2 Mocks I’d Love

Bobby816

Two different scenarios Mocks

Make skill better Mock...

1st: Henry Ruggs III (WR/Alabama): Id rather Jeudy or Lamb here but there’s no denying that Ruggs is an ideal Gase WR. And I think we love him.

2nd: Ezra Cleveland (OT/Boise State): athletic OLineman and that’s apparently a trend we want in the OL with wide splits.

3rd (from NYG): Cam Akers (RB/Florida State): Kamara vibes from this guy.

3rd: Julian Okwara (Edge/Notre Dame): speed edge rusher that we need. Need to keep trying until we find one.

4th: Van Jefferson (WR/Florida): elite route runner. Slips a bit bc he couldn’t do the combine and production wasn’t great. Our WRs coached son as well.

5th: Lamar Jackson (CB/Nebraska): Big bodies Cb that can tackle and play press coverage on the outside.

6th: James Morgan (QB/Florida International): has great size, arm and mobility. Needs work mentally.

6th (comp): Jauan Jennings (WR/Tennessee): big bodied WR with skill a lot better than this draft spot but a poor combine and poor attitude have him fall to nearly undrafted. Why not take a shot on him.

Continue to build the OL Mock

1st: Mekhi Becton (OT/Louisville): huge and crazy athletic... but raw. Some risk with him, but I think he will be good. Hopefully great.

2nd: KJ Hamler (WR/Penn State): smaller but can play tough. Pretty much Henry Ruggs lite.

3rd (from NYG): Brandon Aiyuk (WR/Arizona State): plays bigger than his size and is a great YAC guy.

3rd: Chase Claypool (WR/Notre Dame): yes 3 WRs in a row. All that play different. This guy can be a steal with his blend of size, strength and speed.

4th: Kenny Willekes (Edge/Michigan State): gotta keep trying to find an edge pretty much every draft until we do.

5th: Lamar Jackson (CB/Nebraska): Big bodies Cb that can tackle and play press coverage on the outside.

6th: James Morgan (QB/Florida International): has great size, arm and mobility. Needs work mentally.

6th (comp): Patrick Taylor (RB/Memphis): guy plays a bit like Bell. Might be good for him to learn begin him for a season.

• Like 1

It's honestly tough. I'm going with the top draft even though I'm a Becton fan. I still get an OT who can possibly start this year + a dangerous WR for Darnold. Along with that, we get a OLB + RB who can at least develop into starters or rotation players. 

1 hour ago, dcat said:

We are doing a full 7 round mock (with 32 GMs) on another board.  I don't represent the Jets there, but here is where the Jets are right now in the mock:

1 11 11 1250 NY Jets Jets IndianaJet Henry Ruggs III Alabama WR  
2 16 48 420 NY Jets Jets IndianaJet Ezra Cleveland Boise St. OT  
3 4 68 250 NY Jets Jets IndianaJet Terrell Lewis Alabama EDGE via NYG
3 15 79 195 NY Jets Jets IndianaJet Matt Hennessy Temple IOL  
4 14 120 54 NY Jets Jets IndianaJet        
5 12 158 27.8 NY Jets Jets IndianaJet        
6 12 191 14.6 NY Jets Jets IndianaJet        
6 32 211 6.6 NY Jets Jets IndianaJet       via KC

Jesus I’d love those four picks. 

On 3/27/2020 at 3:06 PM, xenajets said:

I’m legit spilt 50/50. As long as we go Oline/WR with our first two picks I’m golden. Just have this horrible feeling we will draft a ‘falling’ player like Okudah or Kinlaw. 

that would be so Jetsy, wouldn't it?  Rest assured... the stench of Tannenbaum... Rex....  Idsuck....  Bowles... and the unbelievably bad Maccagnan have long left this building.

In JD we trust.

Option 1 would be great.

I'd love giving Darnold weapons. Ruggs speed is gonna be tough to cover, he can run routes as well and is tough. With the speed we would have at WR, it would cause teams to not stack the box on us and make it dangerous for them to blitz us like crazy leaving guys like Ruggs 1 on 1  who can outrun everyone. Thus allowing us to pound the ball with Bell or dump off to him. 

5 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Option #1 for me easily, although I believe we would have to trade up to get Cleveland

Yeah I don't think Cleveland falling to 48 is realistic. I also can't see Okwara falling that far in a thin EDGE class. Van was a lock to go day 2 prior to injury/COVID-19 changes. I think he gets impacted, but a team may remain steadfast in taking him because teams will put added stock in pro-ready guys given that OTAs and TC, and the preseason are likely to get shortened/cancelled. I also think the talent discrepancy between Becton/Cleveland is much larger than Ruggs/Hamler... everyone I've spoken to says Hamler is no different than Hollywood Brown, and I think that can only be interpreted positively. 

Option 2 seems more realistic in the sense of where people come off the board and I think it would be the far better result. I don't think any one of Ruggs/Lamb/Jeudy would solve our woes at WR; I think we need to make a few high investments in the position. It's funny you put 3 WRs in a row because I'm working on a mock that does the same except with a trade-down at 79. 

I think regardless what happens on draft day, we as a fanbase will be happy with the shiny new toys on offense as well as added protection for Sam, but our CB/EDGE groups could be amongst the worst in the NFL when you consider how some of the young guys like Bless Austin and Kyle Phillips could face stunted growth with the impacts COVID-19 will have/less training camp reps. Hoping Gregg will have a few tricks up his sleeve.