diehardlionfan

Matthew and Kelly Stafford step up.

6 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

It is great to see. They're good people on and off the field. 

I do hope that this is the beginning of more support. $100,000 is a really nice donation but it isn't a lot for a guy that has made over $100M in his career. Then again, some of the owners are only stepping up with donations of $1M despite being worth billions, so I dunno. 

All in all, a great thing from the Stafford's. 

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

I do hope that this is the beginning of more support. $100,000 is a really nice donation but it isn't a lot for a guy that has made over $100M in his career. Then again, some of the owners are only stepping up with donations of $1M despite being worth billions, so I dunno. 

Drew Brees is donating $5M to Louisiana.

That is a response. 

Posted (edited)

I have a hard time condemning anyone for giving or not giving and the amount they choose to give.  It's always easy to spend others money.  Good on Brees.  Good on Stafford, hopefully we all are giving in some way.

Edited by LionArkie

19 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

I have a hard time condemning anyone for giving or not giving and the amount they choose to give.  It's always easy to spend others money.  Good on Brees.  Good on Stafford, hopefully we all are giving in some way.

I know I know... 

5 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

It’s early. Donations usually increase as specific needs are identified. The Stafford's also have some fairly large multiple year charitable commitments.

I appreciate they’re helping small business, front line medical workers, and low wage earners. 

That scrub should give back all th emoney he stole...thinking at least 50 million

27 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

That scrub should give back all th emoney he stole...thinking at least 50 million

... did he rob a bank?

On 3/26/2020 at 11:56 AM, LionArkie said:

I wouldn't condemn anyone either but at the same time, these donations often amount to crumbs off their table. I'm not gonna call him a Saint either.

Meanwhile, you have entire NBA teams getting tested and people dying waiting for a test or the results. It shouldn't be like this.

27 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

I wouldn't condemn anyone either but at the same time, these donations often amount to crumbs off their table. I'm not gonna call him a Saint either.

Meanwhile, you have entire NBA teams getting tested and people dying waiting for a test or the results. It shouldn't be like this.

Also, government officials showing no signs. Just to get tested to report an update on their health to the media. 

3 hours ago, detroitroar said:

Maybe it’s crumbs, but I don’t know what he spends his money on. Maybe 100k to this is crumbs to his salary, but unless one knows his bills and donations, I don’t think it’s fair. People are dying to gun violence, maybe he needs to donate to that. People are dying of cancer. He better be donating to that.  Im sure we can spend his money real quick. Like I said, I am not going to judge the man. Good on him for donating anything to charity. And I hope those who are judging him or thinking his donation is nothing have donated at least a dollar. If not, it’s kind of hypocritical in my opinion. But to each their own.

Another thing to keep in mind. It’s been written numerous times how private Stafford is. I expect he does many things no one hears about because he wants it that way.

14 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Another thing to keep in mind. It’s been written numerous times how private Stafford is. I expect he does many things no one hears about because he wants it that way.

Very good point. 

Overall, it's a good story. They're good people on and off the field.