Who would have won Super Bowl LII if the Jaguars held on against the Patriots?

Apparition

if SB52 was Jaguars v. Eagles, who wins?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. if SB52 was Jaguars v. Eagles, who wins?

• Jaguars
    • Eagles

People are overrating Foles' run but the Eagles still win. Their oline was dominate and the refs are pretty lenient with offensive holding in the superbowl (particularly that crew, both olines were bearhugging the defense, which is why it was a shootout). The Jags had the defense to win an any given Sunday type game but more often than not the Eagles win that game.

• Like 1

I mean we shredded the vaunted Vikings D 2 weeks before. Pittsburgh shredded Jax even worse in the divisional round. Not like we'd have to score 41 points either considering we'd be going up against Blake Bortles instead of Tom Brady. I see no reason the Eagles wouldn't be favored, and the expected winner, in this hypothetical matchup.

Now it's not like we were a juggernaut, so it's definitely possible the Jags could have beaten us, but so could most playoff teams vs eventual SB winner in any given year unless we're dealing with a historically dominant team.

• Like 2

the eagles were the better well rounded team but i'd back the jags on an any given sunday game

just like how it's ignorant to say that "the eagles had nick foles for that run lolololo", given foles was superb for that time, "the jags had bortles lolololo" is also a pretty silly remark given bortles was a serviceable game manager who made plays through the air and on the ground when required for the jags for that year

7 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Yep. I think the Foles magic kind of almost makes people forget just how good that Eagles team was that year. 

Top 5 Offense 

Top 5 Defense

#3 Rushing Offense 

#1 Rushing Defense 

#1 Passing TD'S 

Top 3 Scoring Offense (Dropped from #1 "After " Wentz's ACL)

But hey , Foles was magical for two weeks so he must of been the Key!  That Will always be the narrative, but I'm fine with it. Whether it's TRUE or NOT!