Eagles sign CB Nickell Robey-Coleman

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

He's 5'7" and change. 

He has SMS in Sports (Small Man Syndrome) therefore goes full Rudy and can actually defend, even at his size!!  I'll take any upgrade at the moment. 🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

He has SMS in Sports (Small Man Syndrome) therefore goes full Rudy and can actually defend, even at his size!!  I'll take any upgrade at the moment. 🍺

Sounds like he's a solid slot CB, but I have a feeling he'll get picked on by taller quality slot WR's. 5'7"/5'8" is freaking short.

Edited by Jeezla

Surprised they went with another slot, LeBlanc/Maddox seemed fine. 

I will say Schwartz and the coaching staff realized they need more twitchy CBs vs big, tall (not as twitchy) CBs to match up vs the quick passing game the DL will be faced with. Too bad the height differential will play a part unless he's riding with some 2 high safety looks. 4-2-5 

1 hour ago, DeJack_10 said:

Many forget Josh Sweat. Really looking forward to see how he progresses next year.

Curious to also see the role Malik Jackson will play in.

Yes I really like Josh Sweat. Funny you mention him, I just finished up watching all of his snaps from last season on NFL Game Pass. He's really progressing very nicely. And yes of course Malik, very intrigued by him.

33 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Very pleased to read this. Avonte will be a good CB2. Really pumped about our secondary man. Also really excited to see what Jones has after his off season training.

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Wow didn't expect this. We suddenly have CB's now. Better too many bodies than not enough. Bring in talent and let them all fight it out.

But most importantly, he is not 29 so this move is @ninjapirate approved

his mother had the foresight to name him after his future position so he is welcome at all ages

30 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

So this seems like a move to shore up the secondary enough in case howie doesnt get to address it in the draft. 

He's gonna have to draft 5 WR's to have a shot at landing a decent one. 

I like how there are numerous secondary players that can play several positions:

Mills - outside corner, nickel, safety

Maddox - outside corner, nickel, safety

Robey-Coleman - outside corner, nickel 

Parks - nickel, safety

Jones - outside corner, nickel 

Whether they can do it effectively is the question lol. I hope that Schwartz has Slay follow the #1 target while mix and matching the rest of the players to keep our scheme less predictable. 

27 minutes ago, Jlash said:

He's gonna have to draft 5 WR's to have a shot at landing a decent one. 

if only Jim was smart enough to change up who covers who alot because of the versatility

hard to think of changing coverages while cox and hargrave are on you in seconds.

Edited by ninjapirate
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

if only Jim was smart enough to change up who covers who alot because of the versatility

hard to think of changing coverages while cox and hargrave are on you in seconds.

Some zone blitzes and such...would be cool 

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

So this seems like a move to shore up the secondary enough in case howie doesnt get to address it in the draft. 

Smart approach.  Allows them to concentrate on drafting other area's Unless BPA is so overwhelming,  they can't pass.

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Smart approach.  Allows them to concentrate on drafting other area's Unless BPA is so overwhelming,  they can't pass.

I was thinking maybe they would go with an extremely offense heavy draft but the secondary still does not have any long term fixes you can count on. There is nothing at LB and you can always add to the D-line. DE could be an underrated need here soon. Graham is getting up there and Barnett is pretty average. I think they really missed Chris Long last year, having that third DE who could get after the QB was such a key piece during the SB run.