Jets sign LB Patrick Onwuasor

.Buzz

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Nah. We're good.

Are you sure you don’t want to send us a 5th? We’ll wrap him up in gold paper.

All kidding aside. He’s a great locker room guy and a solid player. I’m hoping we keep him but would understand if we trade him. 

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Are you sure you don’t want to send us a 5th? We’ll wrap him up in gold paper.

All kidding aside. He’s a great locker room guy and a solid player. I’m hoping we keep him but would understand if we trade him. 

The Rams don't do 5ths. Our next available 5th is in 2022 lol.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

You already shed the one we sent for Peters?

We sent it to Miami with Talib. We don't do 5ths. Snead must think they're emitting nuclear radiation lol. He refuses to touch them until draft day.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Bianconero said:

Actually?

Right? The Jets have a very strong defense. They could be a top-5 unit if Mosely plays up to the caliber he did while healthy last year.

That offense, tho? Eeeeeekkkk. Their WR core is awful and their o-line still looks incredibly weak.

I understand not wanting to spend big in FA, but Darnold is in his third season. The whole building through the draft is wise, but Darnold needs help now. Perhaps Gase as HC scares a lot of potential FAs away?

If the Jets waste another year struggling to reach 8 wins, then Gase may be gone, and Darnold has to learn another playbook. Is there a young starting QB thrown into a worse situation? Weak WRs, bad O-line, and Adam ******* Gase as the HC...yikes.  Plus their owner sucks...

Edited by WizeGuy

41 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Right? The Jets have a very strong defense. They could be a top-5 unit if Mosely plays up to the caliber he did while healthy last year.

That offense, tho? Eeeeeekkkk. Their WR core is awful and their o-line still looks incredibly weak.

I understand not wanting to spend big in FA, but Darnold is in his third season. The whole building through the draft is wise, but Darnold needs help now. Perhaps Gase as HC scares a lot of potential FAs away?

If the Jets waste another year struggling to reach 8 wins, then Gase may be gone, and Darnold has to learn another playbook. Is there a young starting QB thrown into a worse situation? Weak WRs, bad O-line, and Adam ******* Gase as the HC...yikes.  Plus their owner sucks...

Last year we were used a lot in negotiations with players using the Jets to get more from other teams.  Joe Douglas just operates differently than Maccagnan. He sets a value to players and isn't spending huge amounts for average talent, which is what this FA has been. Average players getting big money like every FA.

He has been quietly improving the depth of the team and I see more moves being made. The Jets absolutely are going to go OL and WR in this draft, that is where they hopefully make the substantial improvements.

Defensively we are still weak with edge rush and our CBs are meh.  Our run defense could be elite again, we have a lot of studs on the IDL and studs at safety.