Tyler Ervin back on 1 year deal

MrBoom

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

I edited that out but you simply didn't say

"Oh I prefer prototypical QBs"

I'm saying the prototypical QB is far more of what I was talking about to start this in 2020. What the NFL looks for now in blue Chip QBs isn't the same. If you want a ton Brady, that's cool. I don't think that's what the league as a whole wants anymore. Which is what I was talking about the entire time, the NFL. Not posters personal preference.

I have literally said that numerous times. My reason for posting it again was due to the conversation of the 2 running QB's and the talk of college / pro "trends."  Nothing more, nothing less. If you guys want to read into it, that's on you, not me.

Edited by cannondale

Just now, cannondale said:

I have literally said that numerous times. My reason for posting it again was due to the conversation of the 2 running QB's and the talk of college / pro "trends."  Nothing more, nothing less. 

Look, the argument you seem to make (from my POV) was that QBs who can move/running QBs don't work and the NFL should keep the old prototype because (with examples) QBs who can run just fail.

I said I don't think the NFL agrees with you.

That's all. I suppose this has run its course now 

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Look, the argument you seem to make (from my POV) was that QBs who can move/running QBs don't work and the NFL should keep the old prototype because (with examples) QBs who can run just fail.

I was kinda interested to see how many more buzzwords we could get. I just got "Out-Athleted", but Ray is probably going to get pissed at us enough already. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

"Move/running" carries with it 349668459 million definitions. And if I'm a GM I don't draft a running QB. Nor do I take one under 6'-1". I think it goes without saying I would prefer he could move.

Edited by cannondale

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

"Move/running" carries with it 349668459 million definitions. And if I'm a GM I don't draft a running QB. Nor do I take one under 6'-1"

I'm on your side pretty much on the height stuff, sure as **** not #1 overall if ya can avoid it.

What we called running QBs like a decade ago are more the 2020 standard. There's fewer and fewer of them playing in college too. Like Burrow doesn't run all over the place but he showed he could in the playoff game. (Or maybe I was just impressed because I didn't think he had that). But if college is starting all dudes with legs, eventually you run out of 1995 style pocket QBs.

18 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm on your side pretty much on the height stuff, sure as **** not #1 overall if ya can avoid it.

What we called running QBs like a decade ago are more the 2020 standard. There's fewer and fewer of them playing in college too. Like Burrow doesn't run all over the place but he showed he could in the playoff game. (Or maybe I was just impressed because I didn't think he had that). But if college is starting all dudes with legs, eventually you run out of 1995 style pocket QBs.

Again, my take was simply made due to the videos posted and the comments about not only one but two QB's who can "run, pass, catch, block" and how that's the future or something along those lines. That's also why I brought up the run and shoot for one; along with how it's much more difficult in the NFL to pull off being the best athlete on the field as a QB and get away with it. Why it became a crusade to pick apart every word is beyond me

Edited by cannondale