Surprise Cuts?

47 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Griff is making $1.7M. Could we find a backup QB who would be worth signing that would take enough less to make the move? That would be my biggest question.

Griff may fit better in the Brady-Leftwich as opposed to the Arians-Leftwich offense from last season.  

With the irregular offseason, Griff has been in the playbook and has worked with these WRs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Griff may fit better in the Brady-Leftwich as opposed to the Arians-Leftwich offense from last season.  

With the irregular offseason, Griff has been in the playbook and has worked with these WRs.

And I don't know of there's a QB out there would be an upgrade for less money than Griff is making.

14 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

With this new vet minimum lower salary cap hit, not sure all the details maybe resigning Gabbert.  Just not sure.

I think you have to be within a certain amount of the vet minimum for it to count toward the cap as a vet minimum contract.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Griff being on the roster probably depends on what we do in the draft with QB spot. I don't see us carrying 3 QBs on active roster...

Depending on what investment we make in the draft (1-5th rounder ain't gonna be cut IMO), Griff is probably the odd man out...

I m opposite, I think they draft a Qb and carry 3 on the roster.  I just hope that is the plan.  There still is a lot of risk with Brady over the next 2 yrs.  They need to get younger at the position.  I m not worried about Brady s feelings if they draft a Qb.  They gave him everything he wanted.  A lot of guaranteed money, no trade and franchise clauses.  

I just hope they don t wait till day 3 to draft one.  Invest in the position.  I don t want a Qb at 14.  However, anything later and depending what round go get Love, Eason, or Morgan.  

25 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Griff being on the roster probably depends on what we do in the draft with QB spot. I don't see us carrying 3 QBs on active roster...

Depending on what investment we make in the draft (1-5th rounder ain't gonna be cut IMO), Griff is probably the odd man out...

I was thinking this^ at first

18 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I m opposite, I think they draft a Qb and carry 3 on the roster.  I just hope that is the plan.  There still is a lot of risk with Brady over the next 2 yrs.  They need to get younger at the position.  I m not worried about Brady s feelings if they draft a Qb.  They gave him everything he wanted.  A lot of guaranteed money, no trade and franchise clauses.  

I just hope they don t wait till day 3 to draft one.  Invest in the position.  I don t want a Qb at 14.  However, anything later and depending what round go get Love, Eason, or Morgan.  

But this ^ makes alot of sense

Especially if god forbid brady got hurt , we'd be screwed. So maybe we do keep Griff, I doubt any other backup takes less.

If Eason was there in the 2nd it'd be tempting , if he fell to our 3rd , that would have to be the pick imo

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I think we're gonna draft a QB, I just don't see it being before the 3rd round. Most likely IMO, it'll be a developmental guy in rounds 3-5. BA and TB aren't wasting a premium pick on a QB in this two year window we essentially have with both of them. They have the control over majority of this roster composition in this window. I think Licht will be the voice of reason for the future, but has to take a backseat until those rounds...

If Brady goes down for more than a handful of games, we're screwed anyway. Griffen is one of those guys you can cut and then find off the street/ another PS in an emergency if need be...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I was thinking this^ at first

But this ^ makes alot of sense

Especially if god forbid brady got hurt , we'd be screwed. So maybe we do keep Griff, I doubt any other backup takes less.

If Eason was there in the 2nd it'd be tempting , if he fell to our 3rd , that would have to be the pick imo

Is Ryan Griffen really an upgrade on a rookie? He knows the system, but the talent us still devoid IMO...

Like you said, if Brady goes down we're screwed regardless, so I'd rather keep the cheaper, younger and hopeful upside guy instead...