Round by Round Mock (you make the pick RD 5 page 7)

squire12

1. Laviska Shenault, WR, home run swing

2. J.K. Dobbins, RB, BPA, offensive weapon, both RB's are free agents after this year

3. Matt Hennessy, IOL, Linsley succession plan

4. Saadhiq Charles, OT, Wagner or (worst case scenario) Bakhtiari succession plan

The defense has room for improvement, but let's score some points these next couple of years. 

Let's move on to round 5.    Make your pick from the players listed or add someone you feel might be on the board (ideally someone you are higher on than the majority so you are not getting crazy value in round 5).   Comments on why along with who you selected from round 1, 2, 3 and 4.

I selected Ross Blacklock in Round 1.

I selected Donovan Peoples Jones in round 2

I selectec Tyler Biadasz in round 3.  He was still on the board in this mock.  

I selected Saadhiq Charles in round 4.  Developmental OT, has the feet and movement skills, needs to add some bulk

I selected Jacob Phillips in round 5. 

OPTIONS for round 5

James Morgan --  QB

Josh Kelley --  RB

Darrynton Evans -- RB

Antonio Gibson -- RB

Devin Asiasi -- TE

Harrison Hand -- CB

Reggie Robinson -- CB

John Reid -- CB

AJ Green -- CB

Raequan Williams -- IDL

DJ Wonnum -- EDGE

Jacob Phillips -- LB

-------------------------------------------

Prior round options

1 2 3 4 5
30 62 94 136 175

Austin Jackson Donovan Peoples Jones Matt Peart Anthony McFarland James Morgan
Neville Gallimore Van Jefferson Ben Bartch Eno Benjamin Josh Kelley
Ross Blacklock Devin Duvernay Tyler Biadasz Saadhiq Charles Darrynton Evans
Justin Madubuike KJ Hill Matt Hennessy Darrly Williams Antonio Gibson
Yetur Gross-Matos JK Dobbins KJ Hill Johathan Garvin Devin Asiasi
AJ Apenesa Cole Kmet Adam Trautman Jordan Brooks Harrison Hand
Jeff Gladney Marlon Davidson Troy Dye Dane Jackson Reggie Robinson
Lavishka Shenault Jaylon Johnson Malik Harrison JR Reed John Reid
Jalen Reagor Kyle Dugger Kyle Dugger Brandon Jones Raequan Williams
    Terrell Burgess   DJ Wonnum
    Jeremy Chin   Jacob Phillips
        AJ Green

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2020 at 11:31 AM, JQ1 said:

1.  Xavier McKinney, S From the players listed, Ross Blacklock, DT. shore up the D-Line   

2. Jaylon Johnson, CB Contingency plan if Kevin King leaves via free agency, or Josh Jackson continues to flatline

3. Alex Taylor, OT if he's still on the board. From the players listed,  Matt Peart, OT. Green Bay gets an RT of the future.

4--> I still haven’t drafted a WR, so Lynn Bowden is the pick. The comparison to Cobb is natural, but this guy plays with more nasty, something the Packers need. Of the players listed I’d go with Eno Benjamin at RB, who  would be a nice hedge should Aaron Jones leave via FA.

5.  Devin Asiasi, the best player still on the board, I think.  He’s an ascending talent at TE and will continue to improve.  I considered writing in McTelvin Agim here, but I'll wait until round 6 and see if he's still available.

Edited by JQ1

I'm late to the party here but i tried to look at this round-by-round without looking ahead and I'm sticking strictly with the available players listed rather than going off-board .  My picks through rnd 5:

1: Xavier McKinney (although Winfield is appealing).   Simply best player on the board imo.   Gladney would have received consideration but at 24 yrs old I'm going to lean to the younger player.    Sullivan/Redmond/Greene/Campbell are serviceable players but I think there's little doubting that McKinney is a massive upgrade and there's a lot of available snaps between those players.   A few years ago I would have dismissed a third safety with Amos and Savage already locked in as starters but that extra DB is such an integral part of game planning now.   I'm just not that high on Blacklock or any non-Kinlaw/Brown DL.  Reagor imo would be a great choice but I'm going to rely on 20 yrs of draft history and say it's unlikely the Pack goes the WR route, especially for a player I think has a ceiling as a #2.

2: JK Dobbins  Of the available list - Dobbins and J Johnson are the only two I really see as 2nd round talents.   I'm going to go with clear BPA here and avoid the fan base rioting going S/CB #1/#2.    I'm also going to dismiss the thought that 2nd rnd is too high for a RB.    I like Jamaal Williams as much as anyone but he's well suited as a #3 back for some team.   Dobbins is simply younger, significantly more explosive and a great fit for a zone one-cut team.   Could easily pair with Jones playing on the field together putting a lot of stress on a defense.  There's no guarantee I could land a Moss, Akers, D Evans later in the draft so I get my weapon here

3: Matt Peart  Biadasz is intriguing but not sure how he fits in the zone scheme?  He might just be too good of a "football player" to care about testing numbers or scheme fit.  Regardless, I'm going Peart as I feel he would make a great swing tackle year 1 and has the potential to play LT starting year 2 if Bakhtiari can't be retained.  Hennessy and Hill are the only 2 I'm not interested in off this list but also dismissing the safeties as I landed McKinney in rnd 1.    If I thought Dugger and/or Chinn would be available at this point in the draft perhaps it changes my #1 choice?

4: Jordyn Brooks  Would have preferred a LB without the coverage questions Brooks has and I'm not sure he's best suited as a 3-4 MLB having to take on blocks but he's the best player by far imo on the list of available choices.   A team could do worse than replacing a perennial tackle leader with coverage liabilities in Martinez with a potential perennial tackle leader with coverage issues in Brooks.     I'm not high on Charles -- between character issues and having giving up more than 20 pressures per season over the last 3 years.   He has some physical skills but he has a lot of maturing to do and will he be dedicated enough to clean up obvious flaws against better/stronger/faster talent?

5: Antonio Gibson  I'm eliminating title of WR or RB and just selecting an offensive weapon.   Big upgrade over Ervin (although with expanded rosters there's room for both).  Lot of good choices on the board here in the 5th.  Morgan and Asiasi are tough to pass on.  Evans and Kelley are redundant to Dobbins and not nearly as complete players anyway.    Robinson could be a good fit and Reid I think is very underrated (he looked so good in the Combine drills too).   Ultimately, this team needs offensive weapons and we got an explosive one in Gibson.

Concerned through this point in the draft I don't have a pure WR or another DL but going rnd by rnd I like the BPA's and talent added to the roster.

Lol - I broke my rule 1st rnd by selecting McKinney :)    Otherwise stuck to listed board....

Edited by Kampfgeist
  • Like 1