HB Final Social Distance Mock Draft

Humble_Beast

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I just think of Ruggs like Jacobs... Better pro than college player...

I think u may be right, still doesn't mean better than Lamb. Lamb is just extra good with ball in hands, good route runner, good contested catch guy. Great blocker. Compete wr

31 minutes ago, roi34 said:

I think u may be right, still doesn't mean better than Lamb. Lamb is just extra good with ball in hands, good route runner, good contested catch guy. Great blocker. Compete wr

you would think if Lamb was so good, he wouldn't have contested catches in the Big 12. Those catches aren't going be easier, against NFL CB1. Lamb is not going be a better athlete than anybody. Tired of drafting guys who aren't elite athletes, don't want another Ferrell. Just drafting guys because they were good in college. They don't play defense in the big 12.. Lamb didn't even want to run a 3 cone, or 20 yard shuttle, just like Ferrell skipped on some drills. Rather have Jeudy or Ruggs. 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

you would think if Lamb was so good, he wouldn't have contested catches in the Big 12. Those catches aren't going be easier, against NFL CB1. Lamb is not going be a better athlete than anybody. Tired of drafting guys who aren't elite athletes, don't want another Ferrell. Just drafting guys because they were good in college. They don't play defense in the big 12.. Lamb didn't even want to run a 3 cone, or 20 yard shuttle, just like Ferrell skipped on some drills. Rather have Jeudy or Ruggs. 

He has plenty of non contested catches too. Don't see how that is a point. Alabama had juedy, ruggs, and Smith. Lamb had lamb. Easier to find space when you have 3 solid threats vs one. Lamb is better pick coming into draft. I don't hate ruggs, won't be mad if we draft him. But being a great athlete doesn't always translate to bring great NFL player. 

Either way I want a top flight WR. Whoever gives us that I'm happy with. I just think lamb is way more complete. Big 12? He showed up vs all the top 20 teams he played. 3 cone? Plenty of quickness, watch the tape. Has 1200+ yards after catch. 

Edited by roi34

I know the Big 12 has historically been a bad defensive league, but many are overlooking how bad the SEC was last year at defense too. They're living off of an earned reputation and with good reason. 

However, even a simplistic look of LSU 46 Alabama 41 is a far cry from 9 to 6 of years past. Football is an offensive sport these days and most leagues have taken a huge hit on the defensive side, even the mighty SEC.

On 3/28/2020 at 12:52 PM, daineraider said:

Jeudys route running is on another level.  It’s amazing how quick he comes in and out of breaks.  Ruggs has obvious quickness and speed, but I just think Jeudy is more polished.  Like I said though, I wouldn’t be upset with any of those 3 WRs.

As a prospect Juedy reminds me of Amari Cooper light.  A lot of the same positives and negatives.  How they react to adversity and reliability will be key.  Reading Cooper's combine bio says this: Needs to finish routes. Will stop or occasionally adjust route, putting quarterback in danger of an interception. Can improve use of body to shield defenders from the ball. Run blocking can improve. Could use a little more fire in that department. Focus drops have been an issue at times, dropping 13 passes over the last two seasons.

Cooper bio was pretty spot on with positives and negatives.   He is still young and can easily fix his issues but will he and he is not worth $20 million.  I was also one of his biggest supporters in the forum.  

Just for fun comparing the top 3 to Raider WRs.

Jeudy - Cooper/Brown

Ruggs - Lofton/Branch

Lamb - Fernandez but slower - Biletnikoff but faster

Just noticed that in 88' we had Fernandez, Lofton, Gault, Brown, Allen, Jackson, Christensen and Shanahan as coach. Some how ended up 16th out of 28th in points scored?  Then I saw Schroeder and Beuerlein where the QBs.

Edited by drfrey13
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/27/2020 at 3:31 PM, Humble_Beast said:

Introduction: This will be my last mock offseason. Hope you enjoy during our time at home, pick up if you don't agree. Always nice to talk Raider football

• I see a Gabe Jackson for a 4th trade. Team gets cap relief, and I don't see much of a drop off with Good.
  • listen alternatives under draft picks, other guys I like in those rounds. 

R1- Henry Ruggs WR- Raiders land their "Tyreke Hill" as Ruggs will be one of the fastest players from Day 1. Ruggs is more than a speedster, he has ball skills and can run all the routes, and can develop into a superstar in the league. Other recent speedsters has had great success in DJ Moore, Hollwood Brown. Ruggs a freak athlete and a good character. 

Alternative: Jerry Jeudy - I like the Bama boys more than Lamb. personal taste

R1- Grant Delpit FS- Heart and soul of the national champion LSU Tiger defense. Played for "DB U" and won the Jim Thorpe award, made an impact all 3 years. Last year played heart but Kobe it on the field. Elite size and will be all over the field in the NFL. Abram/Grant be a nice duo going forward, and Grant would give us 1 impact player on both side of the ball in R1. 

Alternative: Kavon Chaisson Edge,  Kenneth Murray OLB - draft the defensive BPA with a high ceiling

trade up- 3rd, 4th to move up to the 2nd for a CB. Add a 2021 pick if that gets the deal done. 

R2- Jaylon Johnson CB- fits the system, as a physical man corner. Utah pass defense was one of the best in college, and he was a stud all 3 years in college. He slides to the 2nd due to his injury, but Raiders make the move up to get a great prospect at position of need. 

Alternative: Kristian Fulton, AJ Terrell, Jeff Gladney

R3- Cam Akers RB- we do need a RB2, this might be high to some people. Akers is the truth and Mayock goes with the BPA. Akers has star potential, could give us a Chubb/Hunt scary backfield. Keeps Jacobs fresh or Gruden can get creative and play them both at the same time. 

Alternative: Zach Moss, AJ Dillion, Antonio Gibson,  Dallas - 3rd should be a good spot to make our RBs unit one of the best in the league

R3- Trade

R3- Michael Pittman Jr- as many want, I forsee double dipping at WR. Pittman has elite size, and good ball skills. Dad use to play for Gruden, and Pitman was a stud at USC. Pittman/Ruggs would do wonders for WR unit. 

Alternative: Chase Claypool, Bryan Edwards, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Antonio Gandy Golden, Tyler Johnson  - would be a really nice to compliment Ruggs with a long term Big Body Wideout.

R4- trade

R4- John Simpson G- Big nasty guard to develop behind Richie, or even challenge Good for starter spot. Long time starter from Clemson, and Raiders love that program. (Gabe trade)

Alternative: Netane Muti, Robert Hunt, Kevin Dotson, Shane Lemieux, Saahdiq Charles, Mike Onwenu, Jon Runyan, Tyre Phillips, Gage Cervenka - good spot to draft a mauler to our OL unit. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/john-simpson?id=32195349-4d53-5559-6e58-1567c1c85840

R5- trade down to pick up two 6th rounders

R6- Kenny Robinson S - unique prospect, but a trait based developmental DB. Could contribute on special teams as rookie, and maybe starter down the road. 3 safety looks are used a lot in the NFL, so could have a role down the road. 

https://www.xfl.com/en-US/teams/st-louis/battlehawks-articles/robinson-embraces-unique-path-to-xfl

Alternative: Nigel Warrior- also really like this prospect, (all SEC safety), Marc-Antoine Dequoy, Jared Mayden, Julian Blackmon, Terrell Burgess, Brandon Jones, 

R6- Davion Taylor LB- raw to the position, but a trait based prospect. Explosive athlete who probably make our team with our LB depth. 

Alternative: Tanner Muse, Carter Coughlin, Akeem Davis-Gaither, Mykal Walker, Shaun Bradley 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/davion-taylor?id=32195441-5915-6787-d731-c26019207f64

Offense

QB: Carr, Mariota, Peterman, Kizer

RB: Jacobs, Akers, J Richard, R Smith

FB: Ingold 

WR: T Williams, Pittman

WR: Ruggs, Z Jones/Doss

Slot: Renfrow, Agholor

TE:  Waller, Moreau, Witten, D Carrier

LT: K Miller, B Parker

LG: Richie, Kush

C: Hudson,  James

RG: Good, Simpson

RT: T Brown, Sharpe

Defense 
DE: Ferrell, Key, 

UT:  Collins, Hurst, Ross

NT: Hankins, Hall

DE: Nassib, Crosby

WLB:  Littleton, Taylor

MLB:  Kwiatkoski, Morrow

SLB:  M Lee,  Wilburn

CB: Mullens, J Johnson

CB:  Apple, I Johnson

Slot:  Joyner,  Lawson

FS:  Grant, E Harris, Robinson

SS: J Abram, J Heath

K: Carlson

P: Cole

LS: Sieg

Post Draft/Roster Thoughts:

• Draft added us much needed fire power to offense in Ruggs, Pittman, and Akers. We would have one of the great nucleus of young threats in the league 
  • speaking of Akers, would have one of the best 1-2 punches in the league. With our strong linemen, Raiders will be smashing down people throats
  • weapons in the passing game: Ruggs, Williams, Pittman, Waller, Moreau, Agholor, Renfrow! 
  • Drafted Richie long term replacement in Simpson, might even start in Gabe's spot. I didn't draft a tackle since Trent can slide to LT and rather draft a guard in the 4th. Possibly bring in a tackle to challenge Parker/Sharpe 
  • left DL alone, give one last chance to see development from Hurst, Hall. A lot of youth on DL that need to step it up. 
  • signed 2 impact free agents at LB so leaving it alone. Maybe sign a vet for depth, Taylor can fly with a 4.4 40 time, more speed on defense
  • Johnson gives us depth, and potential stud at CB. Slips due to his injury
  • Grant is a day 1 starter, and alpha in the back end. Robinson is a developmental player who gives the team more speed and athletic ability
  • would actually address our DBs, could at least compete with KC
  • Added 4 guys on Offense, 4 guys on Defense
  • 2021: could come back and draft DT in the first 

Thoughts?

crazy, my mock draft was very close to the real thing

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

crazy, my mock draft was very close to the real thing

That's actuslly a really good take looking back, only Pittman is really out of sync and I dont think many saw him flying up into the very early 2nd round so high. I was a fan of Pittman and hoped he be there in the 3rd but in reality Edwards in the 3rd is much better than Pittman in the very early 2nd. 

Just hope they fulfill the promise in reality 😀