Running backs !!!!

Gibster16226

On 4/1/2020 at 2:45 PM, AlanFanecaFan said:

Villy, Feiler and Banner are all FAs after this season...My guess is that the Steelers will try not to replace more than1 guy unless necessary....I’m guessing as of now  Villy and Feiler are kept around.

Conner is also a FA IIRC...my guess is that it comes down to how they view Snell long term.

If Conner is hurt again this yeat, he is going to have to take a cheap deal wherever he goes.   I wouldnt even be completely shocked if he retired.

Even if he stays healthy and has a nice year, I cant see him getting a huge deal from anyone.  I think the Gurley and Bell contract disasters will really change how teams approach contracts with RBs going forward.

We need help at RB.   Snell is a decent depth guy at best.  Im not saying we MUST take RB early, but I support using our 2nd or 3rd on one if the talent is there.  At worst, it gives is a nice rotation for 2020 and allows us to focus on other things next year, even if we lose Conner.

Just depends how the draft falls.  I support BPA for the most part.  We need help almost everywhere.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SlevinKelevra said:

Wow, I have no idea what the first part I managed to quote was.  weird.

anyways, I like Delpit but I don't see him falling.   Teams are going to look at the difference Minkah made for us and re-realize how important a good S can be.  If anything I think he gets drafted higher than projected.  If he's there I'd absolutely put him in the mix, but there's no way I could draft him over  Mims/Reagor  or Blacklock,  all of whow would be big year 1 contributors.

I see Delpit as a 'run to the podium guy' IMO.  There is no way I don't put him #1 with those guys present.  If Winfield/Chinn/Dugger get overdrafted, I could see him there.

I still don't get the fascination with Blacklock.  I mean, he is good, but he is not a NT, and he is not better than Hewyard or Tuitt, so I don't understand how he is going to play early.  I see a 4-3 3 tech, not a NT or DE.  MAYBE, I could see him as a subpackage guy, but he still won't play more than 15% of the snaps, best case.

Of course, one could argue that ANY one at 49 is looking at a 15% ceiling.  Reagor and Mims would be about there as well (injuries not withstanding).

40 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Hargraves was not a classic NT. Blacklock, Madubuike and Gallimore are about the same as Hargraves

Gallimore reminds me a ton of Hargrave. While not the sexiest pick I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we select him if he is still there.

OK... Gallimore is like Hargrave.  Best as an even front 1 or 3 tech, we will pigeonhole him as the nose in base, and he will get some snaps in subpackage when Heyward/Tuitt need a break.  I can see that.  I don't agree with it, but I can see it.  We need a NT, he might be the best one that we have a chance at.  Wouldn't be a perfect fit, but he can get base snaps, and some subpackage, if he can beat out Alualu, Buggs and Wormley.

Blacklock reminds me of Gerald McCoy.... he would suck as a nose.  Subpackage snaps would be rare, as I am not as impressed with his arsenal.  Gallimore, to me, is a more refined prospect.

Regardless, as a 0 tech nose in base formation, all of these guys would have challenges.  Not saying its not possible, depends on if you think these guys can do what Hargrave did.  Plus, you have to think that Wormley is part of the answer there...

I'm going back to something me and @Chieferific talked about in my mock draft post... we better start looking at ILB/SS/FS depth.  If you line up a mock nickel or dime formation right now, you have a big question mark at the other ILB with Bush.  You are asking VWill do to the impossible, or UG3 to step up in a big way, unless you get a ILB or SS type to play the Barron role.  That is so much a bigger need right now than another DL.  I mean, if you want to talk about available snaps, we are in nickel most of the time and Barron played 61% of snaps.  We have no one for him right now.  I think part of the answer might be a guy like Josh Uche, or a SS type like K'Von Wallace.  Chinn is really good there, but does not, at all, fit the makeup of a Steeler pick.  Delpit answers the question by making Edmunds or Minkah more flexible.

• Like 1