Bills Sign OT Daryl Williams

Kmart128

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Cody Ford sliding inside?

1 minute ago, marshawn lynch said:

Many fans have been calling for Ford to move to RG. So this is most likely the situation 

Hope so. Ford's lateral movement skills as a T were just OK.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Is Williams an upgrade over Ford at RT? 

He improved as the season went on and Williams hasn’t done anything since 2017.

Kind of a meh signing for me. Could add nice depth but I’m not expecting much. 

He had a very good year in 2017, got hurt in 2018, and was absolutely dreadful last year.  To be fair we tried putting him at LT, but even when he played RT at times last year he struggled.

So I think "meh" is appropriate.  Could develop into a solid starter, but most likely won't be much more than meh.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Is Williams an upgrade over Ford at RT? 

He improved as the season went on and Williams hasn’t done anything since 2017.

Kind of a meh signing for me. Could add nice depth but I’m not expecting much. 

Improvement was a given simply because he was not very good at all at the beginning of the season. Overall, IMO, Ford is absolutely someone who can be upgraded outside.

I love how we are set up to go BPA in the draft. We have no significant weaknesses, just areas where maybe contracts will end shortly or a need for RB depth. As long as Beane stacks us with more talent, regardless of position, I think we will be fine. Even if we get an excess in some positional group, it will allow him to make trades to better our team in the future. Amazing how easy the turnaround under Beane has all looked when you think of the decades we spent futilely spinning our wheels!

2 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

Improvement was a given simply because he was not very good at all at the beginning of the season. Overall, IMO, Ford is absolutely someone who can be upgraded outside.

While true, he held his own quite well against TJ Watt on SNF and outside of one play he played a really solid game in the playoffs.

I agree he could be upgraded, I wanted Bulaga personally. I just don’t see Williams as that upgrade. 

I agree 100% about going BPA.

8 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

He had a very good year in 2017, got hurt in 2018, and was absolutely dreadful last year.  To be fair we tried putting him at LT, but even when he played RT at times last year he struggled.

So I think "meh" is appropriate.  Could develop into a solid starter, but most likely won't be much more than meh.

I wanted him last year in free agency thinking he made a lot of sense for the Bills then. Maybe being two seasons fully removed will help him but yeah seeing how badly he struggled everywhere last year has me thinking he is competition for Nsehke and Spencer Long for the last OL spot rather than a starting position.

This move is nothing more then camp competition. Moving Ford to Rg isn't really a done deal. Feliciano was strong at the RG position and I do not see him going anywhere at the moment. Maybe when his contract is up they have Ford go in as starter at RG but this season and this signing of Daryl doesnt mean that ford is moving inside. Just more flexibility of what the bills can do in the draft. I think adding Waddle back to see what he was suppose to do before he got injured last year would be a solid move as they will have Dawkins, Ty, Ford, Daryl, and Waddle as OTs going in to camp