BayRaider 2020 Semi-Final Version Mock Draft

BayRaider

32. Marlon Davidson IDL, Auburn
63. J.K. Dobbins RB, Ohio State
96. Cameron Dantzler CB, Mississippi State

Not bad. Better than average.

#32 Good position, wrong player. Both Gallimore and Madubuike are better fits. Blacklock would be my first choice, but he's gone.
#63 Excellent value, but the board is littered with OL and DB. The Chiefs have a speed RB. 
#96 Excellent value again. If you go CB with #63, Kareem, Trautman, Lemieux are all good.

J

I'm willing to bet the Pats won't take a QB in the first round, all you hear coming out of Foxboro is that the front office and coaching staff is in love with Stidham and they brought in Hoyer to serve as veteran backup/mentor. If Stidham blows this chance, Hoyer takes over, Pats tank and potentially get a shot at Trevor next year.

I'd say Belichick trading down is more likely...

Edited by silence22
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Jordon Love is a very, very good QB Prospect. Have you watched his film or just staring at his 20-17 statline? 

Watched combine and saw film. I also saw his competition.   Lets say he MIGHT have a shot to be a NFL QB. He would be a perfect fit for the Pats if TB was still there. He would be like Jimmy G.  learning while backing up Tom.  The Pats don't have that luxury now. They have to completely rebuild and get younger. They can't waste draft capital on a (IMO) a long shot.

BB  Will go with Stidham who played well last preseason.They have worked with him for a year and made no moves bringing in a veteran . Hoyer doesn't count, we know why he here. I'm talking Newton and Dalton and Bridgewater.  That tells me the have confidence in Stidham.

Lets say Stidman bombs they are right back to where they are now.  Love will do nothing next year bu but sit on someones  bench learning the game. You go to the next year with a higher draft pick or you go out with 120+ million and buy your next QB. EX Zak Prescott. 

There is only one reason I see the Pats taking him. They are sure they have the next star of the NFL. And that my friend is where we differ. You see it , I don't. You risk it, I don't.

Keep drafting, not sure if I mentioned it but awesome job putting draft material out there.

Raider side note   What do you think of Lynn Bowden. On of my favorite players in the draft. I can't believe he not getting any love. He a pure football player. I can see the Pats using him everywhere from QB to ST.  He like having four players in one! QB, WR ,PR and KR.

Edited by m haynes

Cleveland sends #41 to Washington for OT Trent Brown, 2021 Conditional 3rd Round Pick (downgraded to a 4th if Trent starts 14+ games), 2020 7th Round Pick

A) If the board falls this way, why wouldn't we just stay put and take I. Wilson instead of sending all those picks away AND paying $17-18 mil per year?

B) Why would the 2021 pick drop lower if he starts 14+ games? Shouldn't it theoretically go higher?

C) Pretty sure you meant Trent Williams, right?

BTW, the other Cleveland picks are solid.

Edited by mlucas12002

2 minutes ago, mlucas12002 said:

Cleveland sends #41 to Washington for OT Trent Brown, 2021 Conditional 3rd Round Pick (downgraded to a 4th if Trent starts 14+ games), 2020 7th Round Pick

A) If the board falls this way, why wouldn't we just stay put and take I. Wilson instead of sending all those picks away AND paying $17-18 mil per year?

B) Why would the 2021 pick drop lower if he starts 14+ games? Shouldn't it theoretically go higher?

C) Pretty sure you meant Trent Williams, right?

BTW, the other Cleveland picks are solid.

Why would it go higher when it’s the Skins giving the pick away? If he starts all his games, why would the Skins give up even more?

Really good Bengals draft.  I would think they would prefer Mims to Jefferson though, despite the history.  Mims projects perfectly to the outside opposite Green, whereas Jefferson is a better, unpolished version of Tyler Boyd.  Harrison is a great pick too.  If they don't go WR in the second, I would think OT is also on the table.

17 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Really good Bengals draft.  I would think they would prefer Mims to Jefferson though, despite the history.  Mims projects perfectly to the outside opposite Green, whereas Jefferson is a better, unpolished version of Tyler Boyd.  Harrison is a great pick too.  If they don't go WR in the second, I would think OT is also on the table.

Plus here is the list of WR the Bengals have under contract for 2021

Tyler Boyd
Auden Tate

That's it.  So WR is a bigger need than most think, even if the 2020 impact isn't as large.  Only thing that could really trump it in value are if one of Queen/Murray falls, or Josh Jones is there (or if they value Austin Jackson that highly).

18 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Edited to Semi Final Version. I’ll release one more 3-4 days before the draft. 

This was final,  you dedicated 8 hours to it and now that everyone shat on it,  you'll revise it?

Stick to your guns or don't man... 

Edited by big_palooka

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This was final,  you dedicated 8 hours to it and now that everyone shat on it,  you'll revise it?

Stick to your guns or don't man... 

Has nothing to do with that. A mock isn’t what I want to happen or what teams should do. It’s what I think will happen. 70% of teams fans are upset with their draft every year. 

I get the itch for another mock every day and that’s the reason I’ll do another one. And I found some more great fits like Blacklock to the Niners if they are willing to trade up. 

Edited by BayRaider

I don’t like OT at 4, but I think it’s going to happen. McKinney is insane value there. Let Akeem Davis-Gaither fall to us in third and give us that athletic LB were lacking and it’ll be a great 3 rounds. Will need an OC and edge. Ruiz and Baidiaz still on board so bound to get one in fourth. Wouldn’t hate it at all

On 3/26/2020 at 2:31 AM, BayRaider said:

@FalconFan13

Thanks for the kind words! Took a longgg time to write up and appreciate the feedback!

A few replies:

- AJ Terrell is gaining a lot of steam as a 1st Round selection and I feel he's a perfect fit for the Falcons.

- Baun I see as a pure 3-4 EDGE guy, not sure why you would want him. I know you guys play a bit of hybrid scheme but it's still a 4-3.

- Amik Robertson is a pure Nickel Corner in the NFL, not to be used on the outside. Terrell is your prototypical outside CB in the NFL.

1) AJ Terrell doens't have first round film and there's no pro days, so how is he rising up boards?

2) The Falcons run their SLB like a pure 3-4 EDGE guy who blitzes on third downs.

3) Falcons have outside corners in Sheffield and Oliver. they could use someone for the nickel. So Robertson actually would be a good pick.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

1) AJ Terrell doens't have first round film and there's no pro days, so how is he rising up boards?

2) The Falcons run their SLB like a pure 3-4 EDGE guy who blitzes on third downs.

3) Falcons have outside corners in Sheffield and Oliver. they could use someone for the nickel. So Robertson actually would be a good pick.

lol thats a scary thing me and Scar actually have the same mindset and ideas for the Falcons.  This is a rare treat for yall to see but i think it shows that we got the Falcons pegged down pretty good this year if it's blatant enough for both of us to be on the same page.   Also gonna lead to a easy  GM job in the FFMD because were gonna be tackling this badboy with similar players and positions we think we need.