Do the Redskins do the unthinkable?

BZski

34 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Dwayne Haskins against the Packers overall: 16/27 170 yards 1 TD/1 INT. Bad but not Godforsaken

Dwayne Haskins against the Packers last drive, down 11 points with 2.5 minutes left. 6/8 for 75 yards. 1 TD/0INT.

Dwayne Haskins against the Packers without the last drive. 10/19 95 yards 0 TD/1 INT. Truly Godforsaken

+++

Dwayne Haskins against the Jets overall: 19/35 214 yards 2 TD/1 INT. Again, Bad but not Godforsaken.

Dwayne Haskins against the Jets last drive, 3:06 left, down 23 points. 3/5 for 50 yards. 1 TD

Dwayne Haskins against the Jets without the last drive: 16/30 164 yards 1 TD/1 INT Godforsaken

Great you picked 2 games. What about versus the Eagles and the Giants?

12 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Great you picked 2 games. What about versus the Eagles and the Giants?

He started 7 games and threw 7 TDs. 2 of those being bull**** matters a lot.

As far as your question. 

Eagles, just going by drive:

A punt

A 14 yard pass that McLaurin broke a tackle on and went 61 yards after contact

A 75 yard TD drive that Haskins had 24 yards passing on.

A 3 and out

A failed two minute drive ending in a punt

A 3 and out

A 75 yard TD drive that Haskins had 18 yards passing on. Admittedly he had a 23 yard run.

A 30 yard FG drive

A 9 yard FG drive

A sack fumble to ice the game for the other team. 

Giants:

You played the worst team in the league packing it up for the season. 

According to Josina Anderson she is saying several teams have contacted the Skins about a move up and one team has already given out what they are willing to give up to get the #2 pick.

Also reporting a team in the top 7 is said to be trying to contact Chase Young to have a 1 on 1 conversation. Why 7 I assume it has to be Carolina no other reason to say a top 7 team.

6 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Redskins have to do what Arizona did honestly and yes it is risky but if it pays off? God.

Take Tua, give him a year off to rest, heal, learn, adjust, etc...

People are saying the Lions won't take a rookie QB because their jobs are on the line. But I think if the Lions were smart, the owner would demand Tua, sit him a year, and give the staff some new conditions/expectations.

Edited by Tetsujin

18 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

People are saying the Lions won't take a rookie QB because their jobs are on the line. But I think if the Lions were smart, the owner would demand Tua, sit him a year, and give the staff some new conditions/expectations.

I would agree with you however Stafford is dealing with injuries, do you think its wise to try and replace him with a guy who has had an injury history at the college level?

13 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I would agree with you however Stafford is dealing with injuries, do you think its wise to try and replace him with a guy who has had an injury history at the college level?

I think Tua is worth the risk. The opportunity to get a top-tier talent at QB doesn't come along often.

56 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

I think Tua is worth the risk. The opportunity to get a top-tier talent at QB doesn't come along often.

Stafford just turned 32. He still has a good 5 years left. There are "generational" QBs every year in the draft. Lions are taking best defensive player on their board with an outside chance of an OT.

You can start looking for Staffords replacement in 3 seasons.

3 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

They aren't

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Redskins have to do what Arizona did honestly and yes it is risky but if it pays off? God.

Take Tua, give him a year off to rest, heal, learn, adjust, etc...

Why do they have to do what Arizona did? Skins have Haskins, Allen who wasnt amazing but was able to get in there and compete plus knows Riviera's idea on offense. Then you have Alex Smith who you are paying for and has had some time off to heal up, not sure where he is at in rehab and whether or not he will play again but that is still an option. The skins have a ton of needs, and are in a rebuild process. You have a defensive mind HC his specialty lines up with what Chase Young offers, you know what your going to get which is 10-12 sacks a year. Tua is injury prone. Arizona had a new offensive mind hc which rosen didnt fit his scheme. Not to mention they had a ton of issues on the oline so with a guy like rosen who is essentially a statue was getting destroyed. Murray was able to alleviate the oline issues by running around. I think the situation is completely different between the two teams. 

Just now, soflbillsfan said:

Why do they have to do what Arizona did? Skins have Haskins, Allen who wasnt amazing but was able to get in there and compete plus knows Riviera's idea on offense. Then you have Alex Smith who you are paying for and has had some time off to heal up, not sure where he is at in rehab and whether or not he will play again but that is still an option. The skins have a ton of needs, and are in a rebuild process. You have a defensive mind HC his specialty lines up with what Chase Young offers, you know what your going to get which is 10-12 sacks a year. Tua is injury prone. Arizona had a new offensive mind hc which rosen didnt fit his scheme. Not to mention they had a ton of issues on the oline so with a guy like rosen who is essentially a statue was getting destroyed. Murray was able to alleviate the oline issues by running around. I think the situation is completely different between the two teams. 

Why? Because Tua is better than Haskins. 

4 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Why? Because Tua is better than Haskins. 

its not that simple, you have no idea how it will pan out. The argument should be that Tua is better then Chase, as chase is going to be the pick at 2. The team is on a rebuild with a defensive mind hc this guy is expected to annually get 10-14 sacks a year something you just dont pass up on cause arizona did it the year before which is unheard of. New coaching staff could get something out of him that the old coaching staff couldnt. Some organizations believe it is best to build a roster and then get their qb rather then draft the qb and build after you get him. Just look how well it worked out for Seattle with the drafting of Wilson, or KC with Mahomes. Just cause there is a talented qb out there doesnt mean that its a no brainer because you think he can be better then the current qb when you have a ton of holes at other positions. 

Wouldn't it be something if the Redskins did the "unthinkable" and then the Giants did it too.

1. CIN Burrow
2. WAS Tua
3. DET Young
4. NYG Herbert

would be hilarious watching TV just be finishing up 15 or so minutes of "how could the Skins pass up Young to take Tua replacing Haskins" then Herbert replaces Daniel Jones.

I don't think either happens would just be a hilarious watch on TV.

25 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Wouldn't it be something if the Redskins did the "unthinkable" and then the Giants did it too.

1. CIN Burrow
2. WAS Tua
3. DET Young
4. NYG Herbert

would be hilarious watching TV just be finishing up 15 or so minutes of "how could the Skins pass up Young to take Tua replacing Haskins" then Herbert replaces Daniel Jones.

I don't think either happens would just be a hilarious watch on TV.

I think it would be as entertaining as two teams that are not the Dolphins or Chargers jump ahead of them and snag Herbert and Tua, I think both camps wouldnt know what to do. I would be excited to see Booger try and break down the reasoning for both Wash and NY drafting these qbs over their current ones. Dude wouldnt know what to say. Chaos would be the most entertaining thing to happen in this draft and either scenario would definitely cause this draft to meltdown

Edited by soflbillsfan
  • Like 1