"Social Distancing" GM Mock Draft (ongoing)

MikeT14

On 3/26/2020 at 7:53 AM, MikeT14 said:

This is 100% another case of your rose colored shades helping you not be realistic if you think Bolles is worse than Lucas. 

It’s true, different players. To be clear, I just said Lucas had a better season then Bolles last year bc he only gave up 1 sack and he’s a better run blocker, but it’s also true in that Bolles is a more talented LT.

Kind of telling though out of my entire post that that’s the only 1 thing that you have a disagreement about.

Edited by turtle28

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’s true, different players. To be clear, I just said Lucas had a better season then Bolles last year bc he only have up 1 sack and he’s a better run blocker, but it’s also true in that Bolles is a more talented LT.

Kind of telling though out of my entire post that that’s the only 1 thing that you have a disagreement about.

I acknowledged what I was trying to move for Christian in another post. 

And, I did say move Christian for what? I know you said you we're trying to move him. I just don't think it's possible, I guess maybe for a conditional 7th or something?

As Mknight said, Christian hasn't played, he's not even as valuable as he was on draft day probably. We really don't know how good or bad he is. He wasn't awful in spot duty last year for Moses, but I'm just not sure what you could get for him.

I think in the end if you added Bolles & another OT that you’d probably have to just end up cutting Christian, which is obviously fine bc as we can all agree it's not like he's shown he can be a starter or even a good back up swing OT yet.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Like trade him for a pick? I addressed that already. What pick?

Thats been my question the last few posts. I addressed that too but you didn’t answer it.

Okay this is going in circles. Dumping him for a pick is a day 3 pick.

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Okay this is going in circles. Dumping him for a pick is a day 3 pick.

It’s only going in circles bc you didn’t give me an answer instead you gave me a vague phrase that I’ve heard but I never really had it explained to me what it was until I finally pried from you.

I think we would only get a conditional 7th for him. As I said up above, he hasn’t proven that he could play or couldn’t yet, his value is less then it was when he was drafted by a lot.

We’d probably have to end up cutting him bc no one would trade for him in my honest opinion, and that’s fine bc as we all know he hasn’t proven he can play yet and we’d be getting a talented - even if he has been flawed - LT in Bolles.

On 3/25/2020 at 11:36 PM, e16bball said:

Fine with putting Bolles in there for a year. From what I understand, he’s more an issue with penalties (holding especially) than with getting beaten and getting the QB killed. 

Would be devastated if they passed on Pittman for a guy like Prince though. LTs are a lot like QBs — if no one likes them in the 1st round, odds are the flaws are too substantial for them to be more than a hope/project. Prince is another Geron Christian, a great athlete but you take him with knowledge that it will be a couple years until you can really consider making him the anchor of your OL. 

Pittman is going to be an excellent, highly reliable possession-type WR in the league for a long time. He’s the perfect complement to Terry and Sims. I’m thrilled that he made it to us in this mock — I don’t think it’ll happen in real life, but I sure hope they don’t pass if he does. 

So Pittman is like Kevin Harmon? Sounds like it to me. I’d love to get a back up for Harmon & someone to compete w/ Cam Sims for that spot.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

So Pittman is like Kevin Harmon? Sounds like it to me. I’d love to get a back up for Harmon & someone to compete w/ Cam Sims for that spot.

He’s like Kelvin Harmon, if Kelvin Harmon was bigger, faster, quicker, more explosive, and more productive. Pittman an upgraded version, so the goal would be making Kelvin Harmon a backup, not finding him one. I think he’d start from Day One. 

That said, I don’t think he’ll make it to us. NFL.com compares him to Courtland Sutton, which I think is a decent comp. He went #40 overall, and I think even in this ridiculous WR draft, Pittman will be gone in the first 50-60 picks. 

More and more, I think my entire 3rd tier of receivers will be gone by #66, which is leading me to feel like we may be better served waiting until the 4th to go WR. Which breaks my heart but seems the reality. 

26 minutes ago, e16bball said:

He’s like Kelvin Harmon, if Kelvin Harmon was bigger, faster, quicker, more explosive, and more productive. Pittman an upgraded version, so the goal would be making Kelvin Harmon a backup, not finding him one. I think he’d start from Day One. 

That said, I don’t think he’ll make it to us. NFL.com compares him to Courtland Sutton, which I think is a decent comp. He went #40 overall, and I think even in this ridiculous WR draft, Pittman will be gone in the first 50-60 picks. 

More and more, I think my entire 3rd tier of receivers will be gone by #66, which is leading me to feel like we may be better served waiting until the 4th to go WR. Which breaks my heart but seems the reality. 

Hope he makes it to us. I know he's a good player, but I think Harmon gets undersold in his abilities to make tough catches. He made a lot of them.

I hear ya on possibly having to wait till the 4th. It all depends on who the best player available is in the 3rd, it very well could be a WR, or a TE, or a defender we could use at LB or corner.

On 3/27/2020 at 4:09 PM, MikeT14 said:

Pittman went two picks after FWIW.

Just took KJ Hill in the 4th. Gandy Golden went the pick before me.

That's good, he's a possession WR too, but doesn't have the size, athleticism or upside that Pittman has. Still, Hill is a good pick.

Not to start an argument but it probably will, Trey Quinn is a better prospect then KJ Hill and Trey has flashed some in the pros already in a few games. 

Just saying. Trey was faster then KJ, tested as a better athlete at the combine and is bigger. They both have good hands. I mean there’s an argument to be made that by drafting KJ Hill that you just drafted a little lesser version of Trey Quinn in the 4th round. Another way to look at it is KJ Hill = Ryan Grant who you and many others loved to hate for some reason.

Edited by turtle28