GDT - Week 3: Oakland Raiders at Washington Redskins

Ghostnote

Well Donkey Balls. 

skins2-640x360.png

Do I have your attention?

CGB7qJAUUAASojz.jpg

How about now? 

Well, more to follow, but for now:

This game is likely to be a shoot out. Wait, its in primetime. Forget it. This will be a blowout. This week is going to suck and the time schedule actually favored the Raiders. Allows their circadian rhythm to not be so out of wack. 

So what do the Redskins need to prepare for?

u7w9F6rE.jpg

Marshawn Lynch. I am not sure what 2 years out of the league has done for him, but in some cases, it seems as though he is still a bit of beast mode. I think our defense can handle him. He does not worry me so much. But should not be overlooked. If he gets frustrated, he will break down. 

Raiders Offense. 

hi-res-19146c890b0fe9ca9bb356de7b5df4af_

Is there a weak point to their offense? They are explosive. Al Davis would be very proud. They score a lot of points. Containing the Raiders defensively is going to be very difficult. 

Michael Crabtree has been as solid as any since coming over from San Francisco. With Amari Cooper across the field, it allows Crabtree to be freed in coverage and he excels at that. He is a very good route runner and he can catch the ball very well. 

khalil-mack-raiders.jpg

The Raiders defense has gotten better. Khalil Mack is a monster. With the additions of Gareon Conley, Karl Joseph, and Eddie Vanderdoes in the last couple of seasons, the Raiders are poised to go deep into the playoffs and at least open the eyes of some of the AFC competition progressing towards a Super Bowl. 

The Raiders secondary is a bit weak with Sean Smith, who has declined over the past few years and David Amerson, a former Redskin, starting on the other side. Neither are more than above average caliber CB's and should not be considered much against Pryor and Doctson

img24132393.jpg

Jordan Reed, if healthy, should have a big game considering his ability to open up the middle of the field and create big mismatches for their LB's, who don't cover well. Mack is likely to be rushing the passer a lot, which leaves the middle exposed a lot. Crowder is in the same boat as Conley will likely be covering the slot and considering he is a rookie, the veteran Crowder should be able to shake him a few times. 

The running game of the Redskins will be challenged with Karl Joseph playing close to the line and a very young and hungry defensive front from the Raiders. Frankly, if the Redskins cannot run the ball, its going to be a long night. And with the last 2 games, the running game has been lackluster from the starter Rob Kelley. Many feel that Kelley should not be the starter and that a mix of Perine and Thompson might be better off. 

THEN - There's this guy:

free_agency-tagged-cousins-615.jpg

The $25M MAN. 

20150908_Kirkw650.jpg

Its time he started to play with the balls and guts of the guy above. No more excuses. No more talk about next year. You're getting paid 25 freakin million dollars to play like you have the last 2 seasons and you have not shown up. Winning this game, and balling out will provide the good graces you need moving on to Kansas City, who has topped the Power Rankings in a lot of polls this week. 

You bet on yourself the last 2 seasons. Its time to put up or shut up and show that you are the franchise QB that Washington will be the biggest clowns in the world (if they are not already) of why they should have paid you that money. 

0D9Mv.gif

Terrelle Pryor needs to start catching balls that are considered elementary. This means, do this:

r257176_576x324_16-9.jpg

NOT THIS:

r256624_576x324_16-9.jpg

Prediction:

227px-Washington_Redskins_logo.svg.png                -    24

latest?cb=20120716204636     -    38

And now for more:

1eb0f6afb981f5ca5850d85d0db1d12b--washin  Redskins.jpg

temp081814_Cheerleader_Warmups22--nfl_me

9565989_redskins-cheerleaders-hit-costa-

washington-redskins-cheerleaders-2016-bi  600x600.jpg

3866087135_9c65fe17a1.jpg   WashIngTon-nfl-cheerleaders-5507567-371-

83384094.jpg

Enjoy!!

Good news: Mike Jones said Jordan Reed is warming up for practice.

My thinking about this game is that it is going to be a shootout. Neither defense is dominant, but they are can both be pretty good. The offenses really have a chance to put on a show. I'm hopeful we run the ball 25 or more times again this game as that seems to be the recepie for victory because of the issues/hesitancy going on with Kirk right now and his new WRs.  If we run the ball and control the clock like we did most of last game then we can maybe sneak out a victory. I really want to see Kirk connect with Doctson and Pryor on some intermediate to deep passes and blow the top off the defense like he did last year vs the Packers but in just not sure he has the faith/confidence that they can do that right now despite the plays being there to be made if he's just let it rip.

Anyways my prediction:

31-27 Redskins win!

This team is going to be a real pain in the butt to cover. While I'm of course worried about their stars, I'm almost more worried that it's their second tier guys that are going to be beat. We can gameplan all we want for Cooper, Crabtree, Lynch, and Carr but I feel like players like Jalen Richard and Cordrelle Patterson are going to be the back breakers here. Maybe I'm overthinking it but I think we're going to be put to bed by gimmick and broken plays. Kind of like Gerald Everett in the last game. 

I don't think Oakland is unbeatable but the way we play under the lights, I can't see us winning this.

Oak- 35

Was- 27

4 hours ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

This team is going to be a real pain in the butt to cover. While I'm of course worried about their stars, I'm almost more worried that it's their second tier guys that are going to be beat. We can gameplan all we want for Cooper, Crabtree, Lynch, and Carr but I feel like players like Jalen Richard and Cordrelle Patterson are going to be the back breakers here. Maybe I'm overthinking it but I think we're going to be put to bed by gimmick and broken plays. Kind of like Gerald Everett in the last game. 

I don't think Oakland is unbeatable but the way we play under the lights, I can't see us winning this.

Oak- 35

Was- 27

You forgot our primary weakness and left out Jared Cook.

Archived