Since I’m bored let’s look @ why Fletcher should be in the HoF

turtle28

4 hours ago, Canuck said:

Superbowls: Lewis 2 - 1 Fletcher

SB MVPs: Lewis 1 - 0 Fletcher

Pro Bowls: Lewis 13 - 4 Fletcher

1st Team All-Pro: Lewis 7 - 0 Fletcher

DPOY: Lewis 2 - 0 Fletcher

This is a loaded thing, because often times with Pro Bowls and All-Pros it comes down to name and team performance as a whole. London toiled away in Buffalo and then in Washington. ILB is one of those positions that often goes to the most recognizable name and since Baltimore was a new franchise and was achieving decently, Lewis got the nod.

London was far more durable too.

• Like 2

London deserves it!!! But if he maybe gets a healthy RG maybe just maybe he goes out with alittle more noise because he was still playing way better football then Ray for the last 5 or 6 seasons. And I’m not talking numbers I’m talking about watching them on the field. London looked young and had way better instincts. Ray when he was elite was the best player in the league for 3 or so years and his level of play in that run was the best ever from that position. Ray deserves everything he got!!! But London deserves a lot more then what he got!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Canuck said:

Superbowls: Lewis 2 - 1 Fletcher

SB MVPs: Lewis 1 - 0 Fletcher

Pro Bowls: Lewis 13 - 4 Fletcher

1st Team All-Pro: Lewis 7 - 0 Fletcher

DPOY: Lewis 2 - 0 Fletcher

Let’s be clear, the point isn’t that Fletcher is as good or better then Ray Lewis bc he wasn’t, the point is that w/ the production that London Fletcher had and how closely it matches to what some consider the best MLB of all time - Ray Lewis - London Fletcher should be in the Hall of Fame.

I'm a big London to Hall of Fame guy.Upset me that Zach Thomas was really close to getting in this year and London don't even make a cut,Love Zach (Besides that year he was a Cowgirl) but the voting seems more of a popularity contest with who the writers liked covering more at times then voting best players in.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I'm a big London to Hall of Fame guy.Upset me that Zach Thomas was really close to getting in this year and London don't even make a cut,Love Zach (Besides that year he was a Cowgirl) but the voting seems more of a popularity contest with who the writers liked covering more at times then voting best players in.

Yeah if Ray Lewis is in, Zach Thomas should be as well.  He was the generational talent before Lewis. and was the first to start to revolutionize the MLB position  Sadly, I think Fletcher and to a lesser extent Thomas, may have to rely on the veteran's committee to get them in at a later date.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

This is a loaded thing, because often times with Pro Bowls and All-Pros it comes down to name and team performance as a whole. London toiled away in Buffalo and then in Washington. ILB is one of those positions that often goes to the most recognizable name and since Baltimore was a new franchise and was achieving decently, Lewis got the nod.

London was far more durable too.

I agree with Pro Bowls (and the HOF to a lesser degree) being a popularity contest. Ray was an Oscar-worthy hype man in the huddle, and he had his trademark entrance dance like a WWE wrestler. The idea of Ray Lewis was bigger than Ray Lewis the player.

I definitely think London is HOF-worthy. The man just showed up to work and did his job for 15 seasons. He was essentially the Frank Gore of MLBs. No flash, no dances, etc. Just production.

I just think it's foolish to compare two players based on 3 stats and say they're equal lol

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Canuck said:

I agree with Pro Bowls (and the HOF to a lesser degree) being a popularity contest. Ray was an Oscar-worthy hype man in the huddle, and he had his trademark entrance dance like a WWE wrestler. The idea of Ray Lewis was bigger than Ray Lewis the player.

I definitely think London is HOF-worthy. The man just showed up to work and did his job for 15 seasons. He was essentially the Frank Gore of MLBs. No flash, no dances, etc. Just production.

I just think it's foolish to compare two players based on 3 stats and say they're equal lol

Great post.  The difference in the personas between each player is huge, and a key difference between them.  Folks remember Lewis for all of the flash still.  Fletcher is remembered by us for the team misspelling his name on the Ring of Honor induction. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

cant compare them

Lewis lead elite defenses

Well he and Ed Reed did. Just like any great player, you’re not a great winner w/o having other good & great players around you. It’s not London’s fault he didn’t have as good of players around him as Ray usually did.

The Hall of Fame is for individual accomplishment. 

London should be remembered for also being an iron man for his entire career in arguably the most physically demanding player in the NFL, something Lewis certainly wasn’t. London beats Lewis in that area and certainly in character.

You put that w/ London’s personal production and he should be in the Hall.

Edited by turtle28