"Social Distancing" GM Mock Draft (ongoing)

MikeT14

Figured I'd update my "mock offseason" for you all in the social distancing mock going on here:

Moves made:

Traded Trent Williams and my 7th rounder Pick 217 to the Broncos for Garrett Bolles, Round 3 Pick 77 and Round 6 Pick 204 - Basically swapped back the picks from the Case Keenum trade, gained a 3rd, and gained a guy that can be competent at LT. 

Traded Ryan Kerrigan and my 7th rounder pick 230 to the Bucs for OJ Howard and a Round 4 Pick 117. 

Traded Trey Quinn for a 6th Rounder Pick 204 from the Saints

Did the IRL swaps for QD and Kyle Allen

Chase Young, EDGE, Ohio State Round 1 Pick 2
Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn

Round 3 Pick 66

Cameron Dantzler, CB, Miss S Round 3 Pick 77 ( lost Trent Williams gained Garrett Bolles)

Adam Trautman - TE -Round 4 Pick 108

KJ Hill, WR, Ohio State Round 4 Pick 117 (Also gained OJ Howard)

Joe Bachie - ILB - Michigan State - Round 4 Pick 142
Round 5 Pick 162 (QD)
Round 6 Pick 182 (Trent Williams)
Round 6 Pick 204 (Trey Quinn)
Round 7 Pick 217 (Gone, OJ Howard Ryan Kerrigan trade)
Round 7 Pick 230 (Gone Trent)
Round 5 Pick 148 went to CAR for Kyle Allen

I’m alright with that Trent trade and I would love that Kerrigan trade but that would never happen.

they aren’t gonna trade Howard after just signing Brady. And Howard would also be worth a 2nd rounder IMO

no way we turn Ryan Kerrigan into OJ Howard and a 4th. That’s a Kings ransom for us

and if we got bolles I would have a a competition with Bolles, Christian, and Lucas. Best man wins, so I wouldn’t go LT in the 3rd, prob target that next year if none of the 3 price they can hold the job

• Like 1

I’d rather see Gerron Christian play then Bolles and no, that’s not a joke. Bolles hasn’t been good. There’s no reason to trade for him.

I don’t think Kerrigan is going to get traded and I see no reason to trade Quinn who’s at worst a reliable back up slot receiver and return man.

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Why did you go OT again in the 3rd after picking up Bolles?

In case it doesn't work out. And that OT needs to develop as our future swing or eventual Moses replacement. And Christian stinks. I'm trying to dump him for a pick.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’d rather see Gerron Christian play then Bolles and no, that’s not a joke. Bolles hasn’t been good. There’s no reason to trade for him.

I disagree so wholeheartedly with this. He's not great, no. But he'd be the best LT we have despite whatever you want to say about Christian. Bolles big issue is penalties more than giving up sacks or anything like that. It might be correctable. 

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/garett-bolles/11775

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

In case it doesn't work out. And that OT needs to develop as our future swing or eventual Moses replacement. And Christian stinks. I'm trying to dump him for a pick.

Christian hasn’t really had a chance to play though.

• Like 1

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Christian hasn’t really had a chance to play though.

I still think that if they didn't want to give him his shot last year, they knew. Or I guess he had it in training camp some. I'm willing to cut bait. I can also let Moses walk after 2022 or move on after next season.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I still think that if they didn't want to give him his shot last year, they knew. Or I guess he had it in training camp some. I'm willing to cut bait. I can also let Moses walk after 2022 or move on after next season.

I think it was more Gruden and Bruce couldn't afford to roll the dice on him.  Why not give him a shot this year?  We invested a 3rd in him.  If he blows through preseason and a couple of games I'm sure we could just bring Penn in.  

• Like 1

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I think it was more Gruden and Bruce couldn't afford to roll the dice on him.  Why not give him a shot this year?  We invested a 3rd in him.  If he blows through preseason and a couple of games I'm sure we could just bring Penn in.  

Well Bolles takes that option in this scenario. IRL, sure, if that's how you want to roll. I'd rather try and find our future LT now as I doubt it is him.

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Well Bolles takes that option in this scenario. IRL, sure, if that's how you want to roll. I'd rather try and find our future LT now as I doubt it is him.

Even in your scenario we'd have Bolles, Christian, Lucas and Moses already on the roster.  Then you took a rookie.  We're going to carry 5 OTs? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I’m trying to move Christian. Or I can cut Lucas. 

Move Christian for what? Cut the OT we just signed who even if we traded for Bolles would still be our best run blocking OT and had the best season of Bolles, Christian or Moses last year.

Also, you do realize that Garrett Bolles is essentially the LT version if Morgan Moses right?

He's capable, but not competent.

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/john-elway-addresses-whether-denver-broncos-are-comfortable-with-garett-bolles-as-starter-in-2020

All in, Bolles finished the 2019 regular season as eighth-most penalized player in the NFL, based on accepted penalties. If you rank him simply based on the number of flags that were thrown (17), he finished second in the league behind only Houston's Laremy Tunsil.

Edited by turtle28

Fine with putting Bolles in there for a year. From what I understand, he’s more an issue with penalties (holding especially) than with getting beaten and getting the QB killed. 

Would be devastated if they passed on Pittman for a guy like Prince though. LTs are a lot like QBs — if no one likes them in the 1st round, odds are the flaws are too substantial for them to be more than a hope/project. Prince is another Geron Christian, a great athlete but you take him with knowledge that it will be a couple years until you can really consider making him the anchor of your OL. 

Pittman is going to be an excellent, highly reliable possession-type WR in the league for a long time. He’s the perfect complement to Terry and Sims. I’m thrilled that he made it to us in this mock — I don’t think it’ll happen in real life, but I sure hope they don’t pass if he does. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Move Christian for what? Cut the OT we just signed who even if we traded for Bolles would still be our best run blocking OT and had the best season of Bolles, Christian or Moses last year.

Also, you do realize that Garrett Bolles is essentially the LT version if Morgan Moses right?

He's capable, but not competent.

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/john-elway-addresses-whether-denver-broncos-are-comfortable-with-garett-bolles-as-starter-in-2020

This is 100% another case of your rose colored shades helping you not be realistic if you think Bolles is worse than Lucas. 

• Like 1