Watson with Kubiak

Texansfan713

Better, sure - simply because O'Brien is not good.

I don't think he'd be great, though. A lot of the off script stuff that makes Watson special would have been coached out of Watson. For as much as we liked Kubiak's offense, we didn't like how Matt Schaub wasn't allowed to really change much up. The play and routes were called and Kubiak didn't really let anyone work outside of that (save for Peyton Manning).

Kyle Shanahan, on the other hand - that would have been poetry in motion.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ET80 said:

Better, sure - simply because O'Brien is not good.

I don't think he'd be great, though. A lot of the off script stuff that makes Watson special would have been coached out of Watson. For as much as we liked Kubiak's offense, we didn't like how Matt Schaub wasn't allowed to really change much up. The play and routes were called and Kubiak didn't really let anyone work outside of that (save for Peyton Manning).

Kyle Shanahan, on the other hand - that would have been poetry in motion.

To be fair, Schaub was a scrub that Kubiak made into a good QB by not letting him go off script. 

watson hasn’t excelled in going off script, he’s excelled at making something out of nothing. With Kubiak he doesn’t tear his ACL and lead the league in sacks taken. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

watson hasn’t excelled in going off script, he’s excelled at making something out of nothing. With Kubiak he doesn’t tear his ACL and lead the league in sacks taken. 

I agree on the sacks taken. That's about it.