Eagles sign CB Nickell Robey-Coleman

RaidersAreOne

23 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

I was thinking maybe they would go with an extremely offense heavy draft but the secondary still does not have any long term fixes you can count on. There is nothing at LB and you can always add to the D-line. DE could be an underrated need here soon. Graham is getting up there and Barnett is pretty average. I think they really missed Chris Long last year, having that third DE who could get after the QB was such a key piece during the SB run.                               

Secondary guys who play well will get extended. Howie stated publicly they want to bring in long term guys. That's what these guys are if they earn it. There's a lot of youth there to be here long term. NRC is 28, Parks and Mills are 25. Slay is here for at least 2 years, McLeod is here for 2 more years. Maddox isn't a UFA until 2022 and is 23 years old and is a prime candidate for extension. Sidney Jones is 23 and will only be a RFA in 2021. The guys are here, they just have to earn it. I think they'll play well and you'll see some extensions and re-signings. I think they like Gerry and Edwards A LOT. And honestly I like them both too. But I do think that unit could use an upgrade. Agreed on DL but Sweat showed me a lot, and I think Avery is gonna ball out. Both young potential long term pieces. I think Barnett is a very solid DE who will be here for at least two more years.

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Secondary guys who play well will get extended. Howie stated publicly they want to bring in long term guys. That's what these guys are if they earn it. There's a lot of youth there to be here long term. NRC is 28, Parks and Mills are 25. Slay is here for at least 2 years, McLeod is here for 2 more years. Maddox isn't a UFA until 2022 and is 23 years old and is a prime candidate for extension. Sidney Jones is 23 and will only be a RFA in 2021. The guys are here, they just have to earn it. I think they'll play well and you'll see some extensions and re-signings. I think they like Gerry and Edwards A LOT. And honestly I like them both too. But I do think that unit could use an upgrade. Agreed on DL but Sweat showed me a lot, and I think Avery is gonna ball out. Both young potential long term pieces. I think Barnett is a very solid DE who will be here for at least two more years.

Certainly, they have young guys who could be long term pieces if they are good. Being realistic though, no one has shown or has given me faith that they are above-average in the secondary other than Slay and he isn't young. 

9 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Certainly, they have young guys who could be long term pieces if they are good. Being realistic though, no one has shown or has given me faith that they are above-average in the secondary other than Slay and he isn't young. 

I think Maddox is a guy you can hang your hat on as an above average guy. NRC also has a proven track record of being above average in the slot. I forgot LeBlanc, I think he's another above average slot CB and he's young.

34 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think Maddox is a guy you can hang your hat on as an above average guy. NRC also has a proven track record of being above average in the slot. I forgot LeBlanc, I think he's another above average slot CB and he's young.

I do like Maddox but he didn't build much on a promising rookie campaign. Really like LeBlanc, guy has played great when he has been in there(which isn't a ton) but I was mainly referring to outside corners and safety. Somehow this team can always find solid slot CBs. 

Edited by EAGLES3658

1 hour ago, EAGLES3658 said:

I do like Maddox but he didn't build much on a promising rookie campaign. Really like LeBlanc, guy has played great when he has been in there(which isn't a ton) but I was mainly referring to outside corners and safety. Somehow this team can always find solid slot CBs. 

Eehhh Maddox had that vicious hit so I'm not really gonna hold anything against him from this past season. Just comes down to how good you feel about Maddox outside. I think the team likes him there and so do I. I firmly believe that we will be drafting a CB high as well. Gladney, Fulton, Terrell, someone in that tier.

• 3 weeks later...