Jets sign former Baltimore Raven LB Patrick Onwuasor

jetskid007

I like this move, especially how decimated our LB core was last year. Onwuasor was highly rated by PFF all 3 seasons prior to last. Many attributed his decent to Mosley leaving. Former SS with playmaking ability. 

The camp competition at LB and OL are going to be glorious. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Gonna assume we’re moving Williamson

The Jets don't have any pressure to right now. Unlike Roberts, there's no date we have to worry about where his contract becomes guaranteed or he's due a roster bonus. Like Winters, they don't need the cap room and none of their salaries are due until week 1. What's the urgency to cut him? 

Hopefully they can trade him, but absent that it may be a full out competition in camp

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Gonna assume we’re moving Williamson

I think that's the case. I didn't want to because I really like him, but we still looked solid when he went down. We resigned his replacements + added another former starter. the timing of it makes me believe we're making space for someone. 

What my Ravens fan friend had to say about "Peanut":

He was so bad last year as an every down LB that his play pretty much led them to signing Bynes and Fort after 4 games, those guys immediately saw more play than him and were a substantial upgrade.

He was better when he was playing with Mosley so there is a good chance he is at least decent for the Jets.

1 minute ago, dcat said:

What my Ravens fan friend had to say about "Peanut":

He was so bad last year as an every down LB that his play pretty much led them to signing Bynes and Fort after 4 games, those guys immediately saw more play than him and were a substantial upgrade.

He was better when he was playing with Mosley so there is a good chance he is at least decent for the Jets.

They switched him to Mike linebacker, he’s not that. He’s a natural Will. GW will move him around and let him make players. I think he’ll be heavily favored over anyone not named Mosley or Williamson. 

• Like 1