Tyler Ervin back on 1 year deal

MrBoom

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

IDK if Bowden is a good pro, but **** if he wasn't fun in college

Sometimes I hate the NFL exists just so we could appreciate dudes like that..

It's not the NFL, just that some coaches have a hard time molding their NFL schemes to match up with the talents of the college players.  

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

It's not the NFL, just that some coaches have a hard time molding their NFL schemes to match up with the talents of the college players.  

Its getting better but still sucks

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Its getting better but still sucks

Lamar Jackson might shift things some.   hope he can stay healthy and change some of the views on the running QB

Maybe if Kingsbury has some success in ARI, that will help also.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Lamar Jackson might shift things some.   hope he can stay healthy and change some of the views on the running QB

Maybe if Kingsbury has some success in ARI, that will help also.

It's happening on D too, tbh. But it took way too damn long. For 10 years guys were "only" 34 OLBs or 43 DEs, etc. S/LB is all over. **** ILB/OLB doesn't even matter.

29 minutes ago, Norm said:

It's happening on D too, tbh. But it took way too damn long. For 10 years guys were "only" 34 OLBs or 43 DEs, etc. S/LB is all over. **** ILB/OLB doesn't even matter.

College and NFL are quite different games in a few subtle aspects.   just not sure they need to be.   

NFL certainly has an old school, way its always been mentality.  shows with the recycling of the HC each offseason

• Like 1

It's a heck of a lot easier to be the best athlete on the field in college. Not so much in the pros. Ask Cam Newton how that went for him. Ask RGIII. Is the run-n-shoot still the offense of the future ? Is Steve Spurrier still destined to decimate NFL defenses ? Offenses aren't changing, just becoming less complex due to many factors. Give me the prototypical QB every day of the week.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cannondale said:

It's a heck of a lot easier to be the best athlete on the field in college. Not so much in the pros. Ask Cam Newton how that went for him. Ask RGIII. Is the run-n-shoot still the offense of the future ? Is Steve Spurrier still destined to decimate NFL defenses ? Offenses aren't changing, just becoming less complex due to many factors. Give me the prototypical QB every day of the week.

I am mixed. Big time games are still won with rhythm in the passing game. With that said it seems like young qbs now either need some mobility to scheme open protection or an elite line play to be successful 

5 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

I am mixed. Big time games are still won with rhythm in the passing game. With that said it seems like young qbs now either need some mobility to scheme open protection or an elite line play to be successful 

Well prototype QB's have won 54 of 54 Super Bowls. That's a pretty good %

7 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Well prototype QB's have won 54 of 54 Super Bowls. That's a pretty good %

Is Russel Wilson a prototype QB? Steve Young?  Pretty Broad definition of a Prototype, yeah?

I could argue Rodgers isn't the prototype QB, or at least wasn't coming out.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, cannondale said:

I think it went great for Cam newton.  Lately he's been hurt.  Guy was an MVP just a few seasons ago

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cannondale said:

Okay boomer

• Like 2