Goodell wants draft to continue outside Team venues

Johnny Nix

Going to make it tougher on teams, but thank goodness. Nice to have anything in the realm of normalcy to look forward to, and the draft at the end of April is that.

I imagine the ratings will be huge. This may be the only "live" event in the sports world from mid March to June. Also there were some reports about using it to make charitable donations, think that would be awesome too.

• Like 9

In Denmark we have a quite good infrastructure, great coverage etc.

We can't have a proper skype meeting. Microsoft Teams works well enough, but still not good enough I would trust it in a draft scenario.

Have teams phone in their pick like always and let a small media crew go through fits for prospects/teams and talk about the players strengths, personality etc.

Just now, Danand said:

In Denmark we have a quite good infrastructure, great coverage etc.

We can't have a proper skype meeting. Microsoft Teams works well enough, but still not good enough I would trust it in a draft scenario.

Have teams phone in their pick like always and let a small media crew go through fits for prospects/teams and talk about the players strengths, personality etc.

Well, Skype for business is being discontinued, and is full of bugs at the moment.  So that's not surprising.

There are other platforms besides Teams that work really well.  Though i suppose with the sponsorship MS has with the NFL, we'll see this happen over MS Teams.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I just don’t understand the logic of “can’t meet at  Team headquarters but you can meet at a place outside of team headquarters.”

I just have this feeling there’s gonna be a bunch of issues that occur

It's to level the playing field so if some teams can access their bldgs and others can't they don't get an advantage over the teams that can't.

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Going to make it tougher on teams, but thank goodness. Nice to have anything in the realm of normalcy to look forward to, and the draft at the end of April is that.

I imagine the ratings will be huge. This may be the only "live" event in the sports world from mid March to June. Also there were some reports about using it to make charitable donations, think that would be awesome too.

It would be hilarious if on some live stream they did a PBS style pledge drive, but for things related to the current situation.

Hosted by JJ Watt with iconic figures taking the calls. Fans excited about a pick or trade their team just made calling in to donate money in the name of their team, but also being on the record for their support the people getting shout-outs at the end of YouTube videos. Or fans pledging when a rival makes a perceived mistake.

Reward the top givers with memorabilia donated by players, with specific limits to be set in order to receive the historic item that meant a lot to the player but they'll part with it for a ridiculous donation. All pledges above x level get a football phone, above y get idk because I shot my load with football phone. Teams themselves could honor their top fans in their own ways. On a banner in the concourse, getting to watch the game from a box with some team legend. Celebrated on the 50 before the game or at halftime. Getting to watch from the sideline. Getting a free program (do sporting events still sell programs?). Idk

Make it a competition for how giving each fan base is. By total pledged, but also in measured ways like relative to size of fan base, number of picks(maybe weighted by total value of pick slots), or stuff.

It would be funny, and productive, if quarterbacks called in to pledge money because they were excited about the pick being a lineman or receiver. Or calling in to pledge enough to get their memorabilia back.

Guilt teams into matching the contribution made by their fan base.

The idea started as an absolute joke, but something like that could raise an outrageous amount of money. Bills Mafia gave nearly half a million to Dalton's charity for backing into the playoffs.

• Like 2