BayRaider 2020 Semi-Final Version Mock Draft

BayRaider

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

Our OL already has about 30% of our cap space allocated to it. I’m all for OL depth, but not at the expense of starters at other positions. Also, we need a CB that can play outside. 

I appreciate the effort though! 

At the expense of starters at other positions? What starters exactly are there in the 3rd Round? You can argue Michael Pittman Jr. but I see him as more of a WR4 in the NFL. 

Also, all of the outside CBs went in the Top 2 Rounds and none were worth taking at Pick 19. I’m not reaching because of need.

29 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Not really digging the OL picks. Too early for that IMO. 

I wouldn’t mind spending 91 or 121 on a future starting G or LT/swing tackle if we’ve deemed Parker incapable of being able to hold down the fort if Miller gets dinged up, but We just paid Sharpe 2M+ and Parker can always move to Backup G, along with Kush.... so to spend 2 3rds on the OL for backups when outside CB and SAM are vacant.... it’s bizarre to me.  And to call Prince a “monster”.... come on when will the hyperboles end?  The guy struggles to keep his feet moving in the run game!  There’s a reason he slid from 1st rounder to 3rd.... he got exposed this year.  He has tremendous bust potential.

I like Robertson but he’s very small and slot CB isn’t that big a need with Joyner, Lawson, Nixon, Nelson (I think he gets a 2nd chance) plus DJ Killings, Jordan Brown when we only have Mullen, Apple, Johnson, Crowley, and Mabin on the outside.  An outside corner is what we need not slot CB

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I wouldn’t mind spending 91 or 121 on a future starting G or LT/swing tackle if we’ve deemed Parker incapable of being able to hold down the fort if Miller gets dinged up, but We just paid Sharpe 2M+ and Parker can always move to Backup G, along with Kush.... so to spend 2 3rds on the OL for backups when outside CB and SAM are vacant.... it’s bizarre to me.  And to call Prince a “monster”.... come on when will the hyperboles end?  The guy struggles to keep his feet moving in the run game!  There’s a reason he slid from 1st rounder to 3rd.... he got exposed this year.  He has tremendous bust potential.

I like Robertson but he’s very small and slot CB isn’t that big a need with Joyner, Lawson, Nixon, Nelson (I think he gets a 2nd chance) plus DJ Killings, Jordan Brown when we only have Mullen, Apple, Johnson, Crowley, and Mabin on the outside.  An outside corner is what we need not slot CB

We are looking forward to see your Picks 80, 81, and 91, Jim, and how you find like 2 starters. Not many starters outside of the 2nd Round this year, outside of G/TE, and a select few at WR like Van Jefferson, if you dig deep into the prospects. Third Round is mostly all depth. 

Especially CB. Yes I took a Nickel CB at 91 because all the starting Outside CBs are gone, the last one went 42 to the Jags. And we still need a Nickel CB as Joyner is horrible. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

At the expense of starters at other positions? What starters exactly are there in the 3rd Round? You can argue Michael Pittman Jr. but I see him as more of a WR4 in the NFL. 

Also, all of the outside CBs went in the Top 2 Rounds and none were worth taking at Pick 19. I’m not reaching because of need.

I’d say guys at positions that would actually see the field without an injury. A 3rd LB, RB2, WR, CB. I don’t mind the G, because he could probably start by year 2. Just my .02. I just don’t think another OT is necessary in the 3rd

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

We are looking forward to see your Picks 80, 81, and 91, Jim, and how you find like 2 starters. Not many starters outside of the 2nd Round this year, outside of G/TE, and a select few at WR like Van Jefferson, if you dig deep into the prospects. Third Round is mostly all depth. 

Especially CB. Yes I took a Nickel CB at 91 because all the starting Outside CBs are gone, the last one went 42 to the Jags. And we still need a Nickel CB as Joyner is horrible. 

Lol don’t take it personal cuz I and the majority of the responders don’t like your mid round picks.  We all made valid points.  2 OL is just too much we feel.

if you don’t like constructive criticism then don’t post mocks.  No one was rude.  In fact I was even very polite and said overall it was a very good mock.

we will likely be able to find a starter in the 3rd if we draft a SAM like Malik Harrison.  Even if it’s not a pure starter, someone who sees the field more than 2 OLmen who will be the 4th G and OT on the team.

A Outside WR in the third would see way more playing time.  There’s like 10 to chose from.

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Lol don’t take it personal cuz I and the majority of the responders don’t like your mid round picks.  We all made valid points.  2 OL is just too much we feel.

if you don’t like constructive criticism then don’t post mocks.  No one was rude.  In fact I was even very polite and said overall it was a very good mock.

we will likely be able to find a starter in the 3rd if we draft a SAM like Malik Harrison.  Even if it’s not a pure starter, someone who sees the field more than 2 OLmen who will be the 4th G and OT on the team.

A Outside WR in the third would see way more playing time.  There’s like 10 to chose from.

I like Malik Harrison and Willie Gay but both were gone. Not a Troy Dye or Jordyn Brooks fan at all. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I like Malik Harrison and Willie Gay but both were gone. Not a Troy Dye or Jordyn Brooks fan at all. 

I’m not a fan or either to be honest.... Dye could be decent in right system but I like WILLs that are fast, agile 6’1-6’2 225-235 heat seeking missiles like Lavonte David, etc. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I'm starting to think Grant at 12. He might be our best shot at getting defensive superstar. Then using the 19 pick on one of Jeudy, Ruggs, or Lamb. Could also trade up a few spots to make sure we get one of those 13. Grant is only prospects that are in his tier. 

I think he’ll be there at 19 and if he’s not McKinney Is.  I’d hate to take Delpit at 12 and miss out on the 3 WRs.

34 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I'm starting to think Grant at 12. He might be our best shot at getting defensive superstar. Then using the 19 pick on one of Jeudy, Ruggs, or Lamb. Could also trade up a few spots to make sure we get one of those 13. Grant is only prospects that are in his tier. 

Those WRs have no chance at being there at 19. Too many teams in need of a WR or can use one to upgrade.