Post Free Agency Coronavirus-WFH Mock

DaWg_LB.

This one is short and sweet, no trade down's no complications.....

Please critique, criticize or Co-Sign with as you see fit..

1rst Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
Height: 6-5. Weight: 320

2nd Grant Delpit, S, LSU
Height: 6-2. Weight: 213

3rd Jon Greenard, DE, Florida
Height: 6-3. Weight: 263

3rd Leki Fotu, DT, Utah
Height: 6-4. Weight: 330

4th Willie Gay Jr., OLB, Mississippi State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 243

6th Shaquille Quarterman, ILB, Miami
Height: 6-1. Weight: 234

7th Devin Duvernay, WR/KR/PR, Texas
Height: 5-10. Weight: 202

UDFA (I put my whole UDFA list up there, I dont expect us to get them all)

Case Cookus, QB, Northern Arizona
Height: 6-4. Weight: 220

Alvin Davis, CB/FS, Akron
Height: 5-9. Weight: 175

Amik Robertson, CB, Louisiana Tech
Height: 5-8. Weight: 187

Matthew Wilkerson, TE, Edward Waters
Height: 6-6. Weight: 270

Donnell Stanely, C/OG, USC
Height: 6-3. Weight: 325

Shaq Bradford, DPR/OLB, Kansas Weslyn
Height: 5-11. Weight: 229

Aaron Parker, WR, Rhode Island
Height: 6-2. Weight: 209

Khalil Davis, DT, Nebraska
Height: 6-1. Weight: 308

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Man solid job. But I’d definitely like to find some way to get a receiver earlier. There are going to be some really talented guys in the middle of the draft 

I was debating Hard.....looking at the Chase Claypool in Round 3 and coming back with Khalil Davis in Round 7 at the NT.....But I am still holding out hope that we resign Rashard Higgins to a nice little 2 year deal.

I am definitely aware that we need to get some WR's in the hopper developing....with the upcoming contracts we cant keep Jarvis and Odell for when we get into signing the Garrett, Baker, Ward, Chubb and someone is going to surprise us.....This is year is crazy, so I am thinking there will be some guys who carry 4th round grades as UDFA this year....just NO WAY all these WR's can get drafted. So this is year for UDFA's WR's carrying draftable grades. Also next years WR class....is not too shabby....(and we already have additional 4th avery and 5th corbert) 

Amik Robertson being a UDFA is funny. Most of the mocks I see have him in the 3rd/4th right now. I don't think your 4th, 6th, or 7th round picks are there at those spots. I don't want a pass rusher in this draft, it is horrific. 

With the style of defense we are shooting for, I don't think you see us taking 330+ true NT's anymore, I think there is going to be an emphasis on every DL being able to rush at least somewhat (see SF's DL last year). I don't know enough about Fotu to say about him in particular, but a Samoan NT at 330 from Utah.... I'm gonna assume he's a primarily run stuffing guy.

I'm also on team not Delpit. So overall this would be a hard pass from me.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Amik Robertson being a UDFA is funny. Most of the mocks I see have him in the 3rd/4th right now. I don't think your 4th, 6th, or 7th round picks are there at those spots. I don't want a pass rusher in this draft, it is horrific. 

With the style of defense we are shooting for, I don't think you see us taking 330+ true NT's anymore, I think there is going to be an emphasis on every DL being able to rush at least somewhat (see SF's DL last year). I don't know enough about Fotu to say about him in particular, but a Samoan NT at 330 from Utah.... I'm gonna assume he's a primarily run stuffing guy.

I'm also on team not Delpit. So overall this would be a hard pass from me.

I understand what your saying, but last year, if someone said Greedy Williams AND DK metcalf would have been taken in 2nd round, I would not believe you (if you would have Jamal Peters, Gerald Willis, Terell Hanks and Carl Granderson were going to be UDFA I would have disagreed also)....so those picks might now be there, hell we could draft Steve Fifita in the 3rd vs the 7th ;).

I would disagree with your 2nd statement, as we do not know what type of D Joe Woods will be running except the base alignment is going to be a 4-3, and the Dlineman that was signed is a 6'1 328lb run stopping NT with 3.5 sacks in 3 years. So I think the HC, GM and owner, are all tired of seeing a Run Defense ranked in the 26th or worse. So grabbing a 330 LB NT from Somoan decent , was the last time we had a fairly decent run defense (see Danny Shelton).

We need a safety...and I know the 1 year wonder of Winfield Jr. has blown up some folks Skirts in here (have you seen his injury history????)......but IMO Delpit is STILL the #1 FS in this draft, just like Andrew Thomas is still my #1 OT.....and has been since August....these folks have have earned it with their play the previous 2 seasons and did nothing to change that in their final college seasons....

THANK you for the comments and assessment.

12 hours ago, bruceb said:

Me, too.

And I would prefer Becton over Thomas.

Why? to Both Questions

And 1 additional, who are your top 5 safeties....free or strong? I want to know who you like over Delpit and by how much, and who is in the running for your #1 spot designation.

Just curious, not being argumentative.....

(yet lol)

55 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

but IMO Delpit is STILL the #1 FS in this draft, just like Andrew Thomas is still my #1 OT.....and has been since August....these folks have have earned it with their play the previous 2 seasons and did nothing to change that in their final college seasons....

This is what somebody says who didn't watch Delpit "play football" this year.

46 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

This is what somebody says who didn't watch Delpit "play football" this year.

Or its said by somebody that has been watching Delpit for the PAST 3 years.....and decided not to base my entire opinion off the one year of his playing, when he played injured.....

8 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Or its said by somebody that has been watching Delpit for the PAST 3 years.....and decided not to base my entire opinion off the one year of his playing, when he played injured.....

Eh, agree to disagree. I didn't buy the first round hype even before this year, so after this one, somebody is gonna take him well before I'd be willing to.

2 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Eh, agree to disagree. I didn't buy the first round hype even before this year, so after this one, somebody is gonna take him well before I'd be willing to.

Agreee to agree to disagree....

I bought the first round Hype when he started at one of the "DB U's" as a Freshman....and he was as dominant his Soph year, as his stats would indicate. And the College football powers that be still decided to award him the Thorpe award for the nations top DB......

So you and I disagree, but the powers that be seem to see things more the way I do ;)

7 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Why? to Both Questions

And 1 additional, who are your top 5 safeties....free or strong? I want to know who you like over Delpit and by how much, and who is in the running for your #1 spot designation.

Just curious, not being argumentative.....

(yet lol)

Too many holes in his game. More sizzle than steak. He probably will have a nice NFL career but not a star.

Winfield

Dugger

Chinn

Davis

McKinney

On 3/27/2020 at 6:51 PM, bruceb said:

Too many holes in his game. More sizzle than steak. He probably will have a nice NFL career but not a star.

Winfield

Dugger

Chinn

Davis

McKinney

I can dig your list....its a solid list.

I disagree with the holes in the game, especially listing Ashton Davis #4.....there are serious holes in that game.

and my Top 5 would be 1. Delpit (FS/SS) 2. Dugger (FS/SS) 3. Windfield (FS) 4. McKinney (FS/SS) 5. Chinn (SS)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I see both sides of the Delpit debate.  

His 2019 was not good, but his 2018 was.  Was he injured or exposed?  He’s risky imo, I’ve seen some bad, bad angles from him and sketchy tackling.  

I think he’s 100% boom or bust.  Reminds me a lot of Taylor Mays.

The thing I disagree with about this comparison is, Taylor May's was a Combine Freak, he was nowhere near that type of player in College.....

And I would say he was playing injured.....not so exposed.

His 2019 was not as good as his 2018...but his 2018 was not terrible, he was the starting FS and one of the best players on a undefeated National Championship. I guess this is a me (and the people who award the Thorpe award ;)) see things different than some of the Brothers in here do.

Edited by DaWg_LB.