Sign in to follow this  
moretti19

Moretti's March Mock 2020

Welcome everyone, I hope everyone is doing ok with this Corona Virus going on and can enjoy this mock.

Laura3.jpg?itok=Bz88xvY1

Free Agents:

Christian Kirksley

75ab7eb128174872957b73568cb52b35.jpg

Rick Wagoner

usa_today_11943280.jpg

Devin Funchess

usa_today_11594615.jpg

NFL Draft

Round 1:

A.J. Epenesa, DE, Iowa.Previously: 25 Avg. 15.4 per 28
03/25/20: Epenesa did not impress at the combine, and some team sources felt he looked average. Some teams think Epenesa could slip to the second round of the 2020 NFL Draft, but many believe he will go in the back half of Round 1. Epenesa could be a solid base end for a 4-3 defense, but his best fit would come as a five-technique end in a 3-4. For the NFL, Epenesa has some stiffness and is not an explosive edge rusher. But he is strong, physical and stout, so a 3-4 could be his best fit.

AP_19362193987446.jpg

RD2

LSU_logo.gif Clyde Edwards-Helaire*, RB, LSU
Height: 5-7. Weight: 207. Arm: 29. Hand: 9.63.
Projected 40 Time: 4.50.
Projected Round (2020): 2-3.

3/7/20: Edwards-Helaire was a dangerous runner and receiver for the Tigers in 2019, doing a lot of dirty work for their point machine offense. The junior averaged 6.6 yards per carry in 2019 for 1,414 yards with 16 touchdowns. He also had 55 receptions for 453 yards and a score. Edwards-Helaire is a tough runner with quickness, cutting ability, vision, and natural body lean. His natural receiving skills make him a potential three-down starter.

EdwardsHelaireClyde0316.JPG

Round 3

CentralFlorida_logo.gif Gabriel Davis*, WR, Central Florida
Height: 6-2. Weight: 216. Arm: 32.25. Hand: 9.25.
40 Time: 4.54.
Projected Round (2020): 2-3.

3/7/20: Davis is a prospect who generated some buzz in the scouting community and impressing for Central Florida. He has a good build and mismatch size. In 2019, Davis totaled 72 receptions for 1,241 yards with 12 touchdowns. He also produced well as a sophomore (53-815-7). Davis displayed big ability in 2019, putting his draft stock on the map. He helped himself with a solid combine performance.

8749036.jpg

Round 4:

SouthCarolinaState_logo.gif Alex Taylor, OT, South Carolina State
Height: 6-8. Weight: 308. Arm: 36.13. Hand: 11.
40 Time: 5.09.
Projected Round (2020): 3-5.

3/14/20: Taylor is a huge right tackle prospect and is a former basketball player who took sometime coming around to football. He has excellent length for blocking on the edge in the NFL, and it will be interesting to see if he can bend his big frame to win leverage against smaller, quick defensive linemen and edge rushers. Taylor was decent at the Senior Bowl, but needs development for the NFL. He should start out as a backup.

South-Carolina-State-Alex-Taylor-NFL-Dra

Round 5:

OhioState_logo.gif K.J. Hill, WR, Ohio State
Height: 6-0. Weight: 196. Arm: 29. Hand: 9.
40 Time: 4.60.
Projected Round (2020): 4-6.

3/7/20: Hill had 57 receptions for 636 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2019. He was a clutch receiver for Ohio State, showing good hands, route-running, yards-after-the-catch ability, and quickness. Hill is very polished who could be an inside or outside receiver in the NFL. He had solid week of practice at the Senior Bowl, but ran slowly at the combine.

MPhmBTL6dGR2FZUMfuWEzqiB2FQw_URPdgEEP20c

Round 6:

GeorgiaSouthern_logo.gif Kindle Vildor, CB, Georgia Southern
Height: 5-11. Weight: 185. Arm: 31.88. Hand: 9.
40 Time: 4.44.
Projected Round (2020): 5-7.

3/14/20: Vildor had six passes broken up, two interceptions and 27 tackles in 2019.

6/22/19: Vildor was one of the best players in the Sun Belt conference during the 2018 season, and that led to him getting placed on NFL teams' preseason watch list for the 2020 NFL Draft. He snatched four interceptions with 15 passes defended and 42 tackles in 2018. In 2017, Vildor notched an interception and three passes defended.

Vildor_K_18FB_CLEM_FF_6.jpg

RD 7

Georgia_logo.gif Tyler Clark, NT, Georgia
Height: 6-4. Weight: 300.
Projected 40 Time: 5.30.
Projected Round (2020): 7-FA.

3/21/20: In 2019, Clark had 2.5 sacks and 26 tackles.

6/29/19: In 2018, Clark totaled 31 tackles with four for a loss, three passes defended and one sack. He had 41 tackles with 2.5 sacks in 2017. Clark has the upside to improve

\as a senior.

8276181.jpg

Got one sentence into this mock, saw one picture and knew I'd give it a "like".

Can't recall how the mock went, though.  Do very much like how it started.

No way we take a RB that early, no way we take another WR that runs over a 4.5 40. KJ Hill in the 5th would be epic value, interesting prospect in Vildor. The rest can go away. Also, you're missing three picks between the 6th and 7th. I think you could do better here, but I believe Epenesa has the strength to play the 3-tech because he understands leverage and unlike Dean Lowry, he understands how to use his hands.

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

No way we take a RB that early, no way we take another WR that runs over a 4.5 40. KJ Hill in the 5th would be epic value, interesting prospect in Vildor. The rest can go away. Also, you're missing three picks between the 6th and 7th. I think you could do better here, but I believe Epenesa has the strength to play the 3-tech because he understands leverage and unlike Dean Lowry, he understands how to use his hands.

With how we utilize a running back I do not understand why we would pass on a prospect like Edwards. He allows us to move on from Jones without giving him a contract. 
Epenesa ate up USC tackle in the bowl game. He is a stud.

1 minute ago, moretti19 said:

With how we utilize a running back I do not understand why we would pass on a prospect like Edwards. He allows us to move on from Jones without giving him a contract. 

Ooooohhh....I don't think that's our strategy. Plus, a lot of people are mocking Edwards-Hilaire to TB as Ronald Jones has been underwhelming and they let Peyton Barber go in FA. In all honesty, if we were to draft a RB in the first 3 rounds, I would hope it would be JK Dobbins. 

I think Darrynton Evans in the 3rd or 4th would be the better pick. Plus you have to remember that Edwards-Hilaire's been banged up.

Posted (edited)

I thought you were doing a mock draft.  I don't see any mock draft.

Oh wait, there it is.

Edited by MaximusGluteus

Posted (edited)

If Gute is weighing RAS and SPARQ scores heavily, then he most definitely won't be drafting Epenesa or Hill.  He might consider Edwards-Helaire if he's using SPARQ more than RAS, but I can't see him taking him in round 2.

While Alex Taylor has the athletic traits, he's a MAJOR project and I think round 4 is too early for him.

Edited by MaximusGluteus

29 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

If Gute is weighing RAS and SPARQ scores heavily, then he most definitely won't be drafting Epenesa or Hill.  He might consider Edwards-Helaire if he's using SPARQ more than RAS, but I can't see him taking him in round 2.

While Alex Taylor has the athletic traits, he's a MAJOR project and I think round 4 is too early for him.

Epenosa reminds me so much of Cam Hayward on the Steelers. I do see your point with Gute showing a liking for top tier athletes.