

Who was your favorite Jets player growing up (1 offense, 1 defense) and favorite player not on the Jets?

7 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Being from Texas, how many Jets game do you get to a year?

Given that you have a wife and kids do you use your Sunday’s to “escape” by watching the games with friends at a bar or man cave, watch with your family, etc? 

Who was your favorite Jets player growing up (1 offense, 1 defense) and favorite player not on the Jets?

I only get to a Jets game about every other year these days. We go back to NY 2-3 times a year, but it's crazy with seeing family and all to get time just to ourselves to do stuff we would like to do.

Honestly it depends. Me and my buddies for sure gather for games quite a bit (they're all Cowboy fans really). Sometimes I just watch from home while doing crap around the house. But 90% of Sundays we go to my parents for dinner. So I normally watch the early game at home, at a friends or at a bar and then come home and go over there after. My wife kinda got burnt out of football after her cheerleading days, so she can careless about football (kinda balances out bc I can careless about The Bachelor ;)), my wife and our group of friends wives are pretty awesome and kinda let us have a few beers watch the games while they talk about whatever and watch the kids. Also College Football here in Texas is arguably bigger than NFL. So we pretty much do the same things on Saturdays during the season as well (minus going to my parents for dinner).

When I was really young it was Al Toon and Marc Gastineau (my grandfather loved him). As I got older (meaning my teenage years I loved Keyshawn Johnson and Mo Lewis.

My fav non Jets now are... Julio Jones and Bobby Wagner (He plays like how I wish I could when I played lol).

Somehow, I just assumed your real name was Bobby. Crazy. 

What's the hardest part of being a MOD?

41 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Somehow, I just assumed your real name was Bobby. Crazy. 

What's the hardest part of being a MOD?

It’s a breeze. Most of it is deleting posts where they’re not supposed to go, deleting threads that are useless or already a topic, etc.

Feel like I should also mention I’m a Disney Freak. Have a Disney Instagram account with over 37k followers. I’m an AP holder and go like 5 times a year.

22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s a breeze. Most of it is deleting posts where they’re not supposed to go, deleting threads that are useless or already a topic, etc.

How many people have you banned? How many would you like to ban?

4 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

How many people have you banned? How many would you like to ban?

I’ve banned zero and would like to ban zero. I love hearing everyone’s different opinions on here. I’ve got into it with a few in here myself, but no hard feelings. It'd be a very boring forum if everyone agreed. So while I strongly disagree with others opinions on here... I love hearing them. 

10 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Chinese or Italian?

This is going over my head. Must be missing the pun here.

48 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

This is going over my head. Must be missing the pun here.

Think it is a reference to which food you prefer.

Favorite Baseball team?  Should Pete Rose be in the HOF?

32 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Think it is a reference to which food you prefer.

Favorite Baseball team?  Should Pete Rose be in the HOF?

I prefer Italian. But Japanese Hibachi is my favorite food and that’s close to Chinese 😉

My fav sports teams are NY Jets, NY Yankees, NY Knicks, NY Islanders, Bayern Munich and Texas Tech teams.

Yes I think all the players held out for PEDs should be in as well.