Boston Red Sox Thread

Csonka Trucks

JF needs to be fired a year ago. He's absolutely putried. Why is he still bringing in Matt Barnes in big time situations on the road? Whats that saying? Fool me 10 times shame on me?

Then he pinch runs for Vazquez on 1st (wouldve had a 2B if he wasn't home run trotting to first...) with Chris Young and doesn't steal him, hit and run or utilize the pinch run in any freaking way. Why pinch run a guy on a 3-0 count, with no outs, to do absolutely nothing with him?

Dudes a dang clown and I'm SICK of it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2017 at 11:40 AM, I <3 Faulk said:

What are the odds that we get Hosmer?

I don't think the chances are great. I think the Stanton saga will last awhile. DD knows he has Mitch Moreland in his back pocket (it seemed like he enjoyed playing here) for first base, so while DD is knee deep in the Stanton talks, Hosmer signs elsewhere. I could also be completely off base with this and Dombrowski gets both deals done around the same time, like he did with Moreland and Sale last year.

On 11/11/2017 at 11:16 AM, playmaker8267 said:

I don't think the chances are great. I think the Stanton saga will last awhile. DD knows he has Mitch Moreland in his back pocket (it seemed like he enjoyed playing here) for first base, so while DD is knee deep in the Stanton talks, Hosmer signs elsewhere. I could also be completely off base with this and Dombrowski gets both deals done around the same time, like he did with Moreland and Sale last year.

I didn't even know that we're that deep in the stanton trade... do we have the ammo?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I forget the teams section of the forum exists but I remembered it because I needed to post this somewhere. I love that Vazquez will be on the team going forward. He was a league average offensive catcher last year, and I expect him to slip a bit this year, but we all know he's being paid for his defense. He was going to be eligible for arbitration starting next season, so the Red Sox effectively are paying a premium for his arb years in exchange for the 2021 season at $6.25M and the option year in 2022. I like it a lot. Keeps the player happy, establishes him as a piece of the team going forward, and all at a very reasonable price.

Just read that the team announced it will be Sale, Price, and Porcello, in that order, to start the first series in Tampa next week. We were salivating over that trio last spring, and finally it's a reality to start the season. Let's GOOOOOOOO!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, playmaker8267 said:

Dating back to last season, the Red Sox have won 8 straight extra inning games. They were down 2-0 in the 8th today and won in extras, in the home opener no less. 6-1 to start the year. This team has no ceiling!

Im tempering my excitement. The starting pitching has been lights out but there is no way that tracks all season long outside of Sale and maybe Price. Until I see the bats really come alive like they never really did last season I am coooooooool

9 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Im tempering my excitement. The starting pitching has been lights out but there is no way that tracks all season long outside of Sale and maybe Price. Until I see the bats really come alive like they never really did last season I am coooooooool

The starting pitching is definitely going to maintain that 0.86 ERA, so we won't need to score ;)

You're right though, the bats have been absolutely silent. I'm hoping the extended homestand will do the trick. If you can't score runs on the Rays at Fenway, I'm not sure when you can score runs.

On 4/6/2018 at 8:52 AM, playmaker8267 said:

You're right though, the bats have been absolutely silent. I'm hoping the extended homestand will do the trick. If you can't score runs on the Rays at Fenway, I'm not sure when you can score runs.

You watching this one? Pretty much head to nail.