Running backs !!!!

Gibster16226

2 minutes ago, kurgan said:

I am partial to Swift myself... not only as a UGA supporter, but he is a true bellcow back that has a mean deadleg, can catch out of the backfield, homerun speed and is an underclassman.

I thought a knock on Swift is that he was never a true bellcow at UGA. He reminds me of Josh Jacobs, I would love to draft him and a lot of mocks have him going Mid 2nd round now. Him and Conner would be deadly.

4 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I thought a knock on Swift is that he was never a true bellcow at UGA. He reminds me of Josh Jacobs, I would love to draft him and a lot of mocks have him going Mid 2nd round now. Him and Conner would be deadly.

Never had to be.  Broke in with Chubb/Michel, then worked with Holyfield, then Herrian/White this year.

UGA is a big on not requiring a true bellcow guy.  There is always more than one back that can tote the mail.

Scheme fit would be my only issue with Swift here.  We run more of a Pin/Pull power scheme and he is a zone guy.  But, that is not to say that we are spread anyway, and he can be a gamebreaker.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 8:18 AM, AlanFanecaFan said:

They currently have holes on OL(depends where they see Feiler playing), Nose, S depth, LB depth at both spots.

A RB at 49 is possible...someone will fall.

Still think they sign 1 more cheap vet somewhere on defense.

Sneaky possibility is more of a strictly LT prospect with Villy gonna be 32 by end of year and a FA.

I think AV gets a two year extension. I see him being handled similarly to Foster.

LT is certainly possible, but Im thinking RB as well.  They are trying to make Ben's job easier, and a RB can have a huge impact immediately.    Almost any OT will take time to develop, so I think it would have to be a prospect they love.

Truth is, outside of QB, I probably wouldnt be shocked to see us draft any position with our first pick.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I think AV gets a two year extension. I see him being handled similarly to Foster.

LT is certainly possible, but Im thinking RB as well.  They are trying to make Ben's job easier, and a RB can have a huge impact immediately.    Almost any OT will take time to develop, so I think it would have to be a prospect they love.

Truth is, outside of QB, I probably wouldnt be shocked to see us draft any position with our first pick.

I agree. I think the FO has yet again done a good job of plugging needs in FA. I would argue that an interior O-linemen is more necessary than an OT, though.  

Just now, bigben07MVP said:

I see you creeping on the 2nd round RB hype train @FourThreeMafia all are welcome!!

@kurgan unrelated but how is Dalvin’s little brother looking? I was devastated when he de-committed from FSU but haven’t followed him at all since. 

I'm moving toward joining the hype train. Depending on how the board fell, of course. 

6 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm moving toward joining the hype train. Depending on how the board fell, of course. 

If Swift or Taylor are on the board it’s a no brainer in my opinion. There’s no one else in that range that could make even close to an immediate impact than either one of them would make. 

46 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

If Swift or Taylor are on the board it’s a no brainer in my opinion. There’s no one else in that range that could make even close to an immediate impact than either one of them would make. 

i think the top 5 rbs are all top 50 on a big board. That would make an of them proper value at the pick. There may be a much better value at another position depending on who falls but there will be more than just 2 rbs worth taking at 49. IMO i think taylor, dobbins, and akers are better fits than swift even though swift may be the best of the bunch

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

I see you creeping on the 2nd round RB hype train @FourThreeMafia all are welcome!!

@kurgan unrelated but how is Dalvin’s little brother looking? I was devastated when he de-committed from FSU but haven’t followed him at all since. 

I too am getting OK with the selection of a RB... not happy, but as long as S is addressed at some point...

He is OK... been stifled by chances.  Swift, Holyfield, Herrian, White, MacIntosh are all good RBs.  He is different in that he is a speed guy, and he has not broken out yet.

Would think that this would his year though... him and White are a good tandem.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I agree.

It they believe the defense is pretty much on par with last years Def, it wouldn’t surprise me to see them go back to Cower Power(to an extent). Having multiple backs who can carry the load is necessary.

As of right now, I’m guessing the pick is an OL or RB.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

I agree.

It they believe the defense is pretty much on par with last years Def, it wouldn’t surprise me to see them go back to Cower Power(to an extent). Having multiple backs who can carry the load is necessary.

As of right now, I’m guessing the pick is an OL or RB.

I agree those are the most likely, but I wouldnt be shocked by CB, ILB or DT either.

I wouldnt be entirely shocked to see us trade down if the opportunity presents itself.

6 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I agree those are the most likely, but I wouldnt be shocked by CB, ILB or DT either.

I wouldnt be entirely shocked to see us trade down if the opportunity presents itself.

I can understand every position save for CB/QB/TE.

I have weird feeling if anything they might trade up at some point...wether that’s somewhere between 49 and 102 or even into early rd 2.

1 hour ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

I can understand every position save for CB/QB/TE.

I have weird feeling if anything they might trade up at some point...wether that’s somewhere between 49 and 102 or even into early rd 2.

This is where I am as well.  I mean, I have been pounding the table for a S, but I can see wants all over the place.  I could literally see any position picked, with the exception of the 3 you mentioned. I think it has to be an instant impact guy TBH with our short window, which means RB/WR/LB to me, but I can see an elite OL/S/Edge/DL that is falling being the pick.

I can def see a trade up... knowing we will have 3 comp picks next year will bolster us to jump up.  I can really see an extra pick in the 80s-90s TBH... Not necessarily a trade up in the sense that we want to keep 102, but a pick buy of next years 4 and 6 and maybe a player for a 90's.