Goodell wants draft to continue outside Team venues

Johnny Nix

4 hours ago, Danand said:

In Denmark we have a quite good infrastructure, great coverage etc.

We can't have a proper skype meeting. Microsoft Teams works well enough, but still not good enough I would trust it in a draft scenario.

Have teams phone in their pick like always and let a small media crew go through fits for prospects/teams and talk about the players strengths, personality etc.

Teams is better if you disconnect from a VPN, presuming you are on one, before using it.

44 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

They should just move it back. This is dumb.

Move it back to when?

I understand the GMs frustrations, but it is almost like they think somehow 2-3 months from now the opportunities they don't have now will be available.  It's possible, but unlikely if you are looking at trends (ie Italy and the growth we have seen in this country in just the last week or so).

This is a decision I agree with Goodell on.  This is a unique situation and the GMs need to recognize that and go with the cards they have been dealt with.  They aren't going to get the physicals they want/need, or the interviews they want/need, or so on and so forth.  It sucks, but it is what it is.  It is better to go ahead with the draft now rather than wait 2 months down the road when the situation may be better, but probably not.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, theJ said:

Well, Skype for business is being discontinued, and is full of bugs at the moment.  So that's not surprising.

There are other platforms besides Teams that work really well.  Though i suppose with the sponsorship MS has with the NFL, we'll see this happen over MS Teams.

The most stable solution I have found is Discord, but doubt the choose to use a gamer/chat platform

7 hours ago, SirA1 said:
7 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

I just don’t understand the logic of “can’t meet at  Team headquarters but you can meet at a place outside of team headquarters.”

I just have this feeling there’s gonna be a bunch of issues that occur

It's to level the playing field so if some teams can access their bldgs and others can't they don't get an advantage over the teams that can't.

What Franchise within days let alone a month can't properly clean their facilities,  especially the Draft Room they gather in ever year for this draft? That's absurd. However lets Try and find a Seperate location, one we have no control over, have to depend upon others for our safety instead of the control environment of a NFL FO?

Surely there is a plan IN PLACE already for cleaning the facilities when this epidemic is considered OK to proceed with the season. Why cant you on a smaller level do the same for the draft?

Sorry but that makes no sense what so ever!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1