Your franchise All-Time Team?

notthatbluestuff

On 4/14/2020 at 6:49 AM, Chops013 said:

Maybe because Poz isn’t the best LB that the Jags have ever had. You could argue he’s not even top 3. 

What a dumb comment haha.

Okay, so who would YOU put above him?  

Think about the prolific and storied history of the Jacksonville Jaguars and tell me who was better than Posluszny?  

2 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Think about the prolific and storied history of the Jacksonville Jaguars and tell me who was better than Posluszny?  

Kevin Hardy for sure. I’d also put Telvin Smith over him and then you could make an argument for Daryl Smith and Mike Peterson over him as well.

4 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Kevin Hardy and Daryl Smith are two I wouldn’t even think twice about putting above him. Telvin didn’t have much longevity to his career, but he was better in the time he was here. Mike Peterson wasn’t the *name* that Poz was and didn’t have the leadership skills Poz did, but he was a far better pass defender and almost as good run defender. 

• Like 3

On 15/04/2020 at 10:54 AM, pwny said:

This is my list, except I'd put Peterson over Poz, probably Mike Smith over Del RIo at DC, and I'd entertain Barker at Punter and Walker as a starting DT. But otherwise, I'd say spot on.

Peterson is fair i guess.  I still just feel more of a connection with Poz tenure and impact overall, but wouldn't put up much of an argument otherwise.

Bryan Anger though, is simply irreplaceable.

3 hours ago, billking said:

All good picks but maybe Lyle Alzado and Greg Townsend instead of McGlockton and Russell.

Yep they are possibilities, but McGlockton was a NT really and Alzado was more a typical DE type though I suppose he could play 3T abd 3-4 end and Townsend was an OLB in 3-4 or 4-3 DE whilst Russell was an out and out penetrating 3T, he was exceptional for a few years before tragically going completely off the rails. 

I think if you're going for either Alzado or Townsend they would be in place of Ben Davidson. Or you could go Howie and Mack at DE, that would be pretty sweet too 😀 

Edited by Darbsk

On 4/17/2020 at 4:06 PM, RamblinMan99 said:

I love Poz but he's not in the top 3 LBs in Jags history.
Mike Peterson is #1.
Then the reliable Daryl Smith who did everything you can ask a LB to do. (Rush, Cover, Fill Gaps, Tackle)
Kevin Hardy rounds up the top 3.

Telvin Smith also makes a case to be ahead of Poz as he has more impact plays in less time there.