Bears sign OL Germain Ifedi

AZBearsFan

I ripped Seattle for this draft pick.  I knew he would be a bust at OT.  He had bad feet.  No one can play OT with bad feet.

But I thought he could have played guard.  Not sure if anyone ever put him there.  I am sure that is what Bears have in mind.

• Like 1

Just now, dll2000 said:

I ripped Seattle for this draft pick.  I knew he would be a bust at OT.  He had bad feet.  No one can play OT with bad feet.

But I thought he could have played guard.  Not sure if anyone ever put him there.  I am sure that is what Bears have in mind.

That English dude who is a big Seahawks fan and semi-famous blogger/pod caster - can't remember his name and I got into on net somewhere.  Maybe Twitter.   

He defends every Seattle move and loves Pete Carroll.  Haven't looked for him for over a year though.  Not sure if he is still around.  Good guy.  Good listen and read.  

He can’t play RT. He isn’t athletic enough, hence the holding calls and false starts. He is constantly trying to catch up.

Let him battle at OG with a draft pick and Coward and Bars.

26 and there have been plenty of OT busts who have had very good 2nd careers at OG. Ereck Flowers was an epic bust at OT. Now he is a 10/year OG.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

The comments from that tweet from Seahawks fans are... uninspiring. I believe he’s been a tackle in Seattle but even his draft profile said he might be best at guard. Has he ever actually played guard? 

He reminds me of that guy we had a few years ago who played OG before we drafted Long.  Can't recall his name right now but he's was still kicking around a year or two ago.

I figured we'd sign a vet OL at some point in time even if it was after the draft.  Ifedi is a former 1st round pick so he fits a pattern we often seen from Pace where he'll sign former high round picks in FA hoping that they might resurrect their careers.  I suppose the thinking is if the guy was once thought highly enough of to make him a 1st round pick he must have some talent.  Maybe we can get it out of him.

If he was still available now it's pretty obvious he's not exactly on anyone "A" list so he's a vet who has played OT and may be able to play OG.  Competition for Bars, Coward, and whoever we may draft I suppose.

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

The comments from that tweet from Seahawks fans are... uninspiring. I believe he’s been a tackle in Seattle but even his draft profile said he might be best at guard. Has he ever actually played guard? 

I think so. I'll have to look that up, though. 

8 minutes ago, soulman said:

He reminds me of that guy we had a few years ago who played OG before we drafted Long.  Can't recall his name right now but he's was still kicking around a year or two ago.

I figured we'd sign a vet OL at some point in time even if it was after the draft.  Ifedi is a former 1st round pick so he fits a pattern we often seen from Pace where he'll sign former high round picks in FA hoping that they might resurrect their careers.  I suppose the thinking is if the guy was once thought highly enough of to make him a 1st round pick he must have some talent.  Maybe we can get it out of him.

If he was still available now it's pretty obvious he's not exactly on anyone "A" list so he's a vet who has played OT and may be able to play OG.  Competition for Bars, Coward, and whoever we may draft I suppose.

I legitimately can't think of who you're talking about. I like to think of myself as a draft historian but I can't remember any OL that the Bears drafted in or around the time before Long besides Chris Williams and Gabe Carimi (and Webb *barf*).

Just now, beardown3231 said:

I legitimately can't think of who you're talking about. I like to think of myself as a draft historian but I can't remember any OL that the Bears drafted in or around the time before Long besides Chris Williams and Gabe Carimi (and Webb *barf*).

It was a free agent, I think . Can't remember exactly who either, though.