Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gibster16226

Running backs !!!!

Recommended Posts

I like Clyde.
He's not my favorite in the class though.
I still think Taylor and Dobbins are better, all around players.
I also like me some Cam Akers. 
But I wouldn't be unhappy with any of the top five backs at 49.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They currently have holes on OL(depends where they see Feiler playing), Nose, S depth, LB depth at both spots.

A RB at 49 is possible...someone will fall.

Still think they sign 1 more cheap vet somewhere on defense.

Sneaky possibility is more of a strictly LT prospect with Villy gonna be 32 by end of year and a FA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

They currently have holes on OL(depends where they see Feiler playing), Nose, S depth, LB depth at both spots.

A RB at 49 is possible...someone will fall.

Still think they sign 1 more cheap vet somewhere on defense.

Sneaky possibility is more of a strictly LT prospect with Villy gonna be 32 by end of year and a FA.

L.Niang will likely be there. He's a monster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still think it rb at pick 49 ,  there are like 6 goods ones ,  and one if not a couple will be there , after that it drops off a bit ,  and with the uncertainty of connor with his injuries, and the jury is still out on Snell,  I think we gotta grab rb at 49 !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all for Akers but as I think @jebrick suggested, they prolly aren't gonna keep 4 RBs.  Connor isn't getting cut.  They just drafted Snell and Samuels has shown enough (imo) to stay on the roster.  They could have moved Samuels to that H-Back/Move FB role but that's what Watt was signed for.  As much as I'd love to add one of these guys, I don't see it happening.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mwalker said:

L.Niang will likely be there. He's a monster.

That’s what I’ve heard, haven’t looked at him yet.

The Pro Day Visits by Tomlin and Colbert always have us a pretty good idea on who they were gonna take...something like 9/10 1st rounders I the last 10 years,  one of them was at that Pro Day.

While I still think a RB makes the most year 1 impact, nothing wrong with going OL, especially if they’re C/OGcapsble or abl to hold down LT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chieferific said:

I'm all for Akers but as I think @jebrick suggested, they prolly aren't gonna keep 4 RBs.  Connor isn't getting cut.  They just drafted Snell and Samuels has shown enough (imo) to stay on the roster.  They could have moved Samuels to that H-Back/Move FB role but that's what Watt was signed for.  As much as I'd love to add one of these guys, I don't see it happening.  

They had 4 last year. Conner, Snell, Samuels, and White. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigben07MVP said:

They had 4 last year. Conner, Snell, Samuels, and White. 

All game time active?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

All game time active?

the last 6 games of last year we had 4 rbs actvie on game day. 2 of the games we had 5 rbs active. With the game day roster being expanded a couple spots i could see 4 active on game day if we draft a rookie on day 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We ain't  very strong  at running back , that's what I'm thinking , at 49 should be a complementary back to help connor or if he gets hurt , cause he is injury prone , so my opinion  is we need a back !!!   And there could be some good one at 49

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

the last 6 games of last year we had 4 rbs actvie on game day. 2 of the games we had 5 rbs active. With the game day roster being expanded a couple spots i could see 4 active on game day if we draft a rookie on day 2

So 4 RBs and Watt?  Maybe.  I've said since day 1 I'd take Akers (depending on other available players).  I'm just not sure that's what THEY are thinking.  However, they did visit with Akers and Moss.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

They also had a formal interview with Edwards- Helaire rb from LSU and  Dobbins from ohio state !!!!

Edited by Gibster16226

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Gibster16226 said:

They also had a formal interview with Edwards- Helaire rb from LSU and  Dobbins from ohio state !!!!

He Lauren is also only 21...Tomlin and Colbert seem to favor younger players as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×