Colts sign CB X. Rhodes

EaglesPeteC

2 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

I don’t get this signing. We cut Desir to sign him? Most likely he is cheaper then the contract Desir was under but still I don’t see what he brings to the table that Desir doesn’t 

Was just about to say I wouldve rather we just kept Desir.  I guess Rhodes offers higher upside but Desir was steady.  This feels like a Grigson signing honestly.

I will never hate too much on one year prove it deals though.

Xavier Rhodes went from being one of my favorite players to one of my least favorite over the course to the last two years.  Every time that he gets beat on a play he will fake an injury and pretend to get hurt on either that play or the next one.  He gets beat deep all the time now which used to never happen.  He’s still generally good in red zone situations I guess.

So what will Moore play the slot then?  And how much they paying Rhodes, do they have to pick up the Vikings contract and what they were paying him?  Hopefully he can turn his career around but I think Zimmer was a massive part of his overall success as a pro, will see what he can do without him.

1 hour ago, Kparty15 said:

Xavier Rhodes went from being one of my favorite players to one of my least favorite over the course to the last two years.  Every time that he gets beat on a play he will fake an injury and pretend to get hurt on either that play or the next one.  He gets beat deep all the time now which used to never happen.  He’s still generally good in red zone situations I guess.

I can’t wait for AJ Brown to abuse him twice a year.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

So what will Moore play the slot then?  And how much they paying Rhodes, do they have to pick up the Vikings contract and what they were paying him?  Hopefully he can turn his career around but I think Zimmer was a massive part of his overall success as a pro, will see what he can do without him.

My best guess is that Kenny Moore and Rock Ya-Sin will be the starters and when Rhodes comes in Moore moves to the slot. 

23 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

also looks like it’s a 1 year $5 M deal and Rhodes decided on DB coach Jonathan Gannon and the Colts over a return to Minnesota 

Wow 1 year for only $5 million, that is a pretty good deal for him, even if he is a declining pro.  Honestly though the Colts safety position is pretty weak I would say in terms of depth, would not be surprised to see Rhodes move back to safety potentially at some point.  They will probably address that safety spot in the draft though.   I thought Minnesota was going to do that with him he gets torched in deep routes and cannot run with the receivers, might benefit from more zone coverage and safety over the top for sure but yeah Moore would be the nickel no way Rhodes could hang in there at that spot.