Running backs !!!!

Gibster16226

Villy, Feiler and Banner are all FAs after this season...My guess is that the Steelers will try not to replace more than1 guy unless necessary....I’m guessing as of now  Villy and Feiler are kept around.

Conner is also a FA IIRC...my guess is that it comes down to how they view Snell long term.

Neither LT  or RB are luxury picks.
Neither is OLB. Or OL. Or DT.

It all depends on future plans, who they'll want to pay long term, who they think is serviceable but replaceable. 

I think if the RB they really like is there, they'll take him (if there's not a DT they love there too).
It adds pressure to Conner and who knows what Conner will want in FA. If they drafted 
Dobbins/Taylor would they trade Snell for another 4th? 

Same of LT or RT as Banner and Okorafor are both in the 'we're not sure yet' camps.
Or they're promising and AV is slowing down enough to not get extended.
Is Wis the back up across the board, or is he the G and Fieler the RT? 

All really open to debate.

OLB is also interesting. They will always say they want to sign Bud to a longer term deal,
but if they don't and he plays under the franchise tag, well, it might be his last season.
And Odeniyi, and more so Skipper, are also still in the 'we're not sure what we have' camp.

And with all of this in mind, what if G.Delpit drops at S, which some are predicting?

They won't draft for 2020, they'll draft for the longer term strength of the team. It's going to be
a pretty interesting draft (aren't they always before they happen). I'm pretty sure the only positions
they won't take at 49 are TE, DE and maybe QB (of course K and P).

I'd love to see their draft board, because who they'd pick out of these guys if they are there
at 49, would tell us so much:

DT  R.Blacklock (prettty special athlete)
DT  N.Gallimore
RB  J.Dobbins
RB  J.Taylor
OT  L.Niang
OL  L.Cushenberry
OL  C.Ruiz
OLB  J.Uche
OLB  B.Anae
WR  L.Shenault (his 40 scared some folks, not me)
WR  J.Reagor
FS   G.Delpit (some are saying he could slide)

On 1/04/2020 at 4:38 AM, jebrick said:

Give me James Robinson or Darrynton Evans or even Sewo Olonilua on day 3. Don't waste my time with a RB at 2.49 if a LT or a quality EDGE or William Gay, Jr. or a high quality safety is on the board.

Put me on the Sewo bandwagon.  If we don't go rb early I'd love him later

10 hours ago, mwalker said:

DT  N.Gallimore
RB  J.Dobbins
RB  J.Taylor
OT  L.Niang
OL  L.Cushenberry
OL  C.Ruiz
OLB  J.Uche
OLB  B.Anae
WR  J.Reagor

At #49, I am looking for guys to help us this year/2021.  We have to win in this window.  I don't like Dobbins or Taylor for us, TBH.  If Swift were there, he would be my #2 most likely.

1) Delpit.  All day.

2) Reagor

3) Uche/Gallimore

4) Cush/Niang

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mwalker said:

DT  N.Gallimore
RB  J.Dobbins
RB  J.Taylor
OT  L.Niang
OL  L.Cushenberry
OL  C.Ruiz
OLB  J.Uche
OLB  B.Anae
WR  J.Reagor

Delpit
Cush
Ruiz 

That's what I'd do. Delpit is way too good to pass up. I bet he "slips" to the high teens or early 20s. I don't think he makes it anywhere near 49, if he does I don't even hesitate. Cush and Ruiz are really close to me. I like Cushenberry's upside. You can't teach size like his. Ruiz is a powerhouse, though. 

I'm not really in love with any of the earlier round DTs. I don't see the snaps being available to make the pick worth it. 

8 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Delpit
Cush
Ruiz 

That's what I'd do. Delpit is way too good to pass up. I bet he "slips" to the high teens or early 20s. I don't think he makes it anywhere near 49, if he does I don't even hesitate. Cush and Ruiz are really close to me. I like Cushenberry's upside. You can't teach size like his. Ruiz is a powerhouse, though. 

I'm not really in love with any of the earlier round DTs. I don't see the snaps being available to make the pick worth it. 

yea, I see that.  Gallimore is just different.  He is the closest Hargrave clone to Hargrave, TBH.  And, IDK about Uche, he seems like a matchup dude that could be an early round run stuffer/blitzer and a matchup Barron-type ILB on 3rd down.  He is not an Edge to me, he is more of an off-ball LB.

I'm just trying to find impact players at 2.49.  I love Cush/Ruiz/Naing, but none are going to play in 2020.  I, myself, would rather grab Biadasz/Simpson/Peart at 3.102.

5 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think Ruiz and Cush start at LG by the end of next year, at the latest. It wouldn't surprise me that they win the job out of camp. Wiz isn't good enough to start. I don't really think Chuks nor Banner are guys that alter the draft plans. 

That is interesting.  I don't get the same feeling, especially with how the organization feels about rookies.  I mean, special dudes like DDC that fell are different, IMO.  I just don't get that same vibe with Ruiz or Cush.

I def think the plan is to shift Feiler inside and have Chuks/Banner at RT.  I thought Chuks did well the Rams game, and he has to at least have a real shot being a 3rd rounder.

I really think Niang is more of an option than Ruiz/Cush in that scenario.  He could win the RT spot or LG, TBH.

Either way, I would not be surprised or angry with either of them in Pitt.  Just not what I would do, with the prospects listed above.  Even if Delpit is gone... 

• Like 1

if they want a RB they need to

55 minutes ago, kurgan said:

At #49, I am looking for guys to help us this year/2021.  We have to win in this window.  I don't like Dobbins or Taylor for us, TBH.  If Swift were there, he would be my #2 most likely.

1) Delpit.  All day.

2) Reagor

3) Uche/Gallimore

4) Cush/Niang

Blacklock, Taylor, Mims/Reagor, Niang for me.   1 of those 5 will fall to 49.

16 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

if they want a RB they need to

Blacklock, Taylor, Mims/Reagor, Niang for me.   1 of those 5 will fall to 49.

Interesting.  Are you out on Delpit??  What does Blacklock do that we don't already have/Gallimore does??

I know it may not be popular, but I would NOT like the Taylor pick.  High milage, needs to be workhorse, no help on 3rd down. He would be a good option if we were going back to the Willie Parker/Bell days of a bellcow back, but I can't see him working with Connor/Snell/Samuels.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kurgan said:

Interesting.  Are you out on Delpit??  What does Blacklock do that we don't already have/Gallimore does??

I know it may not be popular, but I would NOT like the Taylor pick.  High milage, needs to be workhorse, no help on 3rd down. He would be a good option if we were going back to the Willie Parker/Bell days of a bellcow back, but I can't see him working with Connor/Snell/Samuels.

I see your point with Taylor and I kind of agree. That’s why I really like Akers. He can do everything well and can function in a committee in 2020 and lead back with Snell as the backup in 2021.

I’m not out on Snell. If he can have an offseason like Bell did after his rookie year he could really take a step forward next season. Aka lean out a bunch to improve agility and work on his receiving ability.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, kurgan said:

Wow, I have no idea what the first part I managed to quote was.  weird.

anyways, I like Delpit but I don't see him falling.   Teams are going to look at the difference Minkah made for us and re-realize how important a good S can be.  If anything I think he gets drafted higher than projected.  If he's there I'd absolutely put him in the mix, but there's no way I could draft him over  Mims/Reagor  or Blacklock,  all of whow would be big year 1 contributors.

• Like 1