Post Free Agency Coronavirus-WFH Mock

DaWg_LB.

10 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

The thing I disagree with about this comparison is, Taylor May's was a Combine Freak, he was nowhere near that type of player in College.....

And I would say he was playing injured.....not so exposed.

His 2019 was not as good as his 2018...but his 2018 was not terrible, he was the starting FS and one of the best players on a undefeated National Championship. I guess this is a me (and the people who award the Thorpe award ;)) see things different than some of the Brothers in here do.

I mean the Thorpe is cool, but homerism aside, he had no business winning it over Okudah.

32 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean the Thorpe is cool, but homerism aside, he had no business winning it over Okudah.

I can see that as a point of view.....I am not sure I agree with it.

I like Okudah and think he is the top CB in this draft....and I think he is going to be a good one. But I think he's getting a little too much hype. From my perspective, there are a number of people who talking about him like he's the best CB prospect to come out in the last 10 years. And that I dont agree with. I would even go out to say he's not the best CB prospect of the last 5 years....

For instance, EVERYONE has the Lions taking him at 3...or trading down....with from what I know of Matt Patricia, and the "Patriots way", I cant remember the Patriots spending high draft picks on CB's, they always seem to pay big money to bring in an established CB, I dont see Detroit passing on a Simmons or Brown for the CB. Simmons is the versatile type of Swiss Army Defender that Belicheck and Patricia deploy so well. I also dont see them drafting a CB over the top DT.....getting Shelton and Pairing him with Brown would fix the Detroit run Defense....I see Okudah slipping down to near where we are...

At the same time Deondre Baker should'nt have won it over him in 2018.....There was no DB in the country that should have won it over him in 2018...

Edited by DaWg_LB.

43 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I can see that as a point of view.....I am not sure I agree with it.

I like Okudah and think he is the top CB in this draft....and I think he is going to be a good one. But I think he's getting a little too much hype. From my perspective, there are a number of people who talking about him like he's the best CB prospect to come out in the last 10 years. And that I dont agree with. I would even go out to say he's not the best CB prospect of the last 5 years....

I think he’s in the discussion imo.  He’s not Patrick Peterson, but the close to the rest.

For instance, EVERYONE has the Lions taking him at 3...or trading down....with from what I know of Matt Patricia, and the "Patriots way", I cant remember the Patriots spending high draft picks on CB's, they always seem to pay big money to bring in an established CB, I dont see Detroit passing on a Simmons or Brown for the CB. Simmons is the versatile type of Swiss Army Defender that Belicheck and Patricia deploy so well. I also dont see them drafting a CB over the top DT.....getting Shelton and Pairing him with Brown would fix the Detroit run Defense....I see Okudah slipping down to near where we are...

I agree, I think Brown really fits what he wants to do.

At the same time Deondre Baker should'nt have won it over him in 2018.....There was no DB in the country that should have won it over him in 2018...

That’s fair.

9 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I can dig your list....its a solid list.

I disagree with the holes in the game, especially listing Ashton Davis #4.....there are serious holes in that game.

and my Top 5 would be 1. Delpit (FS/SS) 2. Dugger (FS/SS) 3. Windfield (FS) 4. McKinney (FS/SS) 5. Chinn (SS)

Since four of each our five are the same except for rank, I say that we are in substantial agreement on the players(s).

How about we agree on Dugger?;)

• Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 6:28 PM, bruceb said:

Since four of each our five are the same except for rank, I say that we are in substantial agreement on the players(s).

How about we agree on Dugger?;)

giphy.gif

That's how we have to toast now to avoid the C-19.....LOL

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1