Rojo isn't gonna be a third down back, according to BA

bucsfan333

38 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Gonna be interesting to see what they do in the draft. I have a hard time imagining that if a true 3 down back like Taylor, Swift slip to us in 2nd, we wouldn't look long and hard...

At this point I wouldn't say Swift I'd a true 3 down back 

Hes more of a pass catcher and idk how his blocking is

Taylor is more 3 down material

I'd be really surprised if we didn't sign a back cheap 

The Pats had a 2 down back throughout Brady s career.  Off the top of my head, Dillon and Blount come to mind.  So I can see them waiting to day 3 to get the 3 rd down back.  Rojo is the 2 down back.

James White - 4 th rd

Shane Vereen - 2nd rd

Rex Burkhead- 6 th rd - I know not drafted by the Pats

Kevin Faulk- 2 nd rd

I dont have a problem with Swift or Taylor.  However, Gibson from Memphis is very intriguing.

2 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

At this point I wouldn't say Swift I'd a true 3 down back 

Hes more of a pass catcher and idk how his blocking is

Taylor is more 3 down material

I'd be really surprised if we didn't sign a back cheap 

I'm not counting on any rookie RB to be a viable pass blocker. Swift is more than just a pass catcher, he's good inside the tackles too. His biggest issue is ball security...

7 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I'm not counting on any rookie RB to be a viable pass blocker. Swift is more than just a pass catcher, he's good inside the tackles too. His biggest issue is ball security...

Gotcha , yeaaa

I'd like :

Swift or Taylor in a trade back 1st

Edwards-helaire in 2nd

Cam Akers in the 3rd

Or Zach Moss in the 4th 

Just how I see it

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ravishingone said:

The Pats had a 2 down back throughout Brady s career.  Off the top of my head, Dillon and Blount come to mind.  So I can see them waiting to day 3 to get the 3 rd down back.  Rojo is the 2 down back.

James White - 4 th rd

Shane Vereen - 2nd rd

Rex Burkhead- 6 th rd - I know not drafted by the Pats

Kevin Faulk- 2 nd rd

I dont have a problem with Swift or Taylor.  However, Gibson from Memphis is very intriguing.

Pats fan      This is what I see. Your team is going for it, SB or bust. You have Brady for 2 yrs and invested 60 mil. It would be a complete failure if you don't make it to the SB. Heads will roll. IMO  I would do everything I could to make that happen. You could end up with 2 SB wins if everything goes right.

All right here it is. I would try to pry James White from the Pats with a trade. I would over pay (to a point) to make it happen.  James White and Brady are unbeileavable , with him and your other offensive weapons its going to be impossible to defend.

This is not your normal build a winner, this is Brady and SB or bust.  As a new 2nd fav team fan. I could give a crap about a 3rd pick. I want that SB. Worry about value after Brady retires with 2 more rings.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Pats fan      This is what I see. Your team is going for it, SB or bust. You have Brady for 2 yrs and invested 60 mil. It would be a complete failure if you don't make it to the SB. Heads will roll. IMO  I would do everything I could to make that happen. You could end up with 2 SB wins if everything goes right.

All right here it is. I would try to pry James White from the Pats with a trade. I would over pay (to a point) to make it happen.  James White and Brady are unbeileavable , with him and your other offensive weapons its going to be impossible to defend.

This is not your normal build a winner, this is Brady and SB or bust.  As a new 2nd fav team fan. I could give a crap about a 3rd pick. I want that SB. Worry about value after Brady retires with 2 more rings.

Yeah I get it but I seriously doubt the Pat's trade with us unless the deal is just stupid on our end 

I'd like white but I wouldn't pay more than a 4th for him and that's already overpaying in my book

I'd wait to see if Burkhead gets released 

Also at most would give a 5th for him

33 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Yeah I get it but I seriously doubt the Pat's trade with us unless the deal is just stupid on our end 

I'd like white but I wouldn't pay more than a 4th for him and that's already overpaying in my book

James White is the best receiving back in the NFL, and has been for a few years. And his chemistry with Brady would be a nice addition.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

James White is the best receiving back in the NFL, and has been for a few years. And his chemistry with Brady would be a nice addition.

Much more interested in trying to get White over Edelman.  And no disrespect to Edelman.  I was just thinking Charles Sims was probably the best 3rd down back the Bucs have had in the last 10 yrs.  It would be nice to have a RB who can do more then catch a dump off or screen.

Going to be very interesting to see who they prioritize in the draft.  Prospects like Moss and Akers may not be as high on the board as others considering others may offer more in the passing game.  No way Brady is going to take the punishment Jameis did last season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Much more interested in trying to get White over Edelman.  And no disrespect to Edelman.  I was just thinking Charles Sims was probably the best 3rd down back the Bucs have had in the last 10 yrs.  It would be nice to have a RB who can do more then catch a dump off or screen.

Going to be very interesting to see who they prioritize in the draft.  Prospects like Moss and Akers may not be as high on the board as others considering others may offer more in the passing game.  No way Brady is going to take the punishment Jameis did last season.

Damn I forgot about Sims lol

He was a scrub between the tackles but was a hell if a recieving rb , too bad we never really used him well

I think swift and helaire will be our 1 and 2 

Akers is nice but after watching him some, he seems a bit slow..

3 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

You don't want Burkhead. He is made out of glass. He is so unreliable. 

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Damn I forgot about Sims lol

He was a scrub between the tackles but was a hell if a recieving rb , too bad we never really used him well

I think swift and helaire will be our 1 and 2 

Akers is nice but after watching him some, he seems a bit slow..

Ya but don't forget the chemistry with Brady. You only  have 2 years to make it happen. White give you so much more. You have to worry about the rookies getting on the same page and that could be tough with this Corona Virus.  The clock is ticking can you afford the uncertainty.

Just now, m haynes said:

Ya but don't forget the chemistry with Brady. You only  have 2 years to make it happen. White give you so much more. You have to worry about the rookies getting on the same page and that could be tough with this Corona Virus.  The clock is ticking can you afford the uncertainty.

In your opinion what would you give for James white and honestly what do you think the Patriots would accept