Sign in to follow this  
Gibster16226

Running backs !!!!

I like Clyde.
He's not my favorite in the class though.
I still think Taylor and Dobbins are better, all around players.
I also like me some Cam Akers. 
But I wouldn't be unhappy with any of the top five backs at 49.

They currently have holes on OL(depends where they see Feiler playing), Nose, S depth, LB depth at both spots.

A RB at 49 is possible...someone will fall.

Still think they sign 1 more cheap vet somewhere on defense.

Sneaky possibility is more of a strictly LT prospect with Villy gonna be 32 by end of year and a FA.

48 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

They currently have holes on OL(depends where they see Feiler playing), Nose, S depth, LB depth at both spots.

A RB at 49 is possible...someone will fall.

Still think they sign 1 more cheap vet somewhere on defense.

Sneaky possibility is more of a strictly LT prospect with Villy gonna be 32 by end of year and a FA.

L.Niang will likely be there. He's a monster.

Still think it rb at pick 49 ,  there are like 6 goods ones ,  and one if not a couple will be there , after that it drops off a bit ,  and with the uncertainty of connor with his injuries, and the jury is still out on Snell,  I think we gotta grab rb at 49 !!

I'm all for Akers but as I think @jebrick suggested, they prolly aren't gonna keep 4 RBs.  Connor isn't getting cut.  They just drafted Snell and Samuels has shown enough (imo) to stay on the roster.  They could have moved Samuels to that H-Back/Move FB role but that's what Watt was signed for.  As much as I'd love to add one of these guys, I don't see it happening.  

5 hours ago, mwalker said:

L.Niang will likely be there. He's a monster.

That’s what I’ve heard, haven’t looked at him yet.

The Pro Day Visits by Tomlin and Colbert always have us a pretty good idea on who they were gonna take...something like 9/10 1st rounders I the last 10 years,  one of them was at that Pro Day.

While I still think a RB makes the most year 1 impact, nothing wrong with going OL, especially if they’re C/OGcapsble or abl to hold down LT.

2 hours ago, Chieferific said:

I'm all for Akers but as I think @jebrick suggested, they prolly aren't gonna keep 4 RBs.  Connor isn't getting cut.  They just drafted Snell and Samuels has shown enough (imo) to stay on the roster.  They could have moved Samuels to that H-Back/Move FB role but that's what Watt was signed for.  As much as I'd love to add one of these guys, I don't see it happening.  

They had 4 last year. Conner, Snell, Samuels, and White. 

Just now, bigben07MVP said:

They had 4 last year. Conner, Snell, Samuels, and White. 

All game time active?

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

All game time active?

the last 6 games of last year we had 4 rbs actvie on game day. 2 of the games we had 5 rbs active. With the game day roster being expanded a couple spots i could see 4 active on game day if we draft a rookie on day 2

We ain't  very strong  at running back , that's what I'm thinking , at 49 should be a complementary back to help connor or if he gets hurt , cause he is injury prone , so my opinion  is we need a back !!!   And there could be some good one at 49

46 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

the last 6 games of last year we had 4 rbs actvie on game day. 2 of the games we had 5 rbs active. With the game day roster being expanded a couple spots i could see 4 active on game day if we draft a rookie on day 2

So 4 RBs and Watt?  Maybe.  I've said since day 1 I'd take Akers (depending on other available players).  I'm just not sure that's what THEY are thinking.  However, they did visit with Akers and Moss.  

Posted (edited)

They also had a formal interview with Edwards- Helaire rb from LSU and  Dobbins from ohio state !!!!

Edited by Gibster16226

21 hours ago, Gibster16226 said:

They also had a formal interview with Edwards- Helaire rb from LSU and  Dobbins from ohio state !!!!

He Lauren is also only 21...Tomlin and Colbert seem to favor younger players as well.