B Stan's Mock Draft/Offseason 3-26-2020

BStanRamFan

Spotrac and OTC do not have Blythe or Floyd deals listed, so it is tough to project what the rest of FA could look like. My dream is for Shelby Harris, Snacks Harrison, or Derek Wolfe to sign still, but without an accurate cap figure it's tough to figure out the possiblity. Instead I will focus on the draft and some cheap XFL players.

I know we will make trades in the draft, but for this mock I'm having us stand pat. 

**Trade** Rams trade Brandin Cooks to the Miami Dolphins for the 141st Pick in the draft**

• Nelson Spruce: SPPRRUUUUCCE we all know who this guy is. He played well us in the preseason and was a top 5 WR in the XFL. With Michael Thomas gone, it would be great to bring back Spruce as a special teamer and WR5.
  • Tenny Adewusi: I'm a homer for this pick. Kid went to my high school and graduated with my younger sister. Was a CB/S for the University of Delaware and jumped on with the NY Giants for camp. Made it to final cuts. He had 22 tackles and 1 FR for the Dallas Renegades. I'd love to see him jump on as a special teams guy. 

#52 JK Dobbins RB OSU: I think RB's are going to slip in this draft based on the amount of WR, OT, and QB's taken in the first round. Swift might be the only RB taken in Round 1 and Dobbins will fall into our laps at #52. We run up to the podium to secure a top 5 RB duo in the league. 

#84 Akeem Davis-Gaither ILB Applachian State: I think Staley wants another ILB to pair with Kiser. Oko and Floyd start day 1. This is a homerun for us in the 3rd

#104 Jonah Jackson G OSU: Slide this kid in at LG day 1. Enough said.

#126 Hakeem Adeniji OT Kansas: let him sit behind Whit for 2 years. Our tackles are Whit, Havenstein, and Evans. Noteboom I'm unsure of. If you can grab this guy and his potential to sit behind Whit for a year, you do it.

#141 Quintez Cephus WR Wisconsin: Everyone mock draft I do will have this guy. He wil Robert Woods replacement in 2022.

#199 Shaun Bradley ILB Temple: Flyer guy and special teams player. undersized ILB who can play WILL in 3-4. 4.51 40 yard dash, athletic, 8 TFL in 2019. I like him in our defense to back up Gaither

#234 Jacob Breeland TE Oregon: met with the Rams at Combine. Injured in 2019 which drops him this far. If he played would be  3rd or 4th round pick. I think McVay can get the most out of him and have him take Mundt's spot. 

• Like 3

I like a lot of what you’ve done but I’m never going to sign off on a RB at 52. Are we leaving the center spot to Blythe and Allen to battle out? Blythe only signed a 1 year deal so I’m not sure we have the long term answer there. If you don’t believe in Allen I’d have a hard time leaving the draft without one when there are three or four that could start and we could drat early.

Love Gaither and Cephus. Jackson is an interesting prospect to move inside. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

I like a lot of what you’ve done but I’m never going to sign off on a RB at 52. Are we leaving the center spot to Blythe and Allen to battle out? Blythe only signed a 1 year deal so I’m not sure we have the long term answer there. If you don’t believe in Allen I’d have a hard time leaving the draft without one when there are three or four that could start and we could drat early.

Love Gaither and Cephus. Jackson is an interesting prospect to move inside. 

Thanks for responding. I have Blythe at Center in 2020. 

I'm also torn on DE and S. We need to add one of each in the draft or FA. I'm hoping we got some money left in FA to toss at both. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Spotrac and OTC do not have Blythe or Floyd deals listed, so it is tough to project what the rest of FA could look like. My dream is for Shelby Harris, Snacks Harrison, or Derek Wolfe to sign still, but without an accurate cap figure it's tough to figure out the possiblity. Instead I will focus on the draft and some cheap XFL players.

I know we will make trades in the draft, but for this mock I'm having us stand pat. 

**Trade** Rams trade Brandin Cooks to the Miami Dolphins for the 141st Pick in the draft**

• Nelson Spruce: SPPRRUUUUCCE we all know who this guy is. He played well us in the preseason and was a top 5 WR in the XFL. With Michael Thomas gone, it would be great to bring back Spruce as a special teamer and WR5.
  • Tenny Adewusi: I'm a homer for this pick. Kid went to my high school and graduated with my younger sister. Was a CB/S for the University of Delaware and jumped on with the NY Giants for camp. Made it to final cuts. He had 22 tackles and 1 FR for the Dallas Renegades. I'd love to see him jump on as a special teams guy. 

#52 JK Dobbins RB OSU: I think RB's are going to slip in this draft based on the amount of WR, OT, and QB's taken in the first round. Swift might be the only RB taken in Round 1 and Dobbins will fall into our laps at #52. We run up to the podium to secure a top 5 RB duo in the league. 

#84 Akeem Davis-Gaither ILB Applachian State: I think Staley wants another ILB to pair with Kiser. Oko and Floyd start day 1. This is a homerun for us in the 3rd

#104 Jonah Jackson G OSU: Slide this kid in at LG day 1. Enough said.

#126 Hakeem Adeniji OT Kansas: let him sit behind Whit for 2 years. Our tackles are Whit, Havenstein, and Evans. Noteboom I'm unsure of. If you can grab this guy and his potential to sit behind Whit for a year, you do it.

#141 Quintez Cephus WR Wisconsin: Every mock draft I do will have this guy. He will be Robert Woods replacement in 2022.

#199 Shaun Bradley ILB Temple: Flyer guy and special teams player. undersized ILB who can play WILL in 3-4. 4.51 40 yard dash, athletic, 8 TFL in 2019. I like him in our defense to back up Gaither

#234 Jacob Breeland TE Oregon: met with the Rams at Combine. Injured in 2019 which drops him this far. If he played would be  3rd or 4th round pick. I think McVay can get the most out of him and have him take Mundt's spot. 

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Thanks for responding. I have Blythe at Center in 2020. 

I'm also torn on DE and S. We need to add one of each in the draft or FA. I'm hoping we got some money left in FA to toss at both. 

Safety is one of those I'm curious how our new DC will work. Wade loved the 3 safety set but does Staley, or does Fangio as well? We obviously have our 2 starters with Scott and Gervase behind them. Scott just came off his rookie season and Gervase only has 1 year of league service accrued so he has a few years left as an ERFA. Does Staley also like the 3 safety look enough that we see a S pick? Not sure but with Hill and Ramsey in contract years I could see a CB. Williams and Alexander have a few years before real free agency. But if we lose one of Hill or Ramsey after this coming season then CB is a bigger needs though I could see us extending both and keeping Long in the slot. It's a big guessing game right now since we really don't have a good idea what Staley will run or like. We can guess based off Fangio but they could always have differences. 

I'm not seeing Dobbins falling that far, but if he does, he's worth considering. I also like Cephus a lot. On the downside, I don't like waiting so long for an OL. Jonah Jackson's issues in the running game would also be a problem for me.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I don't like the Cooks trade.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'm not seeing Dobbins falling that far, but if he does, he's worth considering. I also like Cephus a lot. On the downside, I don't like waiting so long for an OL. Jonah Jackson's issues in the running game would also be a problem for me.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I don't like the Cooks trade.

Agree with all of this.

I don't think there's a chance we move Cooks for that little of value at this point. Maybe at the beginning of FA where we could spend that cap we get back, but not now. 

48 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Agree with all of this.

I don't think there's a chance we move Cooks for that little of value at this point. Maybe at the beginning of FA where we could spend that cap we get back, but not now. 

We could still spend the cap. This Corona Virus has impacted the amount of FA signings as there are still some good options out there. Clowney, Snacks Harrison, Shelby Harris, Derek Wolfe to name a few. Although 

I just think with his cap hit and concussions, we would be lucky to get a 3rd round pick and more likely will get a 4th.

Keep in mind once he's off the books, we can begin to extensions of Ramsey and Kupp so the cap space doesn't necessarily mean bringing in a new guy, but keeping around other players for long term. 

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Trading Cooks will actually lose us cap space. If he stays, he costs $16.8M this year. If he does, he costs $21.8M (assuming we already paid his roster bonus).

Been saying this the whole time. Thats why last friday was so important

• Like 3