Your franchise All-Time Team?

notthatbluestuff

56 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

That's how I'd roll with it. Added in HC as well and got Jared Allen on the team still :D

We agree with the HC.  I had Bud at the top.  I just don't see Randle over Millard though.  Millard was bigger, stronger, faster, quicker off the snap, and overall just a more dynamic player.  He did have the benefit of playing with another HOF'er next to him with Chris Doleman, but I always thought Millard was than Doleman too.  IMO, he is the second best defensive lineman in the history of the franchise behind only Alan Page. 

17 hours ago, Pugger said:

I'm surprised you didn't have Luckman as your QB Halas as your best all time HC.

Because as I said, I was only listing those that I have actually watched. Halas would obviously be the #1 coach but I was sticking to my criteria. 

Edited by JustAnotherFan

On 4/2/2020 at 5:21 PM, Elky said:

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Sam Cunningham
RB: Kevin Faulk
WR: Julian Edelman
WR: Stanley Morgan
TE: Rob Gronkowski
LT: Bruce Armstrong
LG: John Hannah
C: Jon Harris
RG: Logan Mankins
RT: Matt Light

DE: Andre Tippett
DT: Richard Seymour
DT:
DE: Willie McGinest
LB: Tedy Bruschi
LB: Dont'a Hightower
LB:
CB: Mike Haynes
FS: Devin McCourty
SS: Rodney Harrison
CB: Ty Law

K: Adam Vinatieri
P:

HC: Bill Belichick

Don't know why you don't have Vince Wilfork on your team, but whatever. 

To not have Curtis Martin at RB1 is just laughable.  

Had 28 TDs in his first two years at New England. Yes, he was primarily with New York, but it's just dumb to think that New England had any other RB that was better.  

17 hours ago, john305 said:

QB: Dan Marino *HOF

HB: Ricky Williams

FB: Larry Csonka *HOF

WR: Paul Warfield *HOF

WR: Mark Clayton

TE: Randy McMichael

LT: Richmond Webb

LG: Bob Kuechenberg

C: Dwight Stephenson *HOF

RG: Larry Little *HOF

RT: Jake Long

RE: Jason Taylor *HOF

DT: Tim Bowens

DT: Bob Baumhower

LE: Cameron Wake

LB: Nick Buoniconti *HOF

LB: Zach Thomas

LB: John Offerdal

CB: Sam Madison

CB: Patrick Surtain

FS: Minkah Fitzpatrick

SS: **** Anderson--Hmm Richard?

K: Olindo Mare

P: Reggie Roby

ST: Wes Welker

Coach: Don Shula

I would include Manny Fernandez somewhere in there.  

He was a beast for Miami in the 70s. 

Fernandez was a major contributor to their Super Bowl run in 72.  

19 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Don't know why you don't have Vince Wilfork on your team, but whatever. 

To not have Curtis Martin at RB1 is just laughable.  

Had 28 TDs in his first two years at New England. Yes, he was primarily with New York, but it's just dumb to think that New England had any other RB that was better.  

I excluded Martin strictly because he is identified with the Jets.

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Because as I said, I was only listing those that I have actually watched. Halas would obviously be the #1 coach but I was sticking to my criteria. 

OIC

I'm kinda old so I remember Halas and Lombardi but not Luckman.   ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

No Ditka?!?!??!  Come on!

I knew I would get flack for this.

Ditka is overrated. That SB team was built before he got there and they should've won more than one. Granted, McCaskey was a DB but Ditka was an ahole and also played a big part in why they never repeated.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I knew I would get flack for this.

Ditka is overrated. That SB team was built before he got there and they should've won more than one. Granted, McCaskey was a DB but Ditka was an ahole and also played a big part in why they never repeated.

Are you sure?  Ditka was hired as head coach in 1982 and they went 3-6.  (I think that may have been the strike-shortened season).  Legend has it that he told the team "give me three years" and after that they went 8-8 in 1983, then 10-6 in 1984, and finally the hallowed 1985 season where they went 15-1.  You know Bears history better than I do, but just looking at the records it looks like Ditka built that great team from a bad team to possibly the best ever. 

Like I said though, you know the Bears better than I do and you are certainly entitled to your opinion.  I just love the whole Chicago/Ditka aura that came with the '85 season. 

18 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Are you sure?  Ditka was hired as head coach in 1982 and they went 3-6.  (I think that may have been the strike-shortened season).  Legend has it that he told the team "give me three years" and after that they went 8-8 in 1983, then 10-6 in 1984, and finally the hallowed 1985 season where they went 15-1.  You know Bears history better than I do, but just looking at the records it looks like Ditka built that great team from a bad team to possibly the best ever. 

Like I said though, you know the Bears better than I do and you are certainly entitled to your opinion.  I just love the whole Chicago/Ditka aura that came with the '85 season. 

Long story short. Buddy Ryan was already in the midst of building a defense surrounded by his revolutionary 4-6 defense before Ditka came into the picture. the lockout and injuries derailed the idea but it didn't stop him. He spent 4-5 years getting players like Singletary, Wilson, Jeff fisher(yes that fisher(worked out on ST), McMicheal, and a couple others who I can't think of at the moment were all there before Ditka showed up. Combine this with Payton and the center (forget his name too) and all of them played a pivotal role in the SB championship. 

Now this is just my opinion, but this is why Ditka and Ryan didn't really get along at time. I say my opinion because both of them have grown up and reconciled or whatever, but I still think Ditka didn't like the idea of Ryan getting more credit than him from the meda and fans at the time.

The one big thing I will give him credit till this day was how he handled the 1985 and 89 seasons when seemingly all of his starters held out to start the year. He still made it work.   

Edited by JustAnotherFan

7 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

I would include Manny Fernandez somewhere in there.  

He was a beast for Miami in the 70s. 

Fernandez was a major contributor to their Super Bowl run in 72.  

My boy Tim Bowens is the best run stuffing DT in Dolphins history as well as space eater imo and I felt Baumhower was just as good a run stuffer as Fernandez and offered more as a pass rusher considering he had an 8 sack season from the NT position. 

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Curtis Martin
RB: Kevin Faulk
WR: Julian Edelman
WR: Randy Moss
TE: Rob Gronkowski
LT: Bruce Armstrong
LG: John Hannah
C: Jon Harris
RG: Logan Mankins
RT: Leon Gray

DE: Andre Tippett
DT: Richard Seymour
DT: Vince Wilfolk
DE: Willie McGinest
LB: Tedy Bruschi
LB: Dont'a Hightower
LB: Junior Seau
CB: Mike Haynes
FS: Devin McCourty
SS: Rodney Harrison
CB: Ty Law

K: Adam Vinatieri
P: Ryan Allen

HC: Bill Belichick

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 10:59 AM, notthatbluestuff said:

Fill the slots provided with the best players from your team’s history: 

QB: Big Ben
RB: Franco Harris
RB: Jerome Bettis
WR: Hines Ward
WR: John Stallworth
TE: Eric Greene
LT: Justin Strzelczyk
LG: Alan Fanaca
C:  Dermotti Dawson (my second favorite Steeler of all time the bus is first)
RG: Ben Stai 
RT: Tunch Illkin 

DE: Joe Greene
DT: Ernie Sims
DT: Lc Greenwood
DE: Dwight White 
LB: Jack Ham
LB: Jack Lambert

LB: Gregg Lloyd (first jersey I bought when I was 16 3rd favorite Steeler)

CB: Mel Blount 
FS: Donnie Shell
SS: Troy Polamalu
CB: Rod Woodson

K: Gary Anderson
P: Josh Miller

HC: Bill Cowher