Fromm is at BEST a 5th round pick! (and other QB thoughts)

ScoDucks823

3 minutes ago, ScoDucks823 said:

I like this list, I see the reasons to put Eason there even if I wouldn't myself. Both he and Love some to be pure potential bets and I just think Love's athletic upside pushes him higher than Eason. I definitely have Tua at 2, but OMG does his injury history scare me. I wouldn't want to be the GM to take him

The injury history as a whole should concern you, the hip itself shouldn't. Hip surgery is so much more advanced than during Bo Jackson's era. I know a lady, around 45 and obese, who was involved in a metrolink train crash and had to get the same hip surgery. She recovered no problem in about 6 months.

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

The injury history as a whole should concern you, the hip itself shouldn't. Hip surgery is so much more advanced than during Bo Jackson's era. I know a lady, around 45 and obese, who was involved in a metrolink train crash and had to get the same hip surgery. She recovered no problem in about 6 months.

You can't compare the recovery of someone who's most complex physical task is climbing the stairs to someone who has to survive consistent hits from 300+ pound star athletes. the fact that his hip dislocated from that hit is more concerning than the injury itself

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, ScoDucks823 said:

called it

Anyone that watched Fromm play and ignored the Team results could see he wasn't anything special. NFL teams seem to be aware of it too, and now we wait to see where he finally gets taken.

You just know this has got to be killing him inside right now.

24 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Anyone that watched Fromm play and ignored the Team results could see he wasn't anything special. NFL teams seem to be aware of it too, and now we wait to see where he finally gets taken.

You just know this has got to be killing him inside right now.

Yeah, it's honestly kind of a shame because anyone who watched QB1 saw that he's a great kid and teammate, but he's just not good enough to be anything more than a backup. he's gonna be a coach at some point in the not so distant future i think

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ScoDucks823 said:

Yeah, it's honestly kind of a shame because anyone who watched QB1 saw that he's a great kid and teammate, but he's just not good enough to be anything more than a backup. he's gonna be a coach at some point in the not so distant future i think

Yup. He should have just stayed in college and maxed out his time there, but he made the decision himself.

I was sure he was getting first round buzz last year on here, and even top 5 overall. I was so sure that I spent 10 mins digging through the search engine and sure enough found some absolute gems from last year.

So, be careful what you say to reverse your opinion now, some of you....mwahaha :P

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, ScoDucks823 said:

Super smart kid........that's about all I can give it.  It was painful to watch him throw under 50% completion rates down the stretch.  I figured we would have a rough stretch like that to start the year with a young, inexperienced group of pass catchers.  Nope, turns out we regressed as the season went on.  Also, super hard to watch him fall apart knowing that Kirby picked the wrong QB not once, but twice.  However gave him the advice to come out this year is really, really bad at giving advice, let's just put it that way.  

I don't see him sticking around much in the NFL either.  Sounds like Buffalo drafted him just to draft him because he was still around and they didn't do all of their homework on him and reacted to the name.  I thought he would be gone in the seventh as a favor to Kirby, and out of the league when his first contract would be up.  

12 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I was sure he was getting first round buzz last year on here, and even top 5 overall. I was so sure that I spent 10 mins digging through the search engine and sure enough found some absolute gems from last year.

So, be careful what you say to reverse your opinion now, some of you....mwahaha :P

I was about to say the same thing. Crazy how quick opinions change. 

• Like 2