Do the Redskins do the unthinkable?

BZski

The only way the Redskins take Tua, is if they get a haul from Miami on a trade down. Like #5, #18 & more....

Then the Bengals surprise & take Chase Young #1 overall.

Miami trades up & takes Burrow #2.

Detroit takes Okudah #3 &

N.Y.G. take Simmons or LT...

Then & only then could Tua be the pick @#5, while their targets are off the board.

Then knowing they could draft Trent Williams replacement or BAP @#18.

Other than that, it's gonna be Chase Young.

3 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

The only way the Redskins take Tua, is if they get a haul from Miami on a trade down. Like #5, #18 & more....

That overall post...doesn't make a lot of sense. But yeah...trading down with Miami would net the Redskins all that stuff. That's what I've been saying all along. #5, #18, 2021 second is not at all out of the question. Now, do you see why I'm saying they should consider trading down? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Then the Bengals surprise & take Chase Young #1 overall.

Miami trades up & takes Burrow #2.

Detroit takes Okudah #3 &

N.Y.G. take Simmons or LT...

Then & only then could Tua be the pick @#5, while their targets are off the board.

Then knowing they could draft Trent Williams replacement or BAP @#18.

Other than that, it's gonna be Chase Young.

I really hope the Skins take Tua now just to prove some of you smug Redskins fans wrong!

3 minutes ago, BZski said:

I really hope the Skins take Tua now just to prove some of you smug Redskins fans wrong!

If you want to believe in your mind that the Redskins are gonna take QB Tua @#2, then go ahead.

It's your right, to do so.

Nobody is being smug here...BZ

It's common sense.

We have a QB that play 8 football games last yr. 

Did not look very good early on, but improved throughout the season & looked very good in his final 2 games of the season.

We had terrible coaching on both sides of the ball & our Head coach was fired early on in the season. 

That head coach that was fired, didn't even bother to notice QB D. Haskins was even on the team.

Didn't have him practice with the 1st team units whatsoever. A QB who probably needed more practice, than any QB that was drafted with limited playing time in college.

Then one day, when the Redskins were losing & there were injuries everywhere....that same Coach decided to put that QB into the game in real time.

Probably why the coach was fired, soon after...

Dan Snyder drafted D. Haskins. 

It's his boy & Jay Gruden put Haskins in one of the worst situations I've ever witnessed. Who knows, maybe it was intentional. Or maybe Jay Gruden is an idiot.

When Snyder wanted to cleanup the culture, he wanted a strong minded & strong willed Coach who could do it.

But I'm also betting when Snyder & Rivera sat down & talked. One of the conditions in him getting hired was giving Haskins a chance.

Rivera saw promise & talent in Haskins & probably why he took the job. 

But instead of hitching his horse to Haskins, with no backup plan?

Rivera wanted an insurance policy. Someone he could have at QB, just in case Haskins does suck, or gets injured or whatever.

Someone who already knew the playbook & coaching staff. Not a Rookie, not a Tua or Burrow or even a QB that would threaten Haskins as a backup.

What does Rivera do?

He trades a 5th round pick for Carolina's QB Kyle Allen.

Who obviously started, after Cam Newton got injured. 

So, you want me to believe that after all this? That the Redskins will also add QB Tua @#2.

I guess they could, but why?

I guess we'll see.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

What does Rivera do?

He trades a 5th round pick for Carolina's QB Kyle Allen.

Who obviously started, after Cam Newton got injured. 

So, you want me to believe that after all this? That the Redskins will also add QB Tua @#2.

I guess they could, but why?

I guess we'll see.

Here's where the novel you wrote above, actually suggests the opposite. You assume the Trade for Allen was to backup Haskins.  Why can't it be to potentially start the beginning of the season IF TUA isn't ready to play?Making Allen easily replaceable when Tua is ready, allowing them to Trade Haskins ala Josh Rosen?

If anything the Allen addition works against,  not for Haskins remaining a Redskin IMO.  The real question is what they get back in return and who would "Actually Want" to trade for him instead of rolling the dice on Herbert or Love?

While Unlikely,  it's really not that far fetched. 

• Like 1

I was all over the concept of the Redskins taking a QB at 2, I thought it would actually happen. I even considered there being an outside chance that they flip Haskins for a 2nd and use it to move to the 1 spot and take Burrow, and I would have been all for it. However (and its been said already) the trade for Allen means the skins are 99% not going QB in the first round and that means its almost nailed on that they take Young, who would give them an awesome pass rush. The only possible change to this (as I see it) would be if the Bengals got tired of Joe's lack of will to play for them and they take somebody other than Borrow at the 1 spot.

Edited by GordyTheGoffer

35 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

So the Lions "luck" into Chase Young?

Let me teach you a thing or two about Lions "luck". Lions "luck" would be that the Redskins do in fact pass on Young, you see videos of Lions fans high fiving around the world (Corona virus be damned) and then ... "with the 3rd pick in the NFL draft the Detroit Lions select Jeffery Okudah, defensive back, Ohios State University".

That my friend is Lions "luck"!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Nah, just trust random media talking heads throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks instead.

You mean like last year when the Arizona Cardinals, 2 weeks prior to the draft were saying Josh Rosen is their starting QB?

2 minutes ago, BZski said:

You mean like last year when the Arizona Cardinals, 2 weeks prior to the draft were saying Josh Rosen is their starting QB?

Lol.  Big difference between this: "Is Josh Rosen our quarterback?" Keim said, repeating the question that was just posed to him. "Yeah. He is for right now, for sure."

And what Rivera said.

12 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Lol.  Big difference between this: "Is Josh Rosen our quarterback?" Keim said, repeating the question that was just posed to him. "Yeah. He is for right now, for sure."

And what Rivera said.

LOL That is pretty much the same thing! "We'll go into camp believing Dwayne Haskins is the starter". 

I get it. You are most likely right and the Redskins take Young but the obnoxious "this will never happen" attitude is a little much. Honesly, you cannot see any reason for the Skins to take Tua or even think it is a possibility? 

Just now, BZski said:

LOL That is pretty much the same thing! "We'll go into camp believing Dwayne Haskins is the starter". 

I get it. You are most likely right and the Redskins take Young but the obnoxious "this will never happen" attitude is a little much. Honesly, you cannot see any reason for the Skins to take Tua or even think it is a possibility? 

Actually, no.

One is a factual statement in the present "Yeah.  He is for right now, for sure."  That tells you absolutely nothing about their future plans with him.  He's just giving you 100% honesty saying Rosen is their current quarterback.  

However, the other statement is telling you their plans for the future.  Haskins is going to go into camp as the starter.

If you can't see the difference in those two statements, I can't help you.