XFL-to-NFL FA News (Tracker included)

HoboRocket

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Steelers treating the XFL like scratch off ticket. Playing the odds that 1 of 6 will hit! 💰

Since it's the Steelers, hopefully it's the long-snapper.

I am flabbergasted that Cam Phillips, Shawn Oakman, Storm Norton, and DE Anthony Johnson are still unsigned.

Oakman had one fantastic game, two good games, and two games where he was invisible, but he showed a very intriguing skill-set and this is his first time with pro coaching. He made an impact on the backfield, but lacks discipline and his motor seemed to run cold at times. But when he was on, he was on.

Anthony Johnson was very steady and contributed every week. He set the edge very well. His week with the Wildcats was fantastic and then he didn't miss a beat when he switch to the Defenders. His stats weren't great, but they were good and he made his presence felt on every snap. Was excellent at setting the edge and bullying tackles backwards. He was the only player who really beat Storm Norton all season. He also was the Defensive Team Captain for two teams. 

Storm Norton has serious upside and played very, very well for both Josh Johnson and Charles Kanoff. He got movement in the ground game and routinely stonewalled pass rushers. He showed the ability to win with length to counter rushes to the perimeter and flashed the ability to play the typewriter. He really reminded me of DJ Humphries. 

Don't need to add anything more about Cam Phillips, we've really spent a lot of time gushing about his ability.

Maybe some of those guys get added in late FA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Nobody likes Austin Proehl?

Now, Austin Proehl is in that same tier as Dan Williams. If they were in the NFL, their production would be similar to Christian Kirk, Randall Cobb, Devante Parker (pre-2019) type receivers. They have moments of greatness, but they didn't consistently show that they can be "the guy", because they were also invisible for long stretches. They both have the tools, IMO, but yeah.

I think Proehl could be like a poor-man's Kirk or Cobb as a pro if he continues to improve and get some seasoning.

Dan Williams reminds me a whole lot of Devante Parker with his size, athletic ability, crazy catches, and even moments where it just looks like he's not giving it 100%.

My guess is a team in need of WR depth that somehow missed out on this stellar and deep 2020 class nabs them after the draft, otherwise I'd guess that they'll stick with the XFL for another year.

The same applies to Nelson Spruce, who I think is a whole lot better than Williams and Proehl. I think of he gets a shot in the NFL he can be a Keenan Allen or Cooper Kupp type WR. His issue is that he's been hurt so often that I don't see a team taking him this year. Nick Holley is the same exact situation as Spruce, where he's just had so many injuries. He stayed healthy this year and looked excellent returning from multiple injuries, and played a hybrid RB/WR role for the Roughnecks. He probably stays another year with his medical history. Needs more time to show that those injuries are behind him and his body can hold up over the course of a season.

Edited by HoboRocket