FFMD II - Redskins War Room - OTC!!!!

Ghostnote

18 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Baker got him killed early last year. He’s a physical freak, could see him being a breakout candidate

Baker isn’t that good. Well, not as good as he thinks he is. I think O’Dell found that out last year. 

I definitely agree that if/when Njoku gets traded away from CLE that he will break out for his new team w/ possibly 60-70 catches, 700-750 yds & 6 to 8 TDs.

Basically, he can be a better/more athletic version of what Hooper was last year and cost us $5-8 million less this year. If we could get that back for Trent that would be awesome.

Edited by turtle28

On 3/28/2020 at 3:08 PM, turtle28 said:

Baker isn’t that good. Well, not as good as he thinks he is. I think O’Dell found that out last year. 

I definitely agree that if/when Njoku gets traded away from CLE that he will break out for his new team w/ possibly 60-70 catches, 700-750 yds & 6 to 8 TDs.

Basically, he can be a better/more athletic version of what Hooper was last year and cost us $5-8 million less this year. If we could get that back for Trent that would be awesome.

Not saying that he's Pat Maholms...but He won 2 State Championships in HS, Walked on at Texas Tech and Started as Freshman, winning the Big 12 Freshman of the year Honors and breaking multiple freshman records at Texas Tech. Left there and Walked on at Oklahoma, breaking numerous records there, earning conf and national honors, including the Heisman, lastly was the #1 pick in the draft and broke the NFL's all time rookie TD mark for QB's in 13 games.......he had a soph slump his 2nd year in the Pro's and that SINGLE year all of a sudden makes him, "not that good"? In your opinion what makes him not good?

You complete the sentence with "At least not as good as he thinks he is": Can you clarify what that means? Odell had another 1000 yard receiving season, while playing injured, with a 2nd year QB who was going through a Soph slump, for a HC who was not ready for the Position AND still called his own plays...... so not sure how O'dell found "That" out last year?

This is not to be argumentative, this is simply asking for a dialog about clarification of the statements made?

and I have no idea, why there is a mindset in here that Trent Williams for David Njoku, make sense for anyone except the Redskins. It reminds me of reading some of the trade idea's in here, where I saw the suggestion of trading Quentin Dunbar and a 4th to Atlanta for Julio Jones....

afro-shaking-head-no.gif

4 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Not saying that he's Pat Maholms...but He won 2 State Championships in HS, Walked on at Texas Tech and Started as Freshman, winning the Big 12 Freshman of the year Honors and breaking multiple freshman records at Texas Tech. Left there and Walked on at Oklahoma, breaking numerous records there, earning conf and national honors, including the Heisman, lastly was the #1 pick in the draft and broke the NFL's all time rookie TD mark for QB's in 13 games.......he had a soph slump his 2nd year in the Pro's and that SINGLE year all of a sudden makes him, "not that good"? In your opinion what makes him not good?

You complete the sentence with "At least not as good as he thinks he is": Can you clarify what that means? Odell had another 1000 yard receiving season, while playing injured, with a 2nd year QB who was going through a Soph slump, for a HC who was not ready for the Position AND still called his own plays...... so not sure how O'dell found "That" out last year?

This is not to be argumentative, this is simply asking for a dialog about clarification of the statements made?

and I have no idea, why there is a mindset in here that Trent Williams for David Njoku, make sense for anyone except the Redskins. It reminds me of reading some of the trade idea's in here, where I saw the suggestion of trading Quentin Dunbar and a 4th to Atlanta for Julio Jones....

afro-shaking-head-no.gif

We’re talking about the pros. Sorry, I've always thought he was good, not sure if he’ll ever be elite and I didn't think he should’ve gone #1 overall over Darnold.

Also, my biggest Gripe w/ Baker is that he's an a-hole! I hate people like him with every fiber of my being. He's the type that definitely thinks his ish don't stink and again thinks he's better than he is.

I do give him credit for being humble after the season in some of the stuff he said. I forget how he put it, but it was clear he was reflecting back and thinking bc he got his former QB coach to be the HC and that they had added Odell to their O that it was more or less going to be easy for them last year, he clearly bought into and even promoted the preseason hype for the Browns to be contenders. 

So, at least he reflected on that and realized that he didn't pay attention to the details and other things as much as he should or however he said it. Maybe last year will cause him to mature and grow up some and be humble, it seemed in what he said after the season that last year may have humbled him, but proof will be in the pudding.

Edited by turtle28

MODERATOR'S NOTE

I hate to be THAT guy, but this thread is for discussion by the Redskins posters here for FFMD. If you're not a Redskins poster, please refrain from making posts here unless you're coming to make an offer in FFMD

Also - unless we're drafting or trading for Baker Mayfield, let's stop with the back and forth about him and focus on the task at hand, please.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2020 at 5:06 PM, Thaiphoon said:

MODERATOR'S NOTE

I hate to be THAT guy, but this thread is for discussion by the Redskins posters here for FFMD. If you're not a Redskins poster, please refrain from making posts here unless you're coming to make an offer in FFMD

Also - unless we're drafting or trading for Baker Mayfield, let's stop with the back and forth about him and focus on the task at hand, please.

I’m thankful for that post. Thanks Thai

• Like 1

So I have received a couple of inquiries. 

Trent Williams. This leads me to who are suggesting to put on the Trade Block? 

#2 Pick. Is there any one who feels we should give up the #2 pick? I can tell you that a team in the top 10 has inquired about the pick which is why I am asking. 

8 minutes ago, mike23md said:

#2 Pick. Is there any one who feels we should give up the #2 pick? I can tell you that a team in the top 10 has inquired about the pick which is why I am asking. 

Put it on the block and see what sort of offers people will give. I'm inclined to stick and take Chase, but you could sell me on moving down a few spots for the right deal.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mike23md said:

No reason not to see what is offered, but I doubt it will be enough.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Always at least listen to any offer. You never know what they come up with

So the Browns and Dolphins have both inquired about Trent. I at least want a base value. Late 1st, mid 2nd, late 2nd, etc...DM me with your responses to not give it away here. 

Would like to get some feedback on Trent Williams and potentially Ryan Kerrigan. Have some inquiries. Just want to know what the forum is doing or wants to do. But the draft starts tomorrow, so I need to be aligning this stuff today.